2012 'Shroom Director Election

Hobbes

Star Spirit
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
And so it begins, the 2012 'Shroom Director Election! Here's the Election article. Over there you will find the candidates, their campaigns and will be able to vote. If you think you have what it takes, you can run yourself! We will schedule debates later on. The Election will end Saturday, January 19th at 8:00 PM EST. Only registered users are able to vote.

Hobbes

Star Spirit
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
Thanks!

We are already scheduling the first debate, we'll let you know the time and date when we have it.

We have our first debate: Wednesday, December 26th, 2012 at 9:00 PM EST on #mwshroom. Sorry in advance to all European/Asian folks for the inconvenient time for you, we'll have another debate at a time more suitable for you.

Pokemon DP

God I'm good at being an owl
Retired Wiki Staff
posting so people actually know tucayo edited his post

Pokemon DP

Retired Wiki Staff
that takes too long for people to notice; more obvious this way, I want everyone to see this news ASAP

Hobbes

Star Spirit
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
When the last post is edited, the "new" icon does appear, but the topic is not listed under unread or updated topics. And that's the end of the discussion.

Super Mario Bros.

Oh boy! Haha!
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
Tucky the Snowman said:
We have our first debate: Wednesday, December 26th, 2012 at 9:00 PM EST on #mwshroom. Sorry in advance to all European/Asian folks for the inconvenient time for you, we'll have another debate at a time more suitable for you.
This is tonight, just so everybody knows.

Hobbes

Star Spirit
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
After going through the Fan Creations board, I came up with a new proposal:

As I was browsing the Super Mario Boards today, I thought of something. We have a great amount of promising fan creations on the community; be it games, stories, comics... you name it; but sadly, most of them never see the light, which is often due to the lack of attention they get. And even when they do see the light, they still get less attention than they deserve. But it doesn't have to be that way. One of our goals at The 'Shroom is to help our community and their projects grow, and a great way of doing so would be promoting their work. What I propose is that we create a section similar to the old Fangamers Report, in which we could advertise fan creations that need it. Advertise which ones need sign-ups, which ones were just released, which ones need editors... whatever we can do to help their authors. We could even further expand our relationship with Userpedia and, should authors want it, show previews of upcoming updates of their creations; this would help create expectation and would give them a wider audience.

Super Mario Bros.

Oh boy! Haha!
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
I guess I'll post my official stance on that as well:

Campaign article; added today said:
Added after start of campaign: My opponent Henry Tucayo Clay [...] proposes that "we create a section similar to the old Fangamers Report, in which we could advertise fan creations." I support this idea completely and will implement it if elected. However, I feel that this one proposal that he offers is not sufficient enough to attract attention to our community's fan creations or to build a substantial partnership with Userpedia. I would therefore like to reinforce my support for strengthening our bond with the community and Userpedia by adding other sections related to fan projects and Userpedia, such as fiction reviews and a Userpedia news section, as well as partnering with Userpedia to enhance both our 'Shroom Achievements and the upcoming Userpedia Shop. I am certain that implementing all of these ideas will allow for a more extensive growth and development of The 'Shroom and the community overall.

Hobbes

Star Spirit
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
We have now scheduled a second debate! The second debate will take place Thursday, January 3rd at 4PM EST on #mwshroom. This is 9PM in the UK, 10PM in the rest of Europe, 7 or 8AM in Australia.

Full time zone conversions

Stooben Rooben

Star Spirit
Chat Administrator
Retired Wiki Staff
Wow, this race is actually pretty tight so far. Kinda nice to see things are suspenseful. :)

I might be able to attend the beginning of the next debate, but I'll have to leave for work within the first hour. Still would be cool to see part of it, at least.

Pokemon DP

Retired Wiki Staff
In that case, I think if Stooben has any questions he should get priority.

Hobbes

Star Spirit
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
Our second debate is taking place right now, be sure to attend so you can ask any questions you may have. Or just to watch.
Here.

Stooben Rooben

Star Spirit
Chat Administrator
Retired Wiki Staff
Crocodile Dippy said:
In that case, I think if Stooben has any questions he should get priority.
Much appreciated, but I'm not sure I have any questions for this debate. I mostly wanted to see what SMB and Tucayo had to say, and their responses to any other questions at hand.

I might come up with a question sometime during the debate, though. :P

Squawks

Shokora
Wiki Bureaucrat
Core 'Shroom Staff
This is going to be so close. I remember when the votes were 6-6. Now it's 12-12!