A26 and A29 Discussion

What should we do with Favorite Paper Mario Partner and Favorite Place?

• Keep both

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Remove both

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Keep A26, but not A29

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keep A29, but not A26

Votes: 11 78.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Turboo

Shine Sprite
Wiki Administrator
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
During tonight's meeting, we encountered a bit of a problem with these two awards. Both sides offered good reasons (which can be found in this) for keeping and removing these, and we agreed to discuss them later on the forums. This poll will run for a week.

That's... actually all there is to post about this, unless someone else wants to build on my post.

ralphfan

Thank you based god
My thoughts...

A26 - First place hasn't been too close, but the other spots have. Plus, PM3DS could be soon.

A29 - Has gotten much closer year to year. Mushroom Kingdom only won by 3% last year.

Bop1996

Power Star
Retired Wiki Staff
From what I saw concerning A26, I say remove unless PM3DS comes out before the polls go up.

I'm abstaining from voting on A29 until I see more arguments for and against.

QuizmoManiac

a rhinestone cowboy
My argument is very generic, but it's my opinion anyway.
I think that A29 should stay, because there are many options and it has been pretty close in the last 2 years. A26 was pretty much a landslide every year. Yoshi Kid has never lost.

Marioguy1

Leo
Chat Administrator
Retired Wiki Staff
Detective Dick Gumshoe said:
My argument is very generic, but it's my opinion anyway.
I think that A29 should stay, because there are many options and it has been pretty close in the last 2 years. A26 was pretty much a landslide every year. Yoshi Kid has never lost.
I agree with this tbh

If one has to be removed, I'd go for the one that is the least random.

If PM3DS comes out, maybe we could balance out the voting by making it Favourite Pm3DS Partner - or we could keep it as is. But only if PM3DS comes out.

ralphfan

Thank you based god
I was thinking if PM3DS comes out we just review PM Partner, switch out a couple and add in some 3DS partners.

Stooben Rooben

Star Spirit
Chat Administrator
Retired Wiki Staff
I think A26 should be scrapped this year unless PM3DS comes out early enough for the polls. The results are predictable, and there's not been a new Paper Mario game for a very, very long time.

A29 kinda seems like a major awards to me. Although Mushroom Kingdom has won every[?] year, the results have gotten closer and closer each year. Maybe the nominees could use some tweaks (doesn't the Mushroom Kingdom encompass several different areas in games? including Rogueport?), but I think this one is good enough to stay.

Raven Effect

That's what I call hamburgers
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
Stooben said:
A29 kinda seems like a major awards to me. Although Mushroom Kingdom has won every[?] year, the results have gotten closer and closer each year. Maybe the nominees could use some tweaks (doesn't the Mushroom Kingdom encompass several different areas in games? including Rogueport?), but I think this one is good enough to stay.
Yeah Mushroom Kingdom has won every year it's always been close but still

Not to judge to Nintendo critically, but they seem to have two seasons for releasing their own games: Fall and Spring. It would be rather surprising if they - who has released only ounce of information, release it after E3 and before July.

Chances are, we won't see the game till near Christmas season.

Tyrell Badd

"The hated boss who beats you down..."
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Forum Mod
Retired Wiki Staff
Oh, well, I guess I'm the only one supporting removing both.

A26 is pretty obvious. It's been Yoshi Kid for the past forever and I think we pretty much know who the winner is. And I highly doubt Nintendo is going to release PM3DS any time soon, nonetheless by July 1st. When was the last time we heard news of it?

A29 has always been Mushroom Kingdom. Plain and simple.
"Oh I got an 89% on my test, that's so close to an A." But no, it's still a B and Mushroom Kingdom has won all four years. Yes, percentage does matter, but in the end most people will know it got 1st place, not "1st place by 3%". And none of the past 3 Mario games have any locations worthy of the poll, in my opinion, although possibly MP9 because MP8's Star Carnival is one of the choices, I think.

Raven Effect

That's what I call hamburgers
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
Fi said:
Not to judge to Nintendo critically, but they seem to have two seasons for releasing their own games: Fall and Spring. It would be rather surprising if they - who has released only ounce of information, release it after E3 and before July.

Chances are, we won't see the game till near Christmas season.
Paper Mario 3DS is scheduled for Summer of 2012 in Europe now when in summer is a mystery so it would be better to ax A26 regardless of when it comes out unless it comes out before June of course

Marioguy1

Leo
Chat Administrator
Retired Wiki Staff
Gamefreak75 said:
A29 has always been Mushroom Kingdom. Plain and simple.
"Oh I got an 89% on my test, that's so close to an A." But no, it's still a B and Mushroom Kingdom has won all four years. Yes, percentage does matter, but in the end most people will know it got 1st place, not "1st place by 3%". And none of the past 3 Mario games have any locations worthy of the poll, in my opinion, although possibly MP9 because MP8's Star Carnival is one of the choices, I think.
I live in Canada, 89% is an A

We're not suggesting rerunning the poll with more options stuck on to try to outweigh the Mushroom Kingdom. We're suggesting finding out what part of the Mushroom Kingdom people like - Peach's Castle, Bowser's Castle, Rogueport? Locations don't have to be countries (I'll relate the Mushroom Kingdom to a country), they can also be provinces states, cities, even houses (like Mario's, for instance).

Propeller Toad

Dislikes the amount of neglect Toad receives...
Favourite Place should indeed stay as it is a prominent choice. As for the Favourite PM partner, I think it should be removed unless PM3DS is released before the polls are released. I'd like to see some more variety in the latter poll with new partners personally.

Turboo

Shine Sprite
Wiki Administrator
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
I doubt everyone's going to make a mad rush to vote for one of the other options an hour before the meeting, so I have locked the voting.

(If anyone REALLY wants to vote rush, just tell me and I'll unlock it)