General Discussion (Q&A)

Hobbes

Star Spirit
Retired Wiki Staff
Former 'Shroom Staff
Nope, I was gonna like a post on Shroom Mafia but then decided against it.

Hobbes said:
Is there an official position on post-liking?
Since it's a new feature on the forum, there's not really many rules surrounding it.

I think that if you do like posts - especially if your mafia - that it needs to be careful. I know that players will try to read anything if you give them the chance, so I would say don't like posts about people voting other people or accusations one player is making about another, since that'll obviously tell them that maybe they're Innocent and attacking a Mafia member and it becomes Host Interference.

I mean, I liked a couple posts in my game so far, but they all had to do with activity, since the activity has not been the best so far. So basically I think there shouldn't be any worries about liking a post as long as it doesn't have to do with favoring a player/position that the player has stated.

Anton

kero?
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Should a Like by a player who has been killed be considered on the same level as a deadpost? As in, if the Like heavily implies something that would otherwise not be allowed if it was actually put into words by the dead player, are they liable for punishment?

Anton

kero?
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
that sounds really clunky though, can't we just keep the word and hope people have enough common sense

Stargazing

Retired.
Chiaki Nanami said:
Let's drop the term altogether and call it 'deadinteracting' as in you're interacting with the game whilst you're dead.
since a lot of people will take the word deadpost literally and like things anyways, i'll call it that

Anton said:
Should a Like by a player who has been killed be considered on the same level as a deadpost? As in, if the Like heavily implies something that would otherwise not be allowed if it was actually put into words by the dead player, are they liable for punishment?
I made a post Right here about it.

The punishment is up to the host, and would be a lot harder to control since we can't make someone unvote as we can with just editing their post. This means that if someone is pissed off at a player or host they can use that system to mess with people, and is something that literally would be out of control. So in short, yeah, I definitely think that there should be punishment, and if hosts/players find that a dead player is purposefully liking posts, it needs to be reported so that action can be made immediately.

Sorry for the long haitus; was not intentional and was not voluntary.

Things will be updated accordingly this week (when I get this homework done for tonight). I will make sure to catch up on anything that I have missed.

Thank you for your patience.

I would like to say congratulations to GBAToad, who just got accepted into the Mafia Host Guild!

Fun story, my computer randomly froze when I clicked the button to add him to the member group, so I had to restart my computer. Apparently my computer did not enjoy adding GBAToad to the MHG. :P

Also, I updated the General FAQ page (which has been awhile), and added GBAToad, Superchao, and Meta Knight (sorry 'bout the wait MK) to the list. We have a total of 15 members, which is really awesome to see!

Keiji Shinogi

do you ever yearn for the soft touch of a pancake
Former 'Shroom Staff
i wish i could type something longer but hot damn thank you all for considering and accepting my application. bmb has been trying to get me to fill one out for like a year lol

i honestly wish i was joining in a time where i could easily host another game, but unfortunately with uni starting again in a week, probably not. I will still try to remain active in the boards and guild, and hopefully achieve what i said i would in my application by the end of the year

y'all need to host more mafias, make em smaller and make em good and this board's activity will flourish again imo

anyway once again thank you :ashley:

Keiji Shinogi

do you ever yearn for the soft touch of a pancake
Former 'Shroom Staff
Kirstie Maldonado said:
i-is... is that you, GBAToad...?

or i-is that....

T H E B A B Y?!

Congrats, man <333
did u say

BABY

THEBABYTHEBABYTHEBABYTHEBABYTHEBABYTHEBABYTHEBABYTHEBABY

BABYBABYBABYBABY

THE BABY
H B
E A
B B
A E
B H
YBABEHT

T H E B A B Y
BABY

<3

Meta Knight

Victory is my destiny
Former 'Shroom Staff
Lets be honest GBA, everyone wanted you in ages before you actually sent in an application lol

Congrats anyhow!