Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Forum Mod
Retired Wiki Staff
We might as well start planning for these tournaments now. :metal:

RandomYoshi

Sweden? More like Memeden.
Chat Operator
Retired Wiki Staff
I would definitley enjoy it if there was a Mafia game to play. I know Pyro abd Skulldug ruined the last one, but we can ban them from playing so they won't ruin everything again.

Hobbes

Star Spirit
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
Chiaki Nanami said:
I would definitley enjoy it if there was a Mafia game to play. I know Pyro abd Skulldug ruined the last one, but we can ban them from playing so they won't ruin everything again.
Same here.

Pokemon DP

God I'm good at being an owl
Retired Wiki Staff
Groden said:
I'll be hosting another TF2 event, ideally more organized and less prize-breaking.
let's hope I'll be able to even attend, now that school is starting this year

Stooben Rooben

Star Spirit
Chat Administrator
Retired Wiki Staff
Mafia would be fun, but it needs to start much earlier this year than it did last year. (though I would prefer to not take part in hosting because of my...uh...unreliability)

and clearly a tf2 tournament is the worst idea ever

what were you thinking
Make it happen, Hoss.

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon was just announced for online multiplayer. If I get it and it's any good, might be interested in hosting a tournament for it. (that is, if enough users got the game and would be interested in playing it)

Mario4Ever

A price for everything.
Retired Wiki Staff
Assuming more users get their hands on Wii U between now and the awards, we could probably hold a Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed tournament (all I know is that it has online multiplayer, since I don't have it yet) in lieu of one based around Mario Kart Wii.

Weasel

Donkey Kong
Retired Forum Mod
We need to have at least one more Brawl tourney.

gamefreak and i always have a good time smacking each other around in that

RandomYoshi

Sweden? More like Memeden.
Chat Operator
Retired Wiki Staff
Ghirahim said:
I'd like a Mario Kart 7 tournament again. Not sure if I could host it though.
I've heard the last one wasn't hosted that well. Whoever wants to host it need to be able to organise the event better if it's up for inclusion, though that's just my opinion of things.

Gamefreak75

"The hated boss who beats you down..."
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Forum Mod
Retired Wiki Staff
Proto Man said:
We need to have at least one more Brawl tourney.

gamefreak and i always have a good time smacking each other around in that
If we are doing a Brawl tournament (I hope so, since the hype for SSB4 would likely get everyone playing Smash Bros again), I would need to practice. It's been almost a year since I last played Brawl. :-[

Anton

kero?
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Who needs practice when you can just spam projectiles!

Gamefreak75

Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Forum Mod
Retired Wiki Staff
If it were me, I'd ban all items since I'd rather the tournament be based on skill rather thank luck, since we would be doing it for prizes, of course.

If nobody wants that, I'd at least want the Smash Ball banned.

Chilly said:
If it were me, I'd ban all items since I'd rather the tournament be based on skill rather thank luck, since we would be doing it for prizes, of course.

If nobody wants that, I'd at least want the Smash Ball banned.
I never considered items really luck, for some reason. I mean, if you know how to use them well, isn't that skill? (I mean I suppose some spammy ones like the fan maybe, as much as I love it, could be banned)

Gamefreak75

Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Forum Mod
Retired Wiki Staff
I was more specifically talking about stuff like the Pokeball, Assist Trophies, and explosives that appear out of nowhere when you're doing something.

Chilly said:
I was more specifically talking about stuff like the Pokeball, Assist Trophies, and explosives that appear out of nowhere when you're doing something.
I suppose, but I think items add more quality to the game.

Chiaki Nanami said:
Or perhaps have two separate tournaments, one with items and one without?
That could work, too. Plus, gives an opportunity for more playing time, if you get out in one tournament or something.

Weasel

Donkey Kong
Retired Forum Mod
I'd be all for 2 tournaments. I can definitely see both sides of the argument, but I personally have had bad experiences with items.

Chilly said:
explosives that appear out of nowhere when you're doing something.
^ mainly because of that

Mahiru Koizumi said:
Who needs practice when you can just spam projectiles!
but i play as wario and marth

also falco but his blaster is situational at best

Crypt Raider

9 more seasons
Has there been any talks of how many tokens for prizes are being distributed?

The TF2 event last year had a cancerous amount distributed because of lack of communication on how much everyone else was getting. As great as it was to sweep up the market before everyone else, I'd like to prevent that this year. It can afford to be less because most of the TF2 players already have extra.