Suggestions for Next Year

ralphfan

Thank you based god
Possibly go back to 50 awards. Attendance kinda dropped as the ceremony went on and it was tough to find presenters.

Gumball Machine

Celestial Guide
Ralph, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you tell MCS that anybody could vote for the awards?

Does that include guests on the Wiki? If it does, the voting privlige should probably only be given to actual users on the wiki. That might have been why people were unhappy with some of the results (i.e. Mario Party 8 being voted "Best Mario Party").

Marioguy1

Leo
Chat Administrator
Retired Wiki Staff
Raphael said:
Ralph, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you tell MCS that anybody could vote for the awards?

Does that include guests on the Wiki? If it does, the voting privlige should probably only be given to actual users on the wiki. That might have been why people were unhappy with some of the results (i.e. Mario Party 8 being voted "Best Mario Party").
That's not possible, besides, best reflects the popular opinion. Not just the opinion of the users, but also that of the guests.

Turboo

Shine Sprite
Wiki Administrator
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
like someone else said elsewhere, have strict quality policies for A30

Raven Effect

That's what I call hamburgers
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
Bring back the favorite Obscure game award it was a good award that gave a little publicity to little known games

Gumball Machine

Celestial Guide
Marioguy1 said:
Raphael said:

That's not possible, besides, best reflects the popular opinion. Not just the opinion of the users, but also that of the guests.
True that, but some guests are probably trolls who don't take it seriously and most likely "stuff the ballot box" just to mess with the users.

Also, can we give suggesstions for Award categories?

Marioguy1

Leo
Chat Administrator
Retired Wiki Staff
The awards will never be restricted to users. I can tell you that now, so please stop suggesting it >_>

And you can suggest anything, as long as it's plausible.

Super Mario Bros.

Oh boy! Haha!
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
terminallyCapricious said:
That was me in the Awards staff channel tonight.

We cannot have low-quality presentations close our ceremony. Make the quality policies for A30 stricter than for other Awards.

We cannot restrict the Awards to just the users. It will not happen.

Also, I stand completely against cutting down the amount of awards.

Raven Effect

That's what I call hamburgers
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
I like the old obscure video game award idea it's nice to give some publicity to little known games

Master Crash

The Dragon of the West
Chat Operator
Super Mario Bros. said:
terminallyCapricious said:
That was me in the Awards staff channel tonight.

We cannot have low-quality presentations close our ceremony. Make the quality policies for A30 stricter than for other Awards.

We cannot restrict the Awards to just the users. It will not happen.

Also, I stand completely against cutting down the amount of awards.
How about instead of getting their own presentations... Some of the "lesser" awards could just be squeezed into another presentation's post to shorten the ceremony's time?

I made this suggestion in the chatroom, but how about a "second place" award? Say next year you take a certain amount of nominations that placed in second this year and pit them against each other?