Back-Up Presenters

Super Mario Bros.

Oh boy! Haha!
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
Hey, Superchao, Turboo, and I were discussing some Awards-related things when the topic of Back-up Presenters came up in a query between Superchao and myself. We need to find ways to get more people involved in this process. Let's discuss!

I would, but I'm already busy with 3, and I don't think I'll have enough time. If you really needed one, I supposed I could take on one more presentation though.

Super Mario Bros.

Oh boy! Haha!
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
New Super Mario said:
I would, but I'm already busy with 3, and I don't think I'll have enough time. If you really needed one, I supposed I could take on one more presentation though.
Although I thank you for considering that, the point of the topic is not to ask people to sign up for more presentations (and if you feel you wouldn't have enough time for four, then you don't have to overwhelm yourself! :P).

The point of this topic is about Back-Up Presenters. These individuals are not signing up for specific presentations at this point, but are signing up to help out in the case that there are any vacancies when the normal presentation sign-ups close, if somebody has signed up for a presentation but they fall out on us at the last minute, or if somebody ends up sending in an unacceptable presentation that needs to be replaced. The individuals that sign-up should be prepare to do some work in the crunch-time that is between the deadline for presentations to be submitted and the day of the ceremony.

In other words, back-up presenters agree to carry out a very important role for the committee- they agree to make the presentations that others couldn't, and often don't know what they will do until a short time before the ceremony.

QuizmoManiac

a rhinestone cowboy
I've signed up for 2, mostly because the others don't interest me. I will also sign up as a backup.

Hobbes

Star Spirit
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
Signed up as back-up presenter. Not sure if we can pick, but if we can I'd rather back-up 'Shroom awards.