Prize limits

Crypt Raider

9 more seasons
The TF2 tourney has given out around 1400 tokens. However, it costs 1170 tokens to buy every prize available right now (On the side note, Stooben, is this literally everything, or does it not include e-shop cards and such?). This is a mistake I helped contribute to by persuading Stooben to lower prices, but at this rate, allowing people to buy however many prizes as their tokens allow will cause a major shortage.

I propose we apply a limit on the amount of things you can buy. It would be different based on the item; 1 game, 2 or 3 cards, and maybe 3 or 4 TF2 items. Even with this amount of tokens, there may still be a shortage, but it will affect less people and will give those relying on Mafia and such to get some prizes as well.

Any suggestions/objections?

Stooben Rooben

Star Spirit
Chat Administrator
Retired Wiki Staff
I think because we have less e-cards/wii points than anything, the cap on them should be the same or lower than the cap on Steam games. TF2 items could have a cap of 3-4, that would be reasonable (once I get the rest of the TF2 items in).

Groden said:
(On the side note, Stooben, is this literally everything, or does it not include e-shop cards and such?).
It's everything, excluding the TF2 items. Which I can't see adding much to the total.

Aoi Asahina said:
I might be mistaken, but I thought it was one prize per person?
Last year, this wasn't the case. Gamefreak [I think] bought 3 games, for example.

Tyrell Badd

"The hated boss who beats you down..."
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Forum Mod
Retired Wiki Staff
Yeah, I bought 3 games and still had tokens left over (even though it was only like 2 or 3 tokens).

I think that each person should be limited to one Steam game OR virtual console game and 3-4 TF2 items first time around. If there's extra prizes left over, I guess we start from the top again and work our way down. Unusued tokens can be donated to others or can be carried over to next year.

Stooben Rooben

Star Spirit
Chat Administrator
Retired Wiki Staff
^I like that. A lot. It's simple, but fair, and should give everyone a chance to redeem a prize.

Pokemon DP

God I'm good at being an owl
Retired Wiki Staff
I like Gamefreak's idea for this year, but next year we should decrease how many tokens you get from events, make prizes more expensive, or both

Crypt Raider

9 more seasons
Chihiro Fujisaki said:
I like Gamefreak's idea for this year, but next year we should decrease how many tokens you get from events, make prizes more expensive, or both
Yeah, this is a better way to reward more involved users while keeping enough prizes for everyone.