Status
Not open for further replies.

Smasher

Smasher
Forum Moderator
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Someone decides to host a game and makes a thread for signups in the mafia board.
People can decide if they want to play or not, and if they do they will sign up using bold text.
When the host has enough signups, he PMs Marioguy1 to ask him to add in to the schedule.
The host then makes roles for everyone and sends them out sometime before the game starts.
The host should also make a quicktopic for the Mafia team.
Then when MG1 says the game can start, the host can make a new thread for the game itself.
Then the players...play.

That's the best I can explain it.

Bop1996

Power Star
Retired Wiki Staff
Not sure if you want info on how to play the game or how to get one started. Wikipedia has good info on how to play the game, tho, so that's probably the best resource for that type of info.

Tabuuownsall132x2

also I hang out here, I guess
Well, how do players kill and stuff without blowing their cover?

And I notice there's a lot of themed games- I'm guessing people also sign up with whatever character they're acting as?

Bop1996

Power Star
Retired Wiki Staff
Well, the mafia try to act as innocent as possible so they aren't suspected, but sometimes they are caught redhanded by a power role, so there's no avoiding a lynch.

Themed games are basically a way of basing the game off a popular work of fiction or something people will enjoy playing. The roles are based off characters or things from the work of fiction, and there's some stuff done to make the game tie in well with the theme. Of course, some themed games attract fans of the series that don't normally play mafia, so they do have some use. But no, you don't get to pick your character in themed games.

Smasher

Smasher
Forum Moderator
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Also, the best way to figure out how a Mafia works is to play a couple, in my opinion.

Tabuuownsall132x2

I get that you act innocent and stuff, but how do you kill people off? It's not like a guy could post *kills dude* in the thread...

Bop1996

Power Star
Retired Wiki Staff
There's a QuickTopic where the mafia come to agreement on who to kill, and the host reveals the death and the dead player's role.

Sharks Territory said:
Powers are sent in by PMing the host. You can also make alliances through PMs.
Or chat.

Mafia have to be sly, and they have an advantage because they know each other. Innocents have no clue who is whom and so it's a lot of blind stabs (literally). Powers is what balances - or for many cases, overpowers both sides - the sides so that there is an equal chance of winning.

It's gets more complicated as more features are added in, and many times you will be confused by what is happening, but it usually resolves a day or two later.

Nabber

Artisanal Cheese Taster
You can join my mafia for a start. Anyway, yeah, there are Quicktopics and PMs, but most of all you have to be goddamn active.

Mario4Ever

A price for everything.
Retired Wiki Staff
Even if you have no idea what the fuck you're doing, the best way to stay alive is to act like you do.

Bop1996

Power Star
Retired Wiki Staff
Mario4Ever said:
Even if you have no idea what the *bleep* you're doing, the best way to stay alive is to act like you do.
That is quite good advice given that I've seen a few random lynches lately based off whether people think that person will be a loss regardless of alignment.

Tabuuownsall132x2

Now, I have another question- will I have to worry about people playing dirty? Like, I don't mean cheating, but outright lying, manipulation, etcetera.

Don't Fear said:
Now, I have another question- will I have to worry about people playing dirty? Like, I don't mean cheating, but outright lying, manipulation, etcetera.
Sometimes, but it's all in fun of the game. It's not like people are gonna peeve you off or anything

Nabber

Artisanal Cheese Taster
Well, mafia of course will lie. You can expect that. Players may also try to cover things up but I don't think you have much manipulation to worry about.

Bop1996

Power Star
Retired Wiki Staff
Yes, deception will be employed, and frequently, so that's why you try to use logic to determine the validity of what people say instead of accepting everything at face value all the time.

I'm also very manipulative a lot of the time, but not with anything outside the game or anything.

Dr. Javelin

Nathan Latsk
Don't Fear said:
Of course. That's the whole point of the game.

The mafia wouldn't be very evil/tricksy if they couldn't lie and manipulate people.

Common manipulation methods are using abilities like the godfather, who is mafia but appears innocent to cops (people who check roles), to lead lynches on innocents.

It's difficult to explain, and you can't trust anyone unless they have rational evidence as to why they're innocent.

Viceroy Bubbles von Salamancer said:
Well, mafia of course will lie. You can expect that. Players may also try to cover things up but I don't think you have much manipulation to worry about.
Only from skilled mafia.

mwa hah hah hah ha

Nabber

Artisanal Cheese Taster
A website where you can discuss stuff. It's basically like a forum topic but private to only those who have the link.

Bop1996

Power Star
Retired Wiki Staff
It's a thread on www.quicktopic.com which is not able to be seen unless given the link in PM or query.

Smasher

Smasher
Forum Moderator
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
http://www.quicktopic.com/

They're used by the Mafia in almost every game to communicate and stuff. Sometimes it's used in other ways too. (like for masons)

Status
Not open for further replies.