Mafia, The ~ Fin ~ Dewey Defeats Truman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rules & Standards:

Daytime/Nighttime -
  • During the Day, all players are able to cast a vote for whom they would like to have lynched. In order to make a vote, a player must type Vote: Player I.
  • Once you make a vote, it is not set in stone. If you desire to change your vote, you would simply type Unvote and then Vote: Player II.
  • Not all day phases will result in a lynch. Sometimes there will be days where voting is not necessary, or when there is not enough votes.
  • If you desire that you feel like there should be no voting, then please do not vote. Albeit there is days that will result in a no lynch, do not publicly vote No Lynch.
  • Once the day is over, whoever has the most votes against them when there is a lynch will be killed off. However, their role will not be revealed until early on in the night phase.
  • During the Night, players will be unable to vote. Most players will be able to perform any actions that directly affect the game, making them sitting ducks.
  • There are a select few that have powers and abilities that will be triggered during the night, and potentially affect the outcome of the night.
  • The Godfather will have the power to execute a kill of his/her choice. At the end of the night, the Mafia will strike, killing someone.
  • There are some nights were nothing important will happen. Those nights will come at times, due to certain events.
  • Every phase will have a short script or story throughout it. Sometimes there will be multiple, and sometimes there will only be one at the end of the day phase. These scripts will be catalysts for both setting the mood of the game and providing key help to who might be Townspeople or Mafia.

Alignments -
  • There are three alignments in the game: Townspeople, Mafia, and Neutral.
  • Townspeople are considered the good side, outnumbering the mafia ~4:1. However, they have no clue who each other are, and many of them have qualities that make them appear Mafia. They cannot perform night kills, and can only lynch someone via voting during the day. In order for the Townspeople to conquer the Mafia, they must be able to eradicate all of the members.
  • Mafia are considered the bad side, with their numbers very small compared to the Townspeople. To their benefit, they know who each other are in a enclosed place, and work together to try to take down the Townspeople. They can kill someone at night, and lynch via during the day. In order for them to win, they must be able to eradicate all of the Townspeople.
  • Neutral are people that do not affect the benefits/consequences of either of the two other alignments. They simply are a third party that act like Townspeople. In order for one of them to win, they must be able to make it to the end of the game.

Roles -
  • Although the roles are not as typical roles in other Mafia games, they still affect the game. Since this requires roleplaying, each role has distinct personalities that each and every member must perform in some way, shape or form. Whatever I - the host - have told them, they must follow.
  • There will be a few slip-up allowed for many roles, and if they are not followed completely yet most of the time, then everything will be fine. If I - the host - feels that a player is not following their role as I - the host - have desired, I - the host - will try to solve the problem.
  • This game will be of a very classy manner, which requires much respect and seriousness. Though I - the host - know that many of the roles might not seem royalty-esque, it still requires the people to perform them a best as they can. If they want the game to be fun, they would appreciate I - the host - and do their best to follow the standard precedures.
  • Every player has a type of curreny that comes in play with the godfather. If the Godfather summons someone, they might allow them to bribe him to spare them, kill someone of their choice, or not even attack during the night. However, if they have no money, they might sleep with the fishes

Powers -
  • There are a rare few that have additional powers in the game. Two of them are known - Detective and Godfather - while another two are hidden from the public. These roles greatly effect the outcome of the game, and will help tilt the balance of the game for each alignment.
  • The detective acts much like the Cop, being able to discover the identity of a player that they choose. Though, they will not be directly told, and will have to somewhat decipher what information they uncover. They are confirmed Townspeople.
  • The Godfather is the head of the Mafia, and are in charge of it. While maintaining a group of thugs, they decide who his/her minions will kill at the night. Once a night, they can send his/her minions to ambush someone and blindfold them, then talk to them about a possible bribe to affect how the kill will take place. The more money they provide him/her, the more likely they will change his/her mind.

Other Notes -
  • Only alive people may partake in the game. If there are people that are not playing in the game, they should not post in this thread. If they are dead players, they too must not post in this thread.
  • Once you are dead, you must head to the graveyard, are discuss anything you want there. If you are still alive, you can visit the graveyard anytime you want, but you cannot post in it.
  • There are going to be achievements that you can earn throughout the game. Most of them will be hidden and unknown, while some of them will be revealed in this paragraph: First Five to Post, Person to Quote this specific Bulletin, Using their role correctly. Some of them can be earned more than once, while some are quite difficult to achieve. They do not directly affect the game, but will be a fun way to earn brownie points for after the game with MVP, and having something besides lynching to aim for.
  • After the game, there will be a Timeline of everything that happened from beginning to end, all roles revealed, as well as a rating chart with MVP, Honorable mentions, and Most Improved. The last part will be based on how each player partakes in the game.
  • Any rule that is broken will most likely result in a reminder to not do it again via PM. Shall the same person continue breaking rules, they may result in other consequences. If a player decides to repeatly break the rules after a reminder and some minor consequences, or do something drastic, they will be blacklisted from this game, and - depending on the event - all my mafia games.

Players ~
Rocker
Nabber
Bop ~ General Sean Conway ~ Crushed by Bricks ~ The Second Night
Lily
MCD
Timmy
Gamefreak ~ Detective Jonathan Royce ~ Neck Slitted ~ The Third Night
NSY
Packy
Mario4Ever
LTQ
Crash
New Super Mario
Yoshiwaker ~ TBA ~ Trambled to Death ~ The Third Day
MG1
MM15
Epic Nitwit
Reversinator ~ Rich Evansworth ~ Stabbed in the chest ~ The First Night

Deaths:
The First Day ~ None
The First Night ~ Reversinator/Rich Evansworth

The Second Day ~ Shoey/Commoner
The Second Night ~ Bop/General Sean Conway
The Third Day ~ Yoshiwaker
The Fourth Day ~ Gamefreak/Detective Jonathan Royce

Nabber

Artisanal Cheese Taster
Re: Mafia, The - Night

I would just like to remind everyone that if I ever say anything strange, then it is only because of my role.

NSY

Celestial Guide

Didn't PTR drop out.

Ernest Fine

Dreamboat
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Forum Mod
Retired Wiki Staff

Lakituthequick said:
Nabber said:
I would just like to remind everyone that if I ever say anything strange, then it is only because of my role.
Sec.
Thir- *hic*

Bop1996

Power Star
Retired Wiki Staff

BMB said:
Person to Quote this specific Bulletin
HA

Nabber

Artisanal Cheese Taster

I think that is a bit unfair; that section was added after the other rules were laid down.

NSY

Celestial Guide

Role get.

Ernest Fine

Dreamboat
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Forum Mod
Retired Wiki Staff

BMB said:
  • There are going to be achievements that you can earn throughout the game. Most of them will be hidden and unknown, while some of them will be revealed in this paragraph: First Five to Post, Person to Quote this specific Bulletin, Using their role correctly. Some of them can be earned more than once, while some are quite difficult to achieve. They do not directly affect the game, but will be a fun way to earn brownie points for after the game with MVP, and having something besides lynching to aim for.

Nabber

Artisanal Cheese Taster

BMB said:
Someone please tell me if I have done this correctly.

...damnit

Nabber

Artisanal Cheese Taster

Good to see you came back from vacation to play this game, Lily.

Pyro

Power Star

[size=18pt]Quite a font you have there.

Oh, wait, I'm not in this game.

Lily x

Goodbye

BMB said:
Uhh.. Th-th-thanks, I-I ssupose.

Red Barchetta

Talk less, smile more.

BMB said:
I will do this.

NSY

Celestial Guide

BMB said:
Hey.

Master Crash

The Dragon of the West
Chat Operator

BMB said:
what am i doing

Time Turner

You are filled with determination. (R/GD/TT)

BMB said:
This needs more jewels.
:posh:

Nabber

Artisanal Cheese Taster

Does anyone else think that GreinDisaster sounds a tad like Rarity?

Time Turner

You are filled with determination. (R/GD/TT)

Nabber said:
Does anyone else think that GreinDisaster sounds a tad like Rarity?
How dare you compare me to a pony! I'm much more better than that cartoon pony! Even if she likes jewels!
:posh:

I absolutely hate this role and everything it stands for.

Status
Not open for further replies.