About Ralphfan

Super Mario Bros.

Oh boy! Haha!
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
I would like to explain what has happened in the past day in regards to Ralphfan and whatnot.

There were a lot of things that led me to remove his access to Awards-related accounts and boards. He did not listen to majority decisions from his committee, and even threatened to various members in the IRC that he would purposefully "veto" certain majority decisions. He has consistently held an "I am in charge so I must know more than you", top-down, dictatorial attitude for the past month. He even went as far as to try and throw in personal matters into the situation in order to steer voting in his favor.

I, as well a a group of several other users, had decided that we should take temporary action. We removed Ralphfan's access to all Awards-related accounts and boards and worked out with him how we will move forward with the committee. What we agreed upon is to let the committee discuss what will happen with Ralphfan in relation to the Awards. We will thoroughly discuss this matter over the course of the next few days and come to a decision before Friday (which is when the meetings are to start). Ralphfan asked to be able to share a message for everybody to consider before we discuss this through:

Sharks Territory said:
Dear Awards Committee, 'Shroom Core Staff and United MarioWiki Administration,

I fucked this one up.

Over the past month, but especially within the past day, I've been a complete asshole and disrespected a whole lot of you guys. I was unhappy because I wasn't getting what I wanted, and as a result, I acted in an extremely immature manner that may very well cost me some rights that I worked very hard to earn. What I recently did may make all of those efforts worthless.

First of all, I didn't listen to people. I flat-out didn't listen. I never conducted the whole debate over the award categories very well because I turned a blind eye to the points some of you were making, and as a result, that often cause people to disregard my opinions. In the past few hours, I took that much further by trying to get people to side with me by using unsavory tactics. I said a lot of things to multiple users that I deeply regret. These were massive mistakes on my part.

Unfortunately, these actions also impact me as a 'Shroom Core Staff member. It's not the first time that my actions have reflected poorly on the rest of the Core Staff. You guys make a great team, and I don't remember the last time any of you did anything stupid. I can do much, much better and we can be an excellent team. You guys are a great team even without me in the equation, but I do hope I can continue on as a Core Staff member.

There are a lot of individuals I'd like to extend my apologies to, and I may be forgetting a few just because I can't see the board at the moment so I might not be able to recount every last piece of stupid bullshit I said. I know these individuals include, but may not be limited to, Turb; GF; Smasher; Dippy; Brock; BMB and SMB.

Moreover, I acted like a really pretentious assfuck along the way because I felt that my experience entitled me. It really doesn't. Everyone's opinions on this subject are important.

I can do much, much better than this. My recent actions are extremely uncharacteristic of me. I screwed up and then kept digging myself into a deeper and deeper hole. Since I had some problems on this site back in April 2010, I feel like I cleaned up my act awfully well until this point. You guys have seen me at my best and recently, at my worst. I can, and will, do much better than that.

I can and will do a much better job of representing myself as a member of The 'Shroom and of the Awards Committee should you guys reconsider and accept me. I can listen to people, make good decisions and be a much better leader. I seriously enjoy the positions I had attained. I really enjoyed the respect I had gained from the MarioWiki community.

To be honest with you, the Awards Committee is one of the few things I do this time of year. I don't get along extremely well with my family, and I don't have a ton of friends, and a lot of the friends I do have will be going off to college soon. I really enjoy being in the Awards process and I feel that I can be a good director if I don't make the mistakes I've been making.

With all of that in mind, I hope that you reconsider. I can and will do much, much better. It has become clear to me what my flaws are, and I can fix them. Should you accept me, I expect to be on a very short leash and will think through anything I am about to say before I say it.

If accepted, I would like to establish some sort of set of agreements between the Director and committee do that we can have a process for discussions so that we don't have this shitstorm happen again.

Thank you for reading this. Again, I am deeply sorry and I hope you can reconsider and we can work this all out.

-Ralph

Let us begin the discussion.

Well he does seem sorry. I'd like him to be on the team still, not saying he should direct it or not, but I think he has the right to still be on the team.

Raven Effect

That's what I call hamburgers
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
I think he should be given a second chance maybe not as a director but at least as a member of the committee

Smasher

Smasher
Forum Moderator
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
I definitely don't think he should still be the director, though I would be fine with letting him remain on the awards committee.

Brock

Credit to Mudkip
Chat Operator
From what I've talked to him last night, he seems like he still wants to help, but I think the stress of being director was getting to him. I think it would be good for him, and helpful for us, to have him back, but not as a director. He cares a lot about this, as everyone who has argued against him knows, and he does have the experience. He was showing last night that he can be more open to compromise. I think he can still be a good thing for the committee. Just maybe not as the director.

Mario4Ever

A price for everything.
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
I think it would be best to allow him to stay on the committee, though not as director. I would vote to keep him on as director, but I don't want the sort of drama present last night to be repeated over the course of the next few months. The last thing we need is for discussion to stall over trivial matters when we ultimately need progress and compromise.

Pokemon DP

God I'm good at being an owl
Retired Wiki Staff
I think he should skip on the director duties for this year - it would be best for both him and us if he didn't take on the stress of that for once - but denying him a role in the committee is just a massive dickmove.

Marioguy1

Leo
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
Having seen some of the things this committee has done already, I don't think we can say no to ralphfan rejoining. However he does seem to get a sort of power trip when put in positions of authority, so maybe we should avoid that sort of position for him.

Turboo

Shine Sprite
Wiki Administrator
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
i don't think he should be the director, but he can stay on the committee if he wants

Gamefreak75

"The hated boss who beats you down..."
Forum Moderator
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Retired Wiki Staff
Bring him back, but not as director.

I really don't blame Ralphfan for some things. I mean, yeah, he messed up big time, but he was too deep into his actions he really couldn't see is wrong. He is still responsible, but should be given another chance.

I think he shouldn't be director this year do he can recover from his actions, but still should be apart of this. He's very passionate about his works, and would hate to see him kicked out of one of his favorite events because of his big mistake. Even though he did say all that stuff...

Also, who will director or sub-director with Turb?

Turboo

Shine Sprite
Wiki Administrator
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
i have succeeded ralph as director (at least for now) and appointed smb as my sub-director.

Pokemon DP

God I'm good at being an owl
Retired Wiki Staff
16:44 Crocodile_Dippy salsa will you be a benevolent director
16:44 Salsa yes
16:44 Salsa free cats for all
16:44 Anton{Hypnotoad} !!!!!!!!!!!
16:44 Anton{Hypnotoad} Salsa/Fassad 2012
16:44 Crocodile_Dippy Holy shit, thanks Salsa. <3
change for the better

EctoBiologist

Best cat themed touhou. I love touhou and DR.
Banned User
I support bringing Ralphy back in the comitee but not as a director as well.

MrConcreteDonkey

Noisemaster
Forum Moderator
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
I'm in the same boat as the rest of these guys.

(and we're sinking fast because there's too many of us in the boat so heeelllpp)

Stooben Rooben

Star Spirit
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
I'd like to see Ralph stay on the committee. He's been a part of the AC for years now and can be very helpful. He hasn't done anything so bad where he should be kicked out of the committee, but I agree that he shouldn't be Director this year.

Propeller Toad

Dislikes the amount of neglect Toad receives...
I don't know whether my post will be needed considering that the majority agrees upon Ralph's placement on the team. I too would also want Ralphfan to be kept on the team (though in terms of leadership qualities I am unsure about). He was and still is a good member of the team from what I have seen.

Turboo

Shine Sprite
Wiki Administrator
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
so yeah i doubt we need a poll considering how every answer is basically the same

anyway, i'm going to close up voting (i.e. no one needs to post about it anymore since there's no poll) as everyone seems to think he should be added back