Determining Prize Hand-outs

How should prizes be given out this year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tyrell Badd

"The hated boss who beats you down..."
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Forum Mod
Retired Wiki Staff
So Stoob and I had a short chat about how prizes should be given out.

Last year, prizes were given out in a specific order, where the person with the most tokens chose first, then the person with the second most, etc. Due to this, a lot of people didn't get the prize they wanted and some people weren't even online to say which prizes they wanted, which in turn caused a lot of hassle since it would mean the people behind the person would have to wait until that said person chose to pick or to skip.

First come, first serve is self-explanatory. You could pick your prizes right away and have a fair chance at getting what you want.

The poll will close in 7 days.

Master Crash

The Dragon of the West
Chat Operator
I think it's fairer for whoever has the most tokens to go first. Plus those who live in different time zones might not get the opportunity to get what they wanted.

Pokemon DP

God I'm good at being an owl
Retired Wiki Staff
I guess most tokens chooses first works best. I don't even care, none of the prizes appeal to me. I'll probably just hand my tokens over to someone else.

Chihiro Fujisaki said:
I guess most tokens chooses first works best. I don't even care, none of the prizes appeal to me. I'll probably just hand my tokens over to someone else.
I'm pretty sure there is a rule against doing that.

Ernest Fine

Dreamboat
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Forum Mod
Retired Wiki Staff
I thought it was perfectly fine. I don't know why there'd be a rule against it.

Super Mario Bros.

Oh boy! Haha!
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
I selected the second option.

New Super Mario said:
Chihiro Fujisaki said:
Yeah, I tried to do that last year and I wasn't allowed.

Stooben Rooben

Star Spirit
Chat Administrator
Retired Wiki Staff
I personally think first-come-first serve seems more fair, but in a circumstance where we only have 1 of each prize, I guess the old method would be more organized. To me, it would kind of suck if someone was able to buy the prize I wanted before me, just because they had more tokens.

But I guess the same situation would happen with first-come-first-serve colliding with different time zones. :-\

Too bad there's no auto-scripted way to do this, like TF2Warehouse.

New Super Mario said:
Chihiro Fujisaki said:
Yeah, but it was a little stupid. I think making it where people can give others tokens/prizes if they want to, would be OK.

Pokemon DP

God I'm good at being an owl
Retired Wiki Staff
I don't have any interests on the Wii, and I own basically every game on Steam. What possible use could I have for these tokens? I'm giving them away, and that's that.