About: Mafia Hosts Guild

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Mario Bros.

Oh boy! Haha!
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
The purpose of this group is to provide Mafia Hosts a place to be able to discuss several ideas for games with each other, to ask for help, and to help enforce several global game policies to promote a good environment for other users' games to take place.

Membership of the Guild is restricted to those who meet the requirements laid out in the application form. Those who do not meet the requirements may not join. Those who do meet the requirements can apply, but as membership is not compulsory, a host doesn't necessarily have to join the Guild. Those hosts that do decide to join must submit an application and be approved by the members of the Guild (a few exceptions being those who were invited to join at the time of the group's creation).

The Guild may collectively decide how to punish a rule-breaker. If a user commits minor offenses in a game or two, then the host(s) of the game(s) may decide to kick the user out of their game(s). If a rule-breaker, however, is constantly breaking the rules of many games or commits major offenses (such as sabotaging a host's game), then the Guild can decide to blacklist that player from all Mafia games and remove their access to the Mafia board.

The members of the Guild will also agree upon and enforce a schedule for Mafia games, and will also review and either accept or deny ideas for Mafia games. This is to ensure that only good Mafia games are scheduled and so that the games scheduled will not all interfere with each other all at once. They can decide whether multiple games will run at once and also determine any changes in the schedule.



Here is the application form for those hosts who are interested in joining. The form must be filled out completely and be sent to the Mafia Hosts Guild Ambassador, Xzealia Exdementia, who will post your application up in the staff board for the members of the Guild to review.

Application Form said:
Please note that even if you meet the requirements mentioned in this application, the Mafia Hosts Guild still has the right to deny your application! When reviewing applications, we also consider your past actions in the community and if you're an overall good member and have the Mafia hosting skills that a Guild member should have. Thank you!

As a member of the Mafia Hosts Guild, one must generally abide by the rules laid out by the host in a game and the rules of the forum in general. Do you promise to uphold these values?

Members of the Guild must have participated in at least five Mafia games before joining, and must have participated in at least three different hosts' games. Please list all Mafia games on this forum that you have participated in and their respective host.


Members:

FAQ
Got any questions about this? Well, you can post your question in this topic, and any member of the Guild can answer your question. This post will also be edited to include your question and the answer to it so that everybody that reads this post will know the answer. Thank you!
 

Yoshiwaker

Star Spirit
So from what I understand, the Mafia Hosts Guild is essentially the moderators of the Mafia board, correct?
 

QuizmoManiac

a rhinestone cowboy
Yoshiwalker said:
From what I can tell...
Serious mafia just got more serious.
This whole thing seems really cool.
I wonder how many applicants the guild (I'm gonna call it that) will get.
 

Smasher

Smasher
Forum Moderator
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
twinArmageddons said:
Yoshiwalker said:
So from what I understand, the Mafia Hosts Guild is essentially the moderators of the Mafia board, correct?
The terrorizing of you guys is a pleasure limited only to me :)
:(

I'll send an application at some point. I still have to complete a requirement.
 

Yoshiwaker

Star Spirit
Read the first post -_-

EDIT:
twinArmageddons said:
Yoshiwalker said:
So from what I understand, the Mafia Hosts Guild is essentially the moderators of the Mafia board, correct?
The terrorizing of you guys is a pleasure limited only to me :)
Yeah. I think I understand a bit more now.

But a job like that sounds awesome.
 

Gigaremo

Busy Hypnotising Pokemon
I noticed this right after it was created.

I'm not going to apply for this yet. I want to host a mafia game (although this won't happen in the near future, as it is a lot of work) before I become a member of the Hosts' Guild.
 

Smasher

Smasher
Forum Moderator
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
-21 said:
I have to host a mafia game (although this won't happen in the near future, as it is a lot of work) before I become a member of the Hosts' Guild.
Fixed. (I heard hosting a game was a requirement)
 

Yoshiwaker

Star Spirit
turntechGodhead said:
-21 said:
I have to host a mafia game (although this won't happen in the near future, as it is a lot of work) before I become a member of the Hosts' Guild.
Fixed. (I heard hosting a game was a requirement)
I don't see why it wouldn't be, anyways.
 

Smasher

Smasher
Forum Moderator
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Yeah, it is the Mafia Hosts Guild, after all.
 

QuizmoManiac

a rhinestone cowboy
I have a question.
What is the system for electing new members of the Guild?
Is it a voting system?
 

QuizmoManiac

a rhinestone cowboy
Cool, I got in!
Also, highfive Yoshiwaker.
So, do I get fancy stars? :)
 

QuizmoManiac

a rhinestone cowboy
Villain11 said:
I think it's one of the bottom layer member groups, so honk will show instead. I'm not positive though.
Can a mod erase my honks then? :)
Also, are there any secrety threads I have access to now?
 

MrConcreteDonkey

Noisemaster
Forum Moderator
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
420 said:
Villain11 said:
I think it's one of the bottom layer member groups, so honk will show instead. I'm not positive though.
Can a mod erase my honks then? :)
Also, are there any secrety threads I have access to now?
There's just this board.
 

QuizmoManiac

a rhinestone cowboy
MrConcreteDonkey said:
420 said:
Villain11 said:
I think it's one of the bottom layer member groups, so honk will show instead. I'm not positive though.
Can a mod erase my honks then? :)
Also, are there any secrety threads I have access to now?
There's just this board.
No secret threads?
That sucks.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top