I have applied for Fake News

Do you think i will make the team ?

  • Yes

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • No

    Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Maybe

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • I like chocolate milk

    Votes: 12 60.0%

  • Total voters
    20

Alexneushoorn

I got a crush on Sonic the Hedgehog.
Banned User
Yesterday , i applied for the Fake News team . I hope MCD will read my application .
 

Hobbes

Star Spirit
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
He will, all applications are read and reviewed. You'll get the result in a week or so, good luck!
 

Toad85

MarioKartRPG
tucayo said:
He will, all applications are read and reviewed. You'll get the result in a week or so, good luck!
Or, if you're like me, four months.

Though I signed up for the main section, not Fake News.
 

Hobbes

Star Spirit
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
Lakituthequick said:
I have once sent in something as well, but I never got any results back.
Really? When? And who did you send it to?
Toad85 said:
tucayo said:
He will, all applications are read and reviewed. You'll get the result in a week or so, good luck!
Or, if you're like me, four months.

Though I signed up for the main section, not Fake News.
Wow, really? We had no application deadlines back then, but now a week is the deadline to send the results.
 

Lakituthequick

Art by BBQ Turtle
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
tucayo said:
Lakituthequick said:
I have once sent in something as well, but I never got any results back.
Really? When? And who did you send it to?
Sent Items said:
« Sent to: Super Mario Bros. on: 28 December 2011, 19:01:07 »
 

Hobbes

Star Spirit
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
Lakituthequick said:
tucayo said:
Lakituthequick said:
I have once sent in something as well, but I never got any results back.
Really? When? And who did you send it to?
Sent Items said:
« Sent to: Super Mario Bros. on: 28 December 2011, 19:01:07 »
We're really sorry for that. As I said, the application process was improved this year so that doesn't happen. If you want, feel free to apply again.
 

Raven Effect

That's what I call hamburgers
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
Lakituthequick said:
tucayo said:
Lakituthequick said:
I have once sent in something as well, but I never got any results back.
Really? When? And who did you send it to?
Sent Items said:
« Sent to: Super Mario Bros. on: 28 December 2011, 19:01:07 »
I had the same thing happen when I first tried out for the shroom (you probably didn't get the job :P)
 

Pokemon DP

God I'm good at being an owl
Retired Wiki Staff
huh really

we usually give people feedback when they're turned down. But then I wasn't core staff at that time, so maybe the system was shittier back then.
 

Super Mario Bros.

Oh boy! Haha!
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
I apologize for that. Back in those times, I was pretty bad at ensuring that applications were reviewed in a timely manner.

That said, in order to circumvent issues of not reviewing applications in a timely manner, a one-week maximum has been put on to each application (and although it has not been followed perfectly this year, we've significantly improved and I would like to think that all applications are gone over in as timely a fashion as we can manage).

As for applications not being put up, I have made it a point try to not forget to post up applications in the board to be reviewed this year.
 

Alexneushoorn

I got a crush on Sonic the Hedgehog.
Banned User
Hi , Mr. Director of The Shroom . You can,t see me , but i salute you .
 

Alexneushoorn

I got a crush on Sonic the Hedgehog.
Banned User
Still no word ...

I still haven,t heard from MCD about my application for the Fake News . I wonder when he will give me the results .
 

Hobbes

Star Spirit
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
Re: Still no word ...

That's not true, creating a topic doesn't affect your chances. Thanks for bringing that to our attention, the staff was a bit undecided, that's why you haven't heard from us. I'll tell MCD to send you your results
 

Hobbes

Star Spirit
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
Re: Still no word ...

I can remove it if you want, but I really think this won't affect your chances.
 

Ernest Fine

Dreamboat
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Forum Mod
Retired Wiki Staff
Re: Still no word ...

We're still evaluating the application. It's only been about a week and a half.
 
Top