Day Vs. Night - Team Based Mafia - Relaxing under a Starry Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonicMario

Star Spirit
Hello everyone, this is me going ahead with my idea for my 3rd Mafia. After Star Wars finished last month. I was thinking of doing a Smash Bros one at first, but the ideas I had in my head were a bit too ambitious to do right now. So instead, I'm having this idea. It's not the traditional type of Mafia, but it's still simple enough that I'm sure it will end up as a fun game.

Here's the thing: Instead of a clear Innocents and Mafia sort of thing. There will be two teams. Each phase (Obviously split by day and night) gets a turn to try to kill members of the other team. One represents the Daytime, which will be able to vote publicly in the day, and if they have night actions do something during the Night phases. The other represents the Night, which will vote more secretly by PMing me their votes, and the Daytime phases are their Night phases. Those on the Nighttime team can still "vote" on Day phases in an attempt to make them look like they're on the side of the Daytime team but they won't actually count.

The teams are directly split in half, so it's no secret that there will be 12 members on each side. There will be no secret 3rd parties, nor will there be any independents or Neutrals. You'll either be on one side or the other. The twist of the teams is however that only a few of you will be aware of anyone who's on your team. A majority of each team will not know who's on what side. The few members that will get the chance to know eachother will get their own Quicktopic. It's the majority vote that decides who dies each phase, even on the Nighttime phases when the Night team chooses who to kill. The beginning of the game would more then likely be blind stabs that both sides could end up screwing themselves or they can get one of the other team. It's a 50/50 chance after all, that's more then you can say most blind stabs are. (The Nightteam can technially "vote" on Day phases, but their votes won't actually count in the Day phases. Any votes by the Nightteam is an attempt to look like they're on the Dayteam. The Night overall is all for deception after all)

All the roles will be borrowed from Media that I like or are aware of. All the characters on each side are in some way aligned with the Daytime/Sun or the Nighttime/Moon. It doesn't matter if they're a hero or a villain in the media they represent. If both are on the side of the Sun or the Moon they're teammates.

The goal is to be the last team standing, find those you can trust the most, deceive the other team, use your powers to your advantage to help your team win. Your teams will already be equal at the beginning, so unlike most Mafias where a Mafia wins by equaling the Innocents. Both sides have the same goal as an Innocent side. To completely defeat the other. Think of it almost like two Innocent Factions going head to head. The game will not end until one team is down to zero members left.

Also, all roles will be generally the same for each team. There will be one helping of each role for either team. So say that if there was a Vanilla role on the Daytime team, there'd also be a Vanilla on the Nighttime team.

I need 24 sign-ups. No more, no less. If anyone signs up after things have been filled already. They will be put in the replacement list.

Sign-ups
1. Rocker
2. Reversinator
3. Nabber
4. Crash
5. Smasher
6. Tucayo
7. New Super Mario
8. MCD
9. Fi
10. Yoshi K
11. RazorYoshi
12. Bop1996
13. Ralphfan
14. RandomYoshi
15. Crackin
16. Lily
17. Lakituthequick
18. Neptune
19. Epic Nitwit
20. PTR
21. Bowser45
22. MarioMaster15
23. Mario4Ever
24. Yoshiwaker

Replacements
1. NSY
2. Shoey
3. Pyro
4. FireEevee

Rocker64

~Massive Fangirl
Re: Day Vs. Night - Team Based Mafia - Sign-Ups

This sounds pretty sweet.

I'm in.

Smasher

Smasher
Forum Moderator
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee

hello I am me

Hobbes

Star Spirit
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff

Smasher Claus said:
hello I am me
You liar.

I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together.

bolding a random sentence means I'm in, right?

Ernest Fine

Dreamboat
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Forum Mod
Retired Wiki Staff

mcday

Rocker64

~Massive Fangirl

I'm just going to go ahead and sign-up again.

It's alright if i get two roles right? I can both sides!

Yoshi K

Come with me if you want cookies

I'll check this out.

Bop1996

Power Star
Retired Wiki Staff

sure

ralphfan

Thank you based god

Day and night
The lonely stoner seems to free his mind at night

SonicMario

Star Spirit

Only need 10 more spots filled. If anyone has any questions on how the game will work, that I didn't cover in the OP don't be afraid to ask.

Vera Misham

Ace Artist

Northern Verve said:
I was thinking of doing a Smash Bros one at first, but the ideas I had in my head were a bit too ambitious to do right now.
Huh. Same here. Interesting.

Also, it's almost guaranteed that Celestia and Luna will be in this, right?

Vera Misham

Ace Artist

Epic the Rudolph Nitwit said:
Northern Verve said:
I was thinking of doing a Smash Bros one at first, but the ideas I had in my head were a bit too ambitious to do right now.

Uhh, not to prod or anything, but this was a sign-up.

SonicMario

Star Spirit

Northern Verve said:

Uhh, not to prod or anything, but this was a sign-up.
Sorry about that. Fix'd

Anyway. I need just 5 more.

Status
Not open for further replies.