Why can't 'Shroom writers have glowing names?

Post-Damage Invincibility

LET ME COME BACK TO THE 'SHROOM!
Banned User
They are doing something special and deserve a little recognition. On the forums they should have glowing names and special rank titles, shouldn't they? Everyone else does! Would this take a proposal, or can the mods just give them it?
EDIT: And by glowing should I have said name of a different color with the special title 'Shroom Writer on their profile?

Stooben Rooben

Star Spirit
Chat Administrator
Retired Wiki Staff
Colored names and non-yellow stars are pretty much only used to signify a figure of authority in one part of the community or the other.

Red? Mods of this forum. Goes without saying why they're an authority figure.

Same with wiki admins being green.

Chat Ops are aqua because they represent a symbol of authority in #mwchat.

'Shroom Core Staff are orange because they are the ones who decide what sections make it into The 'Shroom, are the ones who organize the issues for release, are the ones who hire and fire writers, and because they can answer any 'Shroom related questions since they know the ins-and-outs of how the project is to be run.

Awards Committee members are purple because they symbolize people that are organizing awards, events, and everything else that keeps the annual show going. If someone has a question about something to do with the awards, they are the ones who can answer it. (Most specifically, Turb, the Director, but the rest of the members can answer basic questions that normal members would not know the answer to.)

Scorpion King, while looking silly with 99 stars, is kind of a legitimate group that signifies someone who was once In Charge of the Forum. Former head mods have pretty much the same amount of knowledge as current mods, so we can technically be approached if someone has a question too.

I believe the only exceptions to the colored name/stars rule are two joke membergroups: "A Person" (which only has two...very inactive members in it), and "hOnk", which was given to people who had Homestuck-themed profiles when that was a huge thing on this forum. And now that group isn't even used anymore.

I personally don't think regular 'Shroom writers should have colored stars for the simple reason that they are just simple contributors to that project, and not authority or helping figures. It would be like giving a regular wiki editor a special membergroup here just because they edit the wiki. I'm not putting down the importance or grandness of what The 'Shroom writers are providing to the project, but it hardly merits another special membergroup here.

Bop1996

Power Star
Retired Wiki Staff
Stooben said:
I personally don't think regular 'Shroom writers should have colored stars for the simple reason that they are just simple contributors to that project, and not authority or helping figures. It would be like giving a regular wiki editor a special membergroup here just because they edit the wiki. I'm not putting down the importance or grandness of what The 'Shroom writers are providing to the project, but it hardly merits another special membergroup here.
Per this.

ralphfan

Thank you based god
Plus with the amount of staff changes, it would have to be changed frequently.

Most of the special colors are part of membergroups that give access to a special board, and there isn't one for 'Shroom Writers, just the Core Staff.

ShyGuy27

The Cardinal is dead -- long live The Cardinal!
Stooben said:
Scorpion King, while looking silly with 99 stars, is kind of a legitimate group that signifies someone who was once In Charge of the Forum. Former head mods have pretty much the same amount of knowledge as current mods, so we can technically be approached if someone has a question too.
No that one was just me goofing off.

Stooben Rooben

Star Spirit
Chat Administrator
Retired Wiki Staff
shut up i'm trying to build an amazing argument here ;-;

But yeah, it's a joke group too, can't really deny that.

Post-Damage Invincibility

LET ME COME BACK TO THE 'SHROOM!
Banned User
Very well, point taken. I thought that the colored stars symbolized a special position, and not necessarily authority.