Poll Chairperson Election, 2012

Super Mario Bros.

Oh boy! Haha!
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
So here we are again: the Poll Chairperson Election is upon us.

This is the official topic for the election. Discuss the candidates (or perhaps your own plans, if you are considering running or intend to) and the election process overall in this thread. The wiki page for this election can be found here, and the page for the Poll Committee itself can be found here.

Once there are at least two eligible candidates that have registered a campaign, the debates will be planned by those candidates and the debate moderator (the latter most likely being me). These parties will agree to the rules of the debates, who is invited to participate in the debates, and everything of that sort. There can be more than one debate held this year, but it really depends on if the potential attendees have many questions and if at least two candidates are willing to participate at any time.

So yeah, let the posting begin.

I would like to mention that I am not seeking a third consecutive term for this office.

Pokemon DP

God I'm good at being an owl
Retired Wiki Staff
So I'm running now with Master Crash as me running mate. Hello.

Hobbes

Star Spirit
Core 'Shroom Staff
Poll Committee
Retired Wiki Staff
I'll probably vote for you, but out of courtesy I'll wait to see if someone else is willing to run.

Pokemon DP

Retired Wiki Staff
on reflection, I should've added some sort of basis or template or whatever for an application, just to make it easier for newer users. I might add that a bit later.

Toad85

MarioKartRPG
Someone should run just so that there's two candidates. Then you can just win in a landslide while still having "competition" for the job.

Bop1996

Power Star
Retired Wiki Staff
Plot twist!!!

My deep, dark desire to see a debate unfold over this may actually come to fruition.

Hobbes

Star Spirit
Core 'Shroom Staff
Poll Committee
Retired Wiki Staff
Monobear said:
Plot twist!!!

My deep, dark desire to see a debate unfold over this may actually come to fruition.
I love plot twists :3

Super Mario Bros.

Oh boy! Haha!
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
Nabber said:
Why is Tucayo voting for his competitor?
It has been considered an act of courtesy and respect in the past few elections.... Plumber and I voted for each other in the last Poll Chairperson Election; and Stooben, Tucky, and myself voted for others in that election.

Hobbes

Star Spirit
Core 'Shroom Staff
Poll Committee
Retired Wiki Staff
Toad85 said:
Marioguy1 said:
Toad85 said:
Someone should run just so that there's two candidates. Then you can just win in a landslide while still having "competition" for the job.
You're allowed to run.
I don't have any credentials, though.
You don't need them. We just use them to intimidate.

Pokemon DP

Retired Wiki Staff
I only used them to show how little I've actually done on the wiki in the past 5 years.

Hobbes

Star Spirit
Core 'Shroom Staff
Poll Committee
Retired Wiki Staff
I now have a runningmate!! Please welcome.... Edo!!

Bop1996

Power Star
Retired Wiki Staff
Oh man I really want to attend the debates now. Someone schedule the first debate asap.

Hobbes

Star Spirit
Core 'Shroom Staff
Poll Committee
Retired Wiki Staff
Great! Toad85, which times work for you? DP and I are fine with any day at any time. Except Friday night and Saturday afternoon for me.

Nabber

Artisanal Cheese Taster
I doubt the meetings will be at a time I can go on, or at least without having connection problems, so I probably won't be able to ask questions... again.