2012 'Shroom Director Election: Final Debate

Hobbes

Star Spirit
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
[2013-01-10 20:10:37] <Tucayo> Welcome to the final 'Shroom Director Debate!
[2013-01-10 20:10:41] |<-- Youmu_Chaopaku has left irc.darkmyst.org (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
[2013-01-10 20:10:50] <Tucayo> If you have any questions, please query them to either SMB or myself.
[2013-01-10 20:11:01] <Tucayo> #mwchat rules apply
[2013-01-10 20:11:56] <Tucayo> A small turnout today, but we can still party
[2013-01-10 20:12:29] <PTR> we
[2013-01-10 20:12:31] -->| Youmu_Chaopaku (UserQuest@gje-59-398-761-96.nyc.res.rr.com) has joined #mwshroom
[2013-01-10 20:12:38] <PTR> *we're twelve minutes late
[2013-01-10 20:13:00] <Tucayo> No one has had any questions yet, so we're waiting for one
[2013-01-10 20:13:16] -->| Nabber (Mibbit@tkp-46r4q5uw.dyn.optonline.net) has joined #mwshroom
[2013-01-10 20:13:24] <Tucayo> We have our first question of the night
[2013-01-10 20:13:45] <Tucayo> Shoey, ask away.
[2013-01-10 20:13:50] <Tucayo> This question is for both candidates.
[2013-01-10 20:13:59] <Marshal_Dan_Troop> how many special issues do you plan to have?
[2013-01-10 20:14:04] -->| YoshiKong (Mibbit@ite-452-959-571-548.lns4.win.bigpond.net.au) has joined #mwshroom
[2013-01-10 20:14:29] <Tucayo> I will answer first.
[2013-01-10 20:15:12] <Tucayo> I plan to stick with the 2 special issues system that has worked so well. I believe having more Special Issues would take the special out of them.
[2013-01-10 20:15:33] <Tucayo> These Special Issues would be Issue LXXV (75, in June) and the Holiday Issue
[2013-01-10 20:16:11] <Tucayo> But, as I mentioned in my campaign, even if only two issues will be dubbed "Special Issues", I will make everything I can to ensure no two issues are alike. We will have events, guest writers and the likes.
[2013-01-10 20:17:43] <SMB> Firstly, I would like to thank Shoey for this great question and everybody in attendance tonight. I would also like to thank Tucayo for being here tonight to participate in what is likely our last debate of the election season.
[2013-01-10 20:18:01] <SMB> To respond to your question, Shoey,
[2013-01-10 20:19:12] <SMB> For the 2013 period for The 'Shroom, I plan on having up to two special issues. As I mentioned in my campaign, having any more would be too much stress on the writers and the staff, and would also make each one less unique.
[2013-01-10 20:20:15] <SMB> After our first special issue, I would see where we stand as a team and everything, and the Core Staff will make an evaluation as to whether we are able to do another Special at a later point.
[2013-01-10 20:20:42] <SMB> We were able to do two this year, so I am certain that we can do the same next year.
[2013-01-10 20:21:47] <SMB> And as my opponent said, and as we were able to do this year under my directorship, Special Issues will not be the only venues where fun events can be held and special sections provided- we had several issues that had themes and fn projects that went along with them.
[2013-01-10 20:22:13] <PTR> *fun
[2013-01-10 20:23:06] <SMB> So I can guarantee that we will be able to have great issues next year that are all very unique and go above and beyond what we have done in the past.
[2013-01-10 20:23:42] <Youmu_Chaopaku> ptr
[2013-01-10 20:23:46] <Youmu_Chaopaku> shut up and let him talk
[2013-01-10 20:23:59] <SMB> And I feel that my record and our record as a Core Staff this year shows that I am capable of following through on this promise.
[2013-01-10 20:24:13] <SMB> And we as a staff and a team in general, as well.
[2013-01-10 20:24:33] <Tucayo> Do you have any follow-ups to this question, Shoey?
[2013-01-10 20:25:15] <Marshal_Dan_Troop> I do but i'll ask it later
[2013-01-10 20:25:18] <Tucayo> PTR, please restrain from interrupting the candidates. It's a lack of respect.
[2013-01-10 20:25:24] <Tucayo> Ok, thanks, Shoey :)
[2013-01-10 20:25:33] <Tucayo> Next we have a question from Superchao
[2013-01-10 20:25:40] <Tucayo> To both candidates, as well
[2013-01-10 20:25:47] <Nabber> Now, to ask a question, we just PM a candidate?
[2013-01-10 20:25:56] <Youmu_Chaopaku> yes!
[2013-01-10 20:25:57] <Tucayo> PM or query, yes : )
[2013-01-10 20:25:59] <Youmu_Chaopaku> anyhow
[2013-01-10 20:27:22] <Youmu_Chaopaku> How does the Shroom Director plan to get the Shroom and AC to work together, especially since it's likely the Shroom Director will be approached for the Shroom Awards position? I already know about special sections to discuss candidates; I'm talking about advertising, especially trying to do Anniversary Annoucements (since Ralph kind of skipped out on that) and other ways of having the Shroom Staff and Awards Committee work toge
[2013-01-10 20:27:24] <Youmu_Chaopaku> :words:
[2013-01-10 20:27:56] |<-- YoshiKong has left irc.darkmyst.org (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
[2013-01-10 20:28:03] <Youmu_Chaopaku> oh my god i killed him with my words
[2013-01-10 20:28:05] <Youmu_Chaopaku> i am so sorry
[2013-01-10 20:29:18] <SMB> Thank you for your question, Superchao. In response, I would like to say,
[2013-01-10 20:29:51] |<-- Nabber has left irc.darkmyst.org (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
[2013-01-10 20:30:42] <SMB> There are many great ways in which the Awards Committee and The 'Shroom Staff can work together to achieve mutual goals.
[2013-01-10 20:31:38] <SMB> (In terms of advertising and planning and such, by the way.)
[2013-01-10 20:32:47] <SMB> One thing is that in order to plan these things out, we definitely need for there to be a strong and consistent line of communication between both staff groups. That said, I will continue to ask that the Awards Director and Sub-director attend certain segments of 'Shroom Staff meetings in order to plan out the events and ways in which we can advertise the entire Awards Ceremony in general.
[2013-01-10 20:33:24] <SMB> I will certainly try to make these occur more frequently and that we are all as engaged and as involved as possible.
[2013-01-10 20:34:14] <SMB> In order to advertise, we have a few ideas on the table as it is- one of which is having special sections advertising and educating users about each award and nominee, as you stated in your question.
[2013-01-10 20:34:59] <SMB> Another one is The 'Shroom Achievements system. We hope that this will encourage more writers and staff members to take an interest in the anniversary festivities and to consider contributing to the event.
[2013-01-10 20:35:57] <SMB> I also plan on doing one thing that has constantly proven to work- communicate with the writers and the readers. I remember some years ago, we had issues with filling up sign ups for certain categories. All it took was me sending out invitations to some 'Shroom writers, and those slots filled up within a day or two.
[2013-01-10 20:37:02] <SMB> Imagine if we built upon this idea- so I would, in addition to the special sections and Anniversary Announcements, make announcements in the Director's Notes as well highlighting certain important topics about the awards when the Awards Staff requests such.
[2013-01-10 20:38:56] <SMB> I would also be willing to work with the Core Staff and the Awards Staff to build our relationship and to think of more innovative concepts to implement that will benefit both groups.
[2013-01-10 20:39:51] <SMB> So definitely, I would conclude with this- know that I am definitely willing and will be dedicated to putting in the time and the effort to help us both move forward in a positive direction.
[2013-01-10 20:40:28] <Tucayo> Advertising is vital, since, due to their nature, Community Awards appeal to a smaller audience than the Mario or Fail Awards. First of all, and aside from the special sections we will have, we need to actually have Anniversary Announcements this year, and that has to start ASAP, since AC activities start soon. As for other ways to work together, the first thing on the agenda should be the...
[2013-01-10 20:40:28] <Tucayo> ...categories for this year's awards. I think last year can be taken as a great example. The AC allowed the Core Staff to get a shortlist of categories, and from there, the AC chose the ones they thought worked better. I would suggest following the same pattern, since it proved beneficial for the overall planning. Of course, as SMB mentioned, I think it would be vital for members of the AC...
[2013-01-10 20:40:28] <Tucayo> ...to attend our meetings, to make sure everyone's interests are represented.
[2013-01-10 20:40:28] <Tucayo> Since we also need to discuss the exchange rate for Shroom tokens, meeting with the AC Director and Sub-Director is highly important.
[2013-01-10 20:40:48] <Tucayo> *are highly important X.x
[2013-01-10 20:42:45] <Tucayo> Do you have any follow-up questions, Perch?
[2013-01-10 20:42:46] <SMB> If I may, can I state one last thing?
[2013-01-10 20:43:11] <Youmu_Chaopaku> NO
[2013-01-10 20:43:14] <Youmu_Chaopaku> (yes and yes)
[2013-01-10 20:43:16] <Tucayo> Sure th--- OK, NO
[2013-01-10 20:43:51] <SMB> If you want to follow up first, then please feel free to. : )
[2013-01-10 20:43:59] <Youmu_Chaopaku> okay well
[2013-01-10 20:44:00] <Youmu_Chaopaku> tucky
[2013-01-10 20:44:03] <Youmu_Chaopaku> when you say "the AC"
[2013-01-10 20:44:16] <Youmu_Chaopaku> how much do you want to extend this definition to?
[2013-01-10 20:44:36] <Youmu_Chaopaku> Just the director/sub-director; those + the hosts; general membership?
[2013-01-10 20:45:17] <Tucayo> Director, Sub-Director plus the hosts, if the subject of the meeting requires them.
[2013-01-10 20:46:08] <Tucayo> For the discussion of the final revision of the Shroom Awards maybe it could be the other way round, as in you inviting the Core Staff to that meeting.
[2013-01-10 20:46:14] <Tucayo> Of course, if you're fine with it.
[2013-01-10 20:46:47] <Youmu_Chaopaku> no all of you are excluded from our rituals
[2013-01-10 20:46:53] <Youmu_Chaopaku> (yeah i'd be a-ok with it)
[2013-01-10 20:47:02] <SMB> For the record, those Awards Committee members that can attend these meetings- I would leave that at the discretion of the Awards Director and Sub-director. I don't want to set an arbitrary limit- we need to work together, and so I am willing to work with those that the Directing staff of the Awards feels should be included in the discussion.
[2013-01-10 20:47:33] <SMB> Whether they be hosts or not, it's whoever Turboo and Superchao feel would be vital to the discussion.
[2013-01-10 20:48:15] <Youmu_Chaopaku> Alright, that's all then.
[2013-01-10 20:48:26] <SMB> May I make one quick statement, though?
[2013-01-10 20:48:32] <Youmu_Chaopaku> sure
[2013-01-10 20:48:52] |<-- David has left irc.darkmyst.org (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
[2013-01-10 20:52:21] <SMB> I would also like to add that all of our other plans may directly or indirectly affect how these sorts of things go with the Committee. One thing I would like to mention is that I feel that I am more extensive in my plans to make information (present and past) on The 'Shroom more accessible, and am also more extensive in trying to build up a larger audience for The 'Shroom. This in turn can perhaps produce more participants fo
[2013-01-10 20:52:27] <SMB> (let me know if that cuts off)
[2013-01-10 20:52:33] <Youmu_Chaopaku> participates fo
[2013-01-10 20:52:36] <Tucayo> It does. More participants fo
[2013-01-10 20:52:45] <SMB> ...participants for the Anniversary functions. So I am positive that under my directorship, all of my plans are extensive enough to not only directly benefit the awards, but also indirectly benefit them as well by making The 'Shroom as a partner more organized and outreaching.
[2013-01-10 20:52:50] <Youmu_Chaopaku> fo fo fo fo
[2013-01-10 20:52:51] <Youmu_Chaopaku> i see
[2013-01-10 20:53:21] <Tucayo> fo shizzle
[2013-01-10 20:53:40] <Youmu_Chaopaku> when are you guys gonna hold Debate 4: Rap Battle
[2013-01-10 20:53:54] |<-- PTR has left irc.darkmyst.org (Quit: ChatZilla 0.9.89 [Firefox 17.0.1/20121128204232])
[2013-01-10 20:54:01] <Youmu_Chaopaku> ptr is allergic to rap
[2013-01-10 20:54:47] <SMB> Haha. :P
[2013-01-10 20:55:03] <SMB> And alright, Superchao. Does that answer your questions fully, or do you have any other follow-up questions?
[2013-01-10 20:55:06] <Tucayo> We're scheduling it as we talk ; )
[2013-01-10 20:56:21] <Youmu_Chaopaku> i'm done
[2013-01-10 20:56:59] <SMB> Alright, thank you once again for your questions. Next up is Shoey, who has another question.
[2013-01-10 20:57:24] <Marshal_Dan_Troop> Alright I think I asked this last year :P but do you either of you have any plans to restart the shroom spotlight
[2013-01-10 20:59:25] <Tucayo> I actually hadn't considered it, since it's so dead I didn't even remember it existed. But yes, I feel restarting it would be a great idea. We could ask for the admins' support to put it on the spotlight (ololol I'm so funny) and help attract users. A thread in the forums would greatly help this project, since I know many users would love to help.
[2013-01-10 21:02:29] <SMB> Thank you again for another good question, Shoey. I feel one of the major steps in improving the project is by looking at all of the problems it currently faces.
[2013-01-10 21:03:33] <SMB> One such thing is the lack of an active leader. The Activities Director is the individual that should be operating this project, and so making sure that somebody active holds the position is extremely important.
[2013-01-10 21:04:12] <Youmu_Chaopaku> *coughcoughmaybeyoushouldvoteonanewactivitiesdirectorcoughcough*
[2013-01-10 21:04:20] <SMB> I will ensure that throughout the next year, our Activities Director will be a member of the community that will be outgoing in their efforts to help out with their duties and that have the time to do so.
[2013-01-10 21:04:41] <SMB> I think from there, you will start to see a shift in the right direction for this project.
[2013-01-10 21:04:43] <SMB> However,
[2013-01-10 21:04:54] * Smasher 
[2013-01-10 21:05:20] <Youmu_Chaopaku> hi smasher
[2013-01-10 21:05:49] <SMB> Another thing is that the project is stale. And so, innovations and fixing things up will also be important. Currently, we focus on one game and we try to improve the article that relates to it (at least, we are supposed to).
[2013-01-10 21:07:17] <SMB> Perhaps introducing newer concepts, or perhaps in addition to just the game articles alone, will help the project expand. I actually received a very good idea from somebody last night on the topic, and I won't go out and try to politicize the suggestion at this point by mentioning it without their permission,
[2013-01-10 21:08:19] <SMB> Well, I actuallly just got permission to share the idea, so...
[2013-01-10 21:09:24] <SMB> Shoey has suggested to me that we redesign the Spotlight as a sort of improvement drive to make stubs into better and more content-filled articles.
[2013-01-10 21:09:58] <SMB> I completely support this idea and want to implement it in some form, whether that becomes the only goal of the project, or becomes one of several goals.
 

Hobbes

Star Spirit
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
2/2
[2013-01-10 21:12:14] <SMB> Actually, his idea was more broad in that he suggested we look at the several categories for improvement and feature them, and we also provide certain red links that need to be filled in with quality articles.
[2013-01-10 21:12:56] <SMB> So that said, I support the idea and hope to implement it if elected.
[2013-01-10 21:13:10] <Tucayo> For the record, I also like that idea.
[2013-01-10 21:13:10] <Tucayo> : 3
[2013-01-10 21:14:07] <SMB> Finally, getting some attention for the Spotlight is important, so as my opponent said, we can try to work with the wiki administration and on the forums to try to gather it attention.
[2013-01-10 21:15:17] <SMB> So it is definitely one thing that I have considered and am currently considering, and improving the Spotlight is a mjaor goal I wish to achieve in order to improve The 'Shroom's impact on the community.
[2013-01-10 21:15:23] <SMB> *major
[2013-01-10 21:16:58] <Tucayo> Shoey, do you have any follow-up questions?
[2013-01-10 21:17:13] <Marshal_Dan_Troop> none that at all related to the shroom :P
[2013-01-10 21:18:29] <Tucayo> Well, then I have a question for SMB.
[2013-01-10 21:18:49] <Tucayo> Are you planning to remove or add any Core Staff positions?
[2013-01-10 21:20:16] <SMB> At this point, I have not considered any plans to do so, but if there is an idea out there that has a chance of being legitimately applied, I would have the Core Staff give it consideration (although that would not guarantee the implementation of said idea).
[2013-01-10 21:21:37] <SMB> From the way I see it, we are operating adequately with the current set-up we have now. However, if something would be guaranteed to improve the way the staff functions, that is when said consideration can be held.
[2013-01-10 21:22:12] <Tucayo> Ok, thanks :)
[2013-01-10 21:22:19] <Tucayo> Has anyone got any more questions?
[2013-01-10 21:22:23] <Tucayo> Related to The 'Shroom
[2013-01-10 21:22:26] <SMB> I do.
[2013-01-10 21:22:33] <Tucayo> Ask away :)
[2013-01-10 21:23:29] <SMB> In the last debate, you mentioned that you oppose my ideas for overhauling the Subscription service. My question is: why?
[2013-01-10 21:25:20] <Tucayo> I don't exactly oppose it, I just think it would be a lot of work for the Statistics Manager, and I'm sure that alone would scare anyone from taking the position.
[2013-01-10 21:26:26] <Tucayo> It could be done, but it would be unfair to leave that to the Stats Manager
[2013-01-10 21:28:12] <SMB> Alright, thank you for the response. I would like to also note that I have already changed my campaign so as not to specifically assign this duty to the Statistics Manager (I don't want the impression to be there that if this is implemented, that is who I would designate it to).
[2013-01-10 21:30:05] <Tucayo> Oh, that sounds good.
[2013-01-10 21:30:14] <Tucayo> We will take a 10-minute break
[2013-01-10 21:30:22] <Tucayo> Try not to pee on the carpet.
[2013-01-10 21:30:32] * Marshal_Dan_Troop pees on the floor
[2013-01-10 21:31:51] * Smasher pushes shoey
[2013-01-10 21:32:55] * Tucayo eats glue
[2013-01-10 21:33:00] <Tucayo> DAMMIT, GUYS
[2013-01-10 21:33:09] <Tucayo> IT LOOKS LIKE WE HAVE A KINDERGARTEN IN HERE
[2013-01-10 21:33:59] <SMB> a!!
[2013-01-10 21:35:39] <Tucayo> oh wow, I thought there were more people in here
[2013-01-10 21:39:05] -->| Sunscreen (Mibbit@s-11-299-261-748.hsd3.va.comcast.net) has joined #mwshroom
[2013-01-10 21:39:22] <SMB> Welcome!
[2013-01-10 21:39:36] <Sunscreen> Thank you.
[2013-01-10 21:40:08] <Tucayo> So our break is now over
[2013-01-10 21:40:14] <Tucayo> Has anyone got any more questions?
[2013-01-10 21:40:56] <Marshal_Dan_Troop> yes
[2013-01-10 21:41:37] <Tucayo> OK, go ahead
[2013-01-10 21:41:41] <Marshal_Dan_Troop> this is for just tucky
[2013-01-10 21:42:06] <Marshal_Dan_Troop> do you have any plans add or remove core positions
[2013-01-10 21:42:40] =-= Marshal_Dan_Troop is now known as Raven_Effect
[2013-01-10 21:42:57] -->| Misogi_Kumagawa (chuunibyou@219-71-934-344.phnx.qwest.net) has joined #mwshroom
[2013-01-10 21:43:40] <Tucayo> At the moment I don't, but I will strongly consider bringing back sub-team Co-Directors, in case one sole user is not able to do all the work
[2013-01-10 21:44:20] <Tucayo> Do you have any follow-ups to that, Shoey?
[2013-01-10 21:44:58] <Raven_Effect> yeah
[2013-01-10 21:45:28] <Raven_Effect> SMB would you consider bringing back sub-team co-directors?
[2013-01-10 21:45:34] =-= Raven_Effect is now known as Marshal_Dan_Troop
[2013-01-10 21:46:39] <SMB> If one of my sub-team directors feels they need to do so, then I would consider their needs for the sake of their team.
[2013-01-10 21:48:02] <SMB> Otherwise, I will try my best to avoid that by ensuring that we start out with a staff that can actively deal with their responsibilties and whatnot.
[2013-01-10 21:48:45] <SMB> But again, should the event arise that one of our Sub-team Directors needs an extra hand for a longer period of time, then I think that can be considered.
[2013-01-10 21:50:07] <SMB> Does that answer your question, Shoey, or do you have a follow-up question to my response?
[2013-01-10 21:50:35] <Marshal_Dan_Troop> nope i'm done
[2013-01-10 21:50:57] <SMB> Alright, thank you for your question.
[2013-01-10 21:51:31] <SMB> Does anybdy else have any questions? If not, I have one.
[2013-01-10 21:52:43] <SMB> I take that as I should ask my question now. :P
[2013-01-10 21:53:27] <Tucayo> Yes, please :)
[2013-01-10 21:55:52] =-= Crash is now known as Crash[Away]
[2013-01-10 21:56:59] <SMB> So Tucayo, my friend, I want to make a statement before I ask the following question: I have read your campaign, and I have noticed that it is not extremely extensive (or at least in comparison to my campaign). One example is that you completely forgot about The 'Shroom Spotlight and did noot have any plans for it until just some time earlier in this debate. Another thing is that you list no plans for the Feedback Surveys, whi
[2013-01-10 21:57:23] <SMB> I assume it cuts off, so:
[2013-01-10 21:57:24] <SMB> ...Another thing is that you list no plans for the Feedback Surveys, which surprised me since that is something that the Statistics Manager is supposed to play a leading role in forming together and whatnot. That said, what are your plans for the Feedback Surveys?
[2013-01-10 22:01:32] <Tucayo> We had one Feedback Survey last year, and it was a major flop. We got a handful of responses and the entire staff ignored the results, so it was basically useless. I feel the problem here was on our end. I plan to have a couple of Feedback Surveys, but they are no good if no actions are taken. Which is why, I promise I will take any actions that are deemed necessary after having the surveys
[2013-01-10 22:02:52] <Tucayo> Does that answer your question, or do you have any follow-ups?
[2013-01-10 22:03:24] <SMB> I definitely have a follow-up.
[2013-01-10 22:04:42] <SMB> Our survey last year was not a "major flop." One of the main things was that we implemented some major changes and we mostly wanted to check with the voters on their opinions on the survey.
[2013-01-10 22:05:37] <SMB> For example, I know for a fact that we implemented changes on the new Main Page design that was implemented at the time that were requested in the survey.
[2013-01-10 22:07:01] <SMB> Most people that took time to leave comments left praise or good suggestions that we followed for the most part.
[2013-01-10 22:07:28] <SMB> Others voted, but left no comments. It is hard to work with votes that have no comments.
[2013-01-10 22:08:09] <SMB> http://www.mariowiki.com/The_%27Shroom:Issue_LXV/Feedback_Survey
[2013-01-10 22:08:32] <SMB> "Hello there! During the course of the last month we ran a Feedback Survey, and I would say it was a successful one."
[2013-01-10 22:08:46] <SMB> That was also in your write-up of the survey in Issue LCV, in case you forget.
[2013-01-10 22:08:50] <SMB> *LXV
[2013-01-10 22:09:01] <Tucayo> Well yes, I can't tell them it was a flop
[2013-01-10 22:09:06] <Tucayo> Plus,
[2013-01-10 22:09:18] <Tucayo> at the moment it seemed successful, since we had gotten some comments
[2013-01-10 22:09:38] <Tucayo> But we got practically nothing from the survey
[2013-01-10 22:09:54] <SMB> We got approval for most of our changes, which is important.
[2013-01-10 22:10:28] <SMB> Even if the feedback survey shows that we are getting approval for changes that we made, it is worth it. It's not a "failure."
[2013-01-10 22:10:45] <SMB> As a staff member put it in the board, the responses were simply affirming that we made the right choices.
[2013-01-10 22:10:59] <SMB> And we considered the suggestions we got and implemented what worked.
[2013-01-10 22:11:03] <Tucayo> But it was by no means as useful as it was, we could have worked with it much more
[2013-01-10 22:11:22] <Tucayo> For example, we know know 19% of our visitors are guests, and what are we doing with that number?
[2013-01-10 22:11:34] <Tucayo> Why ask if we have done nothing with it?
[2013-01-10 22:12:13] <SMB> That is something that does need to be developed, but let's also consider this: I don't recall you having suggested this during the year.
[2013-01-10 22:13:12] <Tucayo> Well, I made the survey, ran it and posted the results. I was the only one to comment on the results!
[2013-01-10 22:13:24] <SMB> That is objectively false.
[2013-01-10 22:14:32] <Tucayo> At least on the forum
[2013-01-10 22:14:42] <SMB> You were not the only one to comment on the results. I don't think Marioguy1 or Crocodile Dippy, for example, would appreciate that since I'm looking at their posts right now in that topic.
[2013-01-10 22:14:47] <SMB> Again, objectively false.
[2013-01-10 22:15:15] <SMB> Not to mention that several changes suggested in the survey /were carried out/.
[2013-01-10 22:15:16] <Tucayo> I wonder what that topic is, since I don't see any posts after mine
[2013-01-10 22:15:38] <SMB> To reference, http://www.marioboards.com/index.php?topic=18184.0
[2013-01-10 22:15:46] <SMB> There you go. : )
[2013-01-10 22:16:00] <Tucayo> Yup, I'm looking at the same one
[2013-01-10 22:16:16] <SMB> http://www.marioboards.com/index.php?topic=18184.msg919578#msg919578
[2013-01-10 22:16:22] <SMB> http://www.marioboards.com/index.php?topic=18184.msg919866#msg919866
[2013-01-10 22:16:25] <SMB> Look harder.
[2013-01-10 22:16:33] <SMB> Not to mention Dippy's post is actually the last one.
[2013-01-10 22:16:41] <SMB> So again, your statement is objectively false.
[2013-01-10 22:16:48] <Tucayo> Damn, I feel incredibly stupid right now.
[2013-01-10 22:16:58] <Tucayo> I hadn't seen there was a second page
[2013-01-10 22:17:17] <Tucayo> I apologize to you, Marioguy1 and Crocodile Dippy. Sorry about that.
[2013-01-10 22:17:27] <SMB> That's fair, and no hard feelings.
[2013-01-10 22:17:44] <SMB> But the point I am making is that the survey wasn't nearly as catostrophic as you suggested.
[2013-01-10 22:17:51] <SMB> Rather, it had a positive impact, if not slight.
[2013-01-10 22:18:06] <SMB> But it still had one since certain changes were carried out.
[2013-01-10 22:18:38] <SMB> So I just want that to be on record so that the true legitimacey of that survey is not discredited.
[2013-01-10 22:19:27] <SMB> Now, I am glad that you intend to carry out Feedback Surveys. I intend to do the same and implement necessary changes as has been done during my term as Director.
[2013-01-10 22:20:05] <SMB> Thank you for addressing the point, even if it is this far in the election and during our final debate as well.
[2013-01-10 22:22:28] <SMB> I also have a final question for you, if nobody else has one.
[2013-01-10 22:23:36] |<-- Sunscreen has left irc.darkmyst.org (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
[2013-01-10 22:25:40] <SMB> Alright, my question is: what do you feel about the idea for creating a Manual of Style for our current and incoming writers?
[2013-01-10 22:26:02] <SMB> To give credit where it is due, this was an idea Ralphfan pitched in his time in the Core Staff during my first term.
[2013-01-10 22:26:47] <Tucayo> I really like that idea, I would like to see it implemented.
[2013-01-10 22:27:07] |<-- Gamefreak75 has left irc.darkmyst.org (Quit: nwehehehe)
[2013-01-10 22:28:26] <SMB> Alright, thank you. I'm glad we agree on that.
[2013-01-10 22:28:38] <Youmu_Chaopaku> turb
[2013-01-10 22:28:41] <Youmu_Chaopaku> when did you get here
[2013-01-10 22:28:46] <Misogi_Kumagawa> a while ago
[2013-01-10 22:28:51] <Youmu_Chaopaku> o
[2013-01-10 22:28:54] -->| Gamefreak75 (Yammonster@ozf-28-85-51-817.socal.res.rr.com) has joined #mwshroom
[2013-01-10 22:30:42] <Tucayo> Well, that closes our final debate!
[2013-01-10 22:31:03] <Tucayo> NOW is the time to vote, if you haven't done so! Here's the page you need: http://www.mariowiki.com/The_%27Shroom:Issue_LXIX/Director_Election
[2013-01-10 22:31:20] <Tucayo> Good night, MARIOWIKEEH!!
[2013-01-10 22:31:29] <Tucayo> even if we have a rather small audience
[2013-01-10 22:32:18] <SMB> Thank you for coming everybody! Best of luck to you, Tucayo.
[2013-01-10 22:32:35] <Tucayo> Thanks, best of luck to you too : )
 
Top