Meeting Schedules

Turboo

Shine Sprite
Wiki Administrator
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Brock approached me about changing the meeting schedule, as he could not make it to any Friday meetings for the rest of the year.

Before I take action, I would like to ask the committee if moving the meetings to a different day (I was considering Saturday, which should be good since it's a weekend) would interfere with any of their schedules. Should this mess up quite a few of them, I'll keep them on Fridays.

Pokemon DP

God I'm good at being an owl
Retired Wiki Staff
I don't like to be the stick in the mud, especially since I'm not really against shifting it to Saturday, but the 'Shroom releases a new issue every third Saturday of the month. Any core staff members who are part of the committee will likely not be able to attend the meeting, and the newsletter would probably lose a fair deal of traffic. If we do agree to shift meetings to Saturday, I would very much like every third week of the month to be on a different day to accommodate the 'Shroom.

Ernest Fine

Dreamboat
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Forum Mod
Retired Wiki Staff
Wait, how would it disrupt the 'Shroom?

Annie Eilenberg

Sera Island's #1 Alchemist
Forum Moderator
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
I would assume because the Shroom Staff would be working on releasing the issue.

I think that having it on Saturdays except for release dates and having it on Fridays for those weeks would be a good compromise.

ralphfan

Thank you based god
I have a job on most Saturdays between March 17 and early June.

In addition, I've noticed that not just with my family, but with a lot of people, if some weekend activity comes out of nowhere it's normally on a Saturday or Sunday, not a Friday.

Pyro

Power Star
Uh, I would be able to attend full meetings on Saturday, so I'm fine.

The only problem is Ralph's case, but I'm sure something could be worked out.

EDIT: Well, Diglett! I noticed Ralph isn't the director. Never mind that. I vote for Saturday meetings.

ShyGuy27

The Cardinal is dead -- long live The Cardinal!
I'm busy the 17th and 31st, and maybe April 28th. Otherwise it's all open as of now.

Mario4Ever

A price for everything.
Retired Wiki Staff
I'm okay with Saturday meetings.

Super Mario Bros.

Oh boy! Haha!
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
Friday meetings are the biggest hassle for me, so I definitely support making the meetings happen on Saturdays (save for the third Saturday of each month, as Dippy mentioned; I'm fine with meetings falling on Fridays then in order to prevent any potential conflicts with The 'Shroom's release schedule).

ralphfan

Thank you based god
So right now we Shyguy, NSM and I being more inclined to Fridays while Brock and SMB are big on Saturdays.

Stooben Rooben

Star Spirit
Chat Administrator
Retired Wiki Staff
I'm lucky if I get one Saturday off of work a month. Fridays I have off more frequently (including this week), so I'd prefer that personally. But I'm certainly not against moving meetings to Saturday if it'll mean more people can attend easily, or that they'll be there for longer periods of time.

Turboo

Shine Sprite
Wiki Administrator
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
just wanted to say i'll be keeping this week's meeting on friday no matter what, since it's going to be the third one of the month

Pokemon DP

God I'm good at being an owl
Retired Wiki Staff
So from what I can tell, the votes are two in support of Saturday, three in support of Friday, and nine who are fine with either.

Friday wins, I guess?

Brock

Credit to Mudkip
Chat Operator
Crocodile Dippy said:
So from what I can tell, the votes are two in support of Saturday, three in support of Friday, and nine who are fine with either.

Friday wins, I guess?
To clarify, I think Shyguy indicated that he was okay with the 24th, just not the 31st or the 28th. Ralph is definitly against saturdays, as he works on Saturdays. So is Stooben, because he also works. Anton is for saturdays, because he has class/works/something on Fridays, SMB is for saturdays because Fridays are inconvenient for him, Brock is for saturdays because he has lab late Friday nights.

Everyone else kind of didnt mind either way, is the impression I'm getting. If anything, it seems like either a tie. But I dont think my preference should count as much as Ralphs or Stoobens, since I'm not as involved in the committee as Ralph, and probably not as involved as Stooben is. If it helps SMB or Anton, maybe. If the date movement hurts more active members in order to allow a less active member like me to join, then that doesnt seem all that logical.

If anything, what this topic shows is that Friday is a hassel that prevents one or two people from showing up, while Saturday is just as bad, preventing one or two people from showing up.

If nothing else, it seems to just be a lateral move, which hurts just as many people as it helps. If it's a lateral move, I dont feel that justifies moving the day. If the meetings are moved from Friday to Saturday, I feel that, as a minimum requirement, it has to benefit more people than it hurts, and, as far as this topic seems to indicate, that isnt happening.

If it hurts just as much as it helps, then I guess I'd have to support Friday meetings, even if it means I cant attend. Maybe things will be different next year, but at this time, unless some other people step forward to speak up one way or the other, I dont think Saturday will be the best option this year.

I mean, if it works out, I'd be thrilled, but I dont want to just exchange one group of people who can never make a meeting for another group of the same number who can never make it to a meeting.

Turboo

Shine Sprite
Wiki Administrator
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
I'm going to keep the meetings on Fridays, then.

However, should a situation arise where a good amount of people are unable to attend on a certain Friday, I will move that meeting to a Saturday.

Turboo said:
I'm going to keep the meetings on Fridays, then.

However, should a situation arise where a good amount of people are unable to attend on a certain Friday, I will move that meeting to a Saturday.
I will tell you that I'm donating blood on Friday, so I might be out of it here and there.

ralphfan

Thank you based god
Congratulations!

Speaking of charitable events, we'll be holding the Child's Play fundraiser again, right?

Super Mario Bros.

Oh boy! Haha!
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
I would like to reopen the topic of meeting schedules.

Would it be possible to alternate every week between Fridays and Saturdays? It would be a little less disenfranchising in my opinion (as sort of a compromise option, since there is about the same amount of people that have a tough time attending Friday meetings as there are that have a tough time attending Saturday meetings).