Eragon Mafia - Lounge: Game over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bop1996

Power Star
Retired Wiki Staff
Alright, so this is my first Mafia I plan on hosting. It will be part of a series of four Mafias, each based off a book of the Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini. It will have a unique feature that I don’t think has been used before (or at least not very much); certain scripted events will take place based off the characters in the roles. Scripted events will not be interrupted by anything except the death of their participants. This will be done to make it seem as if we’re progressing through the events of the books, but they will not appear in such a large quantity that it will interrupt normal gameplay.

I’ll take as many sign-ups as I can get, but the more players I get, the closer of an approximation of the events of the book I’ll have.

Host: Bop1996 (Magus) - Angela

1. CharizardLover (DragonFreak)
2. Pyro
3. Smasher
4. New Super Mario
5. Marioguy1
6. BMB (Fi)
7. Lily
8. Nabber (Viceroy Bubbles von Salamancer)
9. Villain11
10. FireEevee (uranianUmbreon)
11. Toad85 (Loganofan20)
12. Crackin355 (Monkey D. Luffy)
13. Lakituthequick
14. QuizmoManiac (Detective *bleep* Gumshoe)
15. Dr. Javelin

DragonFreak

Everything that drowns me makes me wanna fly!
Re: Eragon Mafia

I've always been meaning to do one of these Mafia things, but each time I want to join one, they have already started. But definitely count me in, and I'll read the rules on this thing and see if you guys play it any differently than I do.

Nabber

Artisanal Cheese Taster

Didn't like Eragon but why not.
But c'mon, he hasn't played Mafia for long and is starting one already?
I'm taking my time theists my mafia. I'll post sign-ups when I have all the role PMs worked out.

NSY

Celestial Guide

Never even herd of Eragon.

Bop1996

Power Star
Retired Wiki Staff

@Nabber: Most of the responsibilities the host has to fulfill aren't things that you have to gain by experience: if someone creates a game with creative roles and balanced gameplay, and keeps things updated well, that's most of the job right there, and that isn't an issue of experience so much as it is logistics and dedication. Given this game's unique quirks, I figured it'd be best to get an idea of how many people I have playing before carefully laying out every minute detail.

@NSY: It's a fantasy series with dragons and magic and elves and the like. It had a movie made a few years ago, although the hardcore fans of the series often refuse to acknowledge its existence...

NSY

Celestial Guide

Ok but I won't sign up for it unless sign ups go badly

Nabber

Artisanal Cheese Taster

@Boppy: Yes, but you still need experience (I mean, know the roles and how things work.) I still don't have that and so I'm not starting anything yet.

Bop1996

Power Star
Retired Wiki Staff

Well, I'm currently signed up for 9 Mafia games that will be completed before mine starts in all likelihood, so any experience necessary for the actual hosting process should come there.

Nabber

Artisanal Cheese Taster

Don't forget that you need to get the roles sorted out first.

DragonFreak

Everything that drowns me makes me wanna fly!

Lord Ghirahim said:
@NSY: It's a fantasy series with dragons and magic and elves and the like. It had a movie made a few years ago, although the hardcore fans of the series often refuse to acknowledge its existence...
What movie? There's not a movie. I would know if there was a movie worthy enough for the series.

Bop1996

Power Star
Retired Wiki Staff

GLaDOS said:
Don't forget that you need to get the roles sorted out first.
I know; I've got a plan, and it's under control.

CharizardLover said:
Lord Ghirahim said:
What movie? There's not a movie. I would know if there was a movie worthy enough for the series.
You're misquoting me; I never said anything about a movie; I didn't even know it existed...

Nabber

Artisanal Cheese Taster

CharizardLover said:
Bwahahahahahaha!

So here's a question: You've been in these before, right? Is most of the game going to use PM's?
Not really.

Bop1996

Power Star
Retired Wiki Staff

CharizardLover said:
Bwahahahahahaha!

So here's a question: You've been in these before, right? Is most of the game going to use PM's?
Yes, I've played before. PMs will be for nightroles and such, but day phases will be in the thread, just like most of the other games on this forum have been. Scripted events will be held solely through PM tho, and participants will be forbidden from revealing anything to do with those.

Bop1996

Power Star
Retired Wiki Staff

Dex Holder said:
Hey do we get free cookies if we sign up?
No, and oddly enough, there isn't any cool tavern or anything in Eragon either... You'd be more likely to get some venison or something here...

Status
Not open for further replies.