Such a n00b here....

Status
Not open for further replies.

WakerLuma

Celebi, the Time Traveller.
Could someone explain the Mafia thing? I haven't looked here long enough to understand. Best experience I could get is by joining one, probably....

NSY

Celestial Guide
We should have a topic showing them how to play it.

Gigaremo

Busy Hypnotising Pokemon
I could help make it, to make up for my lack of hosting one...

PokemonMaster

LETS START A NO AVATAR/SIG FAD.
Shiny Celebi said:
Could someone explain the Mafia thing? I haven't looked here long enough to understand. Best experience I could get is by joining one, probably....
Well you can replace Peachy in my Mario Party Mafia.
It goes like this.
The innocents are the main team but don't know who each other are so they may end up "killing" their teamates. They're goal is is to kill off the mafia. Mafia must disguise themselves as innocents for a easy win.

Mafia is the other party. Mafia goal is to kill the innocents to a certain number and they win. They have exclusive roles such as Yukaza which can turn an innocent into mafia but only once. Godfatjers can kill someone each night by PMing them who they wish to kill through a list.

Roleblockers can roleblock (prevent other users from using there powers that night.) a user by sending a list as well. Thge first one unprotected that night on the list is killed. Cops can see someone's allaince. Grannys can kill themselves to kill someone if they've visited them that night. Independent's roles are different each time.

Bombers can kill someone if they're killed. All roles are used at "night" by PMing the host.

Public Speakers are special they're vote counts twice. Hypnotists can change someone role usage that night and redirect it. They always specify the user's name.

Votes are used to kill off users by lynching them. You merely bold the name and vote saying Vote: (Insert name here) If one user has the most votes they die and it reveals they're role. Revivers can revive a dead person allowing them to vote and use roles again.

Doctors protect users from dying that night by specifying the person they would like to protect. Fools are independents who try to get themselves killed to win.

Inspired innocents are users who can inherit the role of an innocent who dies.

BTW, "killing" is just a way to stop users from voting and using roles. It doesn't truly mean death.
DO NOT copy and paste your role. You can role claim however. (Claim what your role is)

Gigaremo

Busy Hypnotising Pokemon
PokemonMaster said:
Shiny Celebi said:
Well you can replace Peachy in my Mario Party Mafia.
It goes like this.
The innocents are the main team but don't know who each other are so they may end up "killing" their teamates. They're goal is is to kill off the mafia. Mafia must disguise themselves as innocents for a easy win.

Mafia is the other party. Mafia goal is to kill the innocents to a certain number and they win. They have exclusive roles such as Yukaza which can turn an innocent into mafia but only once. Godfathers can kill someone each night by PMing them who they wish to kill through a list.

Roleblockers can roleblock (prevent other users from using there powers that night.) a user by sending a list as well. Thge first one unprotected that night on the list is killed.

Cops can see someone's alliance/role, usually both.

Grannies can kill themselves to kill someone if they've visited them that night. Independent's roles are different each time.

Bombers can kill someone if they're killed.

Public Speakers are special they're vote counts twice. Hypnotists can change someone role usage that night and redirect it. They always specify the user's name.

Votes are used to kill off users by lynching them. You merely bold the name and vote saying Vote: (Insert name here) If one user has the most votes they die and it reveals they're role. Revivers can revive a dead person allowing them to vote and use roles again.

Doctors protect users from dying that night by specifying the person they would like to protect. Fools are independents who try to get themselves killed to win.

Inspired innocents are users who can inherit the role of an innocent who dies.

BTW, "killing" is just a way to stop users from voting and using roles. It doesn't truly mean death.
DO NOT copy and paste your role. You can role claim however. (Claim what your role is)
Add this on and keep my grammar/spacing fixes and this is actually a somewhat good guide.

PHASES: Each game has phases. Phases are usually 24 real-time hours,but can sometimes be 48. Phases change at a certain time. There are normally 2 phases:
Day: Day is the phase when people (the majority of them are innocents) vote to kill off someone. The innocents almost always control the votes, simply because there are so many of them. Voting is usually used to kill the mafia, although the mafia can trick the innocents into killing themselves off.
Night: Night is when people can use their roles, the mafia can kill, etc. Mafia use their roles via something called Quicktopic; innocents use PMs.

Host: The host is the person who creates and runs the game. Hosts usually send out roles, then start the game when it gets to the top of the schedule. The host also keeps track of powers, etc. and makes the posts that say who has died when phases end.

Also, modkill and a few other terms would help....I'm going to start making Giga's Guide to mafia. Maybe I should host an "example mafia" as an example of a game.

Or someone else could do it.

EDIT: Never mind, that's what the guild is for. I may still host "example mafia" though.

Status
Not open for further replies.