Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Nellie Rose Morningstar

Your Local Waluigi Simp. Fite Me
Pronouns
She/They/Zim
Honestly, I know it got added, but I want Waluigi Pinball. TBH I want more Waluigi because he's perfect in every way and I love him. Waluigi did nothing wrong and he deserves the very best

Pronouns
They/She
MarioWiki
splashmouse
Has anyone else noticed the Rival System changed?
I played 50cc Turnip Cup as Mario, and had Baby Peach as a rival instead of Peach.
Then I played 50cc Propeller Cup as Mario, and had Cat Peach as my rival instead of Peach.
Both in Grand Prix to be clear.
FZU16HuVsAEzPwu.jpeg

FZZ-47oUUAEL3Ld.jpeg

Now the question is, is the change exclusive to the Booster Pass cups, or did it implement onto the old cups too?

Pronouns
They/She
MarioWiki
splashmouse
So this time, on grand prix 100cc Turnip, the rival system was completely bonkers.
While Bowser and a variation of Peach (Pink Gold Peach) are still present, they were not Mario's rivals.
Screenshot 2022-08-06 11.13.38 AM.png

I should clarify, I have never used any mods, whatever is going on is coinciding with Booster Pass.

One theory is my console is gaining consciousness and grew bored of routine, it's only a matter of time till it takes over the world.

Attachments

Door Trace

Make sure to lock so fires can't get in.
Wiki Administrator
Poll Committee
Pronouns
She/her
MarioWiki
Ray Trace
I think rivals are hardcoded anyway like vehicle preferences, so you can't change rival order, even with mods.

EDIT: Never mind, they're stored in a file called AIRivalTable.byaml. I guess that might have changed with the update.