General Discussion

Gamefreak75

"The hated boss who beats you down..."
Forum Moderator
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Retired Wiki Staff
It's that time of year again. Welcome to the MarioWiki's 6th Awards Ceremony where you vote for your favorites or least favorites. This year, we decided to do things differently, reducing Mario Awards by 5 and increasing Userpedia's by 5. We'll see how this change goes.

Committee Members:
*Turboo - Director
*SMB - Co-director
*Stooben
*Gamefreak75
*Ralphfan
*New Super Mario
*MrConcreteDonkey
*Smasher 101
*Hypnotoad
*Super-Yoshi
*Uniju
*Superchao
*Shyguy27
*MST3K
*QuizmoManiac
*Brock
*Toadbert101
*Master Crash
*SonicMario
*FireEevee
*Goomba's Shoe15
*Pyroguy6
*Propeller Toad
*Crocodile Dippy
*Bop1996
*Mario4Ever

Meetings will be held Friday at 8pm EST/5pm PST at #mwikiawards, the first one being finished today, on March 9th.

Discuss your opinions on the changes or any other awards related talk here.

Smasher

Smasher
Forum Moderator
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Re: General Dicussion

First!

Yay, the new board's up. I'm looking forward to seeing how this goes. and how hellish the meetings get

Raven Effect

That's what I call hamburgers
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
Re: General Dicussion

Smasher said:
First!

Yay, the new board's up. I'm looking forward to seeing how this goes. and how hellish the meetings get
I'll bring the popcorn and the guns were going to settle are differences like bad asses through duels

Hobbes

Star Spirit
Core 'Shroom Staff
Poll Committee
Retired Wiki Staff
Gamefreak75 said:
This year, we decided to do things differently, reducing Mario Awards by 5 and increasing Userpedia's by 5.
Well, that'll be rather interesting.

ralphfan

Thank you based god
One of the advantages of 25 Mario Awards is that we can rotate categories in and out year-to-year based on what games have been released. Plus we have the 15 Fail Awards.

Vinnie927

I've learned that no avatar is the best avatar.
This is gonna be fun, even without me in the committee (I don't care about that anymore)

Gamefreak75

"The hated boss who beats you down..."
Forum Moderator
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Retired Wiki Staff
Godot said:
Sharks Territory said:
You guys kinda forgot me on the list. :P
and me XP
Woah, my apologies. I must've not had enough blood circulating to my brain...

Only few people would get that joke though...

SKmarioman

King Bowser
I've read that Game tournaments aren't a definite 'yes' yet, but if we do this year how about we do Mario Kart 7? We can make a community for the tournament.

SKmarioman said:
I've read that Game tournaments aren't a definite 'yes' yet, but if we do this year how about we do Mario Kart 7? We can make a community for the tournament.
Yeah MK7 is pretty much confirmed. We're still discussing on things like a TF2 and SSBB Tourney

Raven Effect

That's what I call hamburgers
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
New Super Mario said:
SKmarioman said:
Yeah MK7 is pretty much confirmed. We're still discussing on things like a TF2 and SSBB Tourney
No Fi has confirmed that he's going to do a brawl tournament

Matlock said:
New Super Mario said:
SKmarioman said:
No Fi has confirmed that he's going to do a brawl tournament
Oh, alright. I'm not sure about TF2, but you can probably ask Shyguy or some Steam member about that

Dry-Petey

Gallade is awesome.
I'm going to miss it :( At least, I think I'll miss it.

QuizmoManiac

a rhinestone cowboy
Lily said:
A Terraria tornemant??
I'm not sure if we could do that. I suppose we could have more of a questing party that day, but the TF2 tourney is probably going to take most of the players away.

Pokemon DP

God I'm good at being an owl
Retired Wiki Staff
New Super Mario said:
Oh, alright. I'm not sure about TF2, but you can probably ask Shyguy or some Steam member about that
Stooben hosts the server we usually play on, so he'll probably organize that. Shyguy doesn't even like TF2 that much.

NSY

Celestial Guide
Lily said:
A Terraria tornemant??
Uh, I don't think they will be any non-Mario related tournemts.

We are a Mario wiki not a Team Fortress wiki.