Quality control

Turboo

Shine Sprite
Wiki Administrator
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
before i open award reservations, i'd like to get this out of the way

basically, i think we should impose quality restrictions on the awards (by having the committee decide if someone should present for a certain award, selecting from trusted presenters (stooben, uniju, etc.), or some other method). i don't think we should implement this on every award, just ones like the openers, closers, and maybe ones like A9 (favorite major character).

suggestions for awards to restrict/ways to choose appropriate presenters would be greatly appreciated, so uh

Raven Effect

That's what I call hamburgers
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
Maybe ask people like Stooben and Uniju to do the major awards before we open up sign ups

Ernest Fine

Dreamboat
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Forum Mod
Retired Wiki Staff
Maybe trusted/veteran presenters could be able to choose the awards they do before everyone else? Though that may seem a bit unfair to non-veterans.

edit: what shoey said

Raven Effect

That's what I call hamburgers
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
It's best to put a major award in the hands of someone you know makes quality presentations instead of leaving it up to random chance IMO

Bop1996

Power Star
Retired Wiki Staff
I agree with what Shoey has said on the matter; I would much prefer having someone experienced that we know we can count on taking the big awards than whoever gets there first.

Annie Eilenberg

Sera Island's #1 Alchemist
Forum Moderator
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
I support what Shoey, Bop, and MCD suggested.

Additionally, I feel we should go with the nine suggested (openers, closers, and Major Character), and we should probably try to figure out people who are good choices. Off the top of my head I can think of Stooben, Uniju, Snack, and Super Mario Bros - Does anyone else have good suggestions?

Pyro

Power Star
it's simple. prevent assholes from signing up for openers, closers, and major awards while waiting for a reply for awesome dudes like st00by and uniju

Mario4Ever

A price for everything.
Retired Wiki Staff
Per everyone agreeing with Shoey.

Turboo

Shine Sprite
Wiki Administrator
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
i think we should just do quality control and make the rest of the awards free for all

the committee is pretty large this year, so i don't think it would be fair if we both restricted it and gave ac members free choices

our current restrictions are A1, A9, A25, F1, F15, U1, U10, S1, and S10, which is a good list in my opinion

Stooben Rooben

Star Spirit
Chat Administrator
Retired Wiki Staff
I see nothing wrong with this. I'd be happy to help out.

Annie Eilenberg

Forum Moderator
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
So we had a shortlist of seven people. Two of them turned it down, three have chosen their awards, and two of them haven't responded with their choices yet but have agreed to present something. So what should we do about the remaining four quality-controlled awards?

Annie Eilenberg

Forum Moderator
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Uniju's presenting F1, Snack is presenting U1, and Dippy's doing S1. Stooben and SMB have both said they will present but haven't chosen awards yet, and Edofenrir and Mason turned it down.

That leaves A1, A9, A25, F15, U10, and S10, two of which will be Stoob/SMB.

Also it doesn't necessarily have to be a history of high-quality presentations specifically, just high-quality works in general.

EDIT: Stooben is doing A9 and SMB is doing S10. That leaves us with figuring out people for A1, A25, F15, and U10.

Turboo

Shine Sprite
Wiki Administrator
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
how do you feel about us assigning the remaining restricted presentations by having people do two quality presentations in exchange for only being able to present up to 3 awards this year

Mario4Ever

A price for everything.
Retired Wiki Staff
That doesn't sound like a bad idea.