"Other" Votes

Status
Not open for further replies.

ralphfan

Thank you based god
Many of the polls for the Mario Awards have a category for "Other" votes that weren't selected as nominees. These votes are judged individually (spam votes are excluded while votes for something that actually fits the category is included). However' there are a few tricky ones. I have decided to ask you guys for some help in dealing with these.

Here is how the process will work:
1) I will list questionable votes in this post.
2) You can say whether or not to include them and why.
3) I will keep a running tally. This will remain open until polls are closed on July 13.

List:

A1: Favorite Soundtrack
Mario Kart Wii Opening Theme - Count as an MKWii vote or exclude?
MKWii: NSM, Smashy
Exclude: Ralphfan, 2257, GF75

A4: Favorite Platformer
Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3 - Count as its own game or SMB3? Same as A30. No need to vote twice.
Keep:
SMB3: Ralphfan, NSM, Smashy, 2257, GF75

Super Paper Mario - Again, the Platformer/RPG question.
Keep: Ralphfan, NSM, Smashy, 2257, GF75
Exclude:

A5: Favorite MK Course
DK Mountain (Wii version) - The Wii version is a bit different than the GameCube version.
Keep:
GCN version: Smashy, MG1, NSM, 2257, Ralphfan

A6: Favorite DK Game
Donkey Kong - You can't play as DK, he's the main enemy.
Keep: Smashy, 2257, Turb
Exclude: Ralphfan, GF75

Mario vs. DK March of the Minis/Minis March Again - Spinoff game?
Keep: 2257, MG1
Exclude: Ralphfan, Smashy, GF75

A9: Best Multiplayer Experience
Mario Kart Wii - Include as MK?
MK: Ralphfan, Smashy, 2257, GF75
Exclude:

A15: Hardest Boss
Bowser with Koopa Clown Car - He was only fought in the Koopa Clown Car in SMW, right?
Bowser (SMW): Ralphfan, NSM, Smashy, 2257, GF75
Exclude:

A17: Favorite MK Item
Triple Mushroom, Triple Green/Red Shell, Triple Banana - Include as main item or as a triple item?
Own Item:
Main Item: Ralphfan, NSM, Smashy, 2257, GF75

A25: Favorite Spinoff
Mario Kart (series), any other sports game - Was this award meant to include sports games? Same as A30.
Keep: Smashy, MG1
Exclude: Ralphfan, 2257, GF75

SSB/SSBM/SSBB/SSB (series) - Is this a spinoff or a crossover?
Spinoff: NSM, Smashy
Crossover: Ralphfan, 2257, MG1, GF75

A28: Favorite Mini-Boss
Octopot - He was from Yoshi's Island and Yoshi's Safari.
Keep: NSM, Smashy, 2257, GF75, Ralphfan
Exclude:

A29: Favorite Place
Any Galaxies - Outer Space or exclude?
Outer Space: MG1
Exclude: GF75
Include as their own: Ralphfan, 2257, Smashy, Turb

A30: Favorite Game
SSB, SSBM, SSBB - Not really Mario games. Same as A25. No need to vote twice.
Spinoff: NSM, Smashy
Crossover: Ralphfan, 2257, MG1, GF75

Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3 - Same as A4. No need to vote twice.
Keep:
SMB3: Ralphfan, NSM, Smashy, 2257, GF75

F7: Worst Enemy
Tiki - DK enemy.
Keep: Smashy, 2257, MG1, Ralphfan, GF75
Exclude:

U1: Favorite User Design
Uniju - We took him off of being a nominee for his actions. Same as U4.
Keep: NSM, Smashy, MG1
Exclude: Ralphfan, 2257, SMB, GF75

U4: Lifetime Achievement Award
Wayoshi - We took him off of being a nominee for his actions. Same as U1. No need to vote twice.
Keep: NSM, Smashy, MG1
Exclude: Ralphfan, 2257, SMB, GF75
 

ralphfan

Thank you based god
OK, the list is up. Please make your choices in your post and I will update the first post. Feel free to explain why.
 
A1: Favorite Soundtrack
-Count as Mario Kart Wii

A4: Favorite Platformer
1.SMB3
2.Keep

A6: Favorite DK Game
Not sure, I'm neutral

A15: Hardest Boss
Bowser (SMW

A17: Favorite MK Item
Main Item

A25: Favorite Spinoff
1.Again, Neutral
2. It could be both...... So Neutral


A28: Favorite Mini-Boss
Keep, it's still a boss

A30: Favorite Game
Exclude

U1: Favorite User Design
Keep
 

Smasher

Smasher
Forum Moderator
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
A1: Favorite Soundtrack
Count as Mario Kart Wii

A4: Favorite Platformer
1.SMB3
2.Keep

A6: Favorite DK Game
Keep

A15: Hardest Boss
Bowser (SMW)

A17: Favorite MK Item
Main Item

A25: Favorite Spinoff
1. Keep
2. Keep


A28: Favorite Mini-Boss
Keep

A30: Favorite Game
Keep

U1: Favorite User Design
Keep
 

2257

Star Spirit
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Retired Wiki Staff
A1: Favorite Soundtrack
Mario Kart Wii Opening Theme - Count as an MKWii vote or exclude?
exclude

A4: Favorite Platformer
Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3 - Count as its own game or SMB3? Same as A30. No need to vote twice.
smb3

Super Paper Mario - Again, the Platformer/RPG question.
keep

A6: Favorite DK Game
keep

A15: Hardest Boss
Bowser with Koopa Clown Car - He was only fought in the Koopa Clown Car in SMW, right?
wasn't he also in it in mario party 8 or something

whatever, keep

A17: Favorite MK Item
Triple Mushroom, Triple Red Shell - Include as main item or as a triple item?
main item

A25: Favorite Spinoff
Mario Kart (series) - Was this award meant to include sports games?
exclude

SSB/SSBM/SSBB/SSB (series) - Is this a spinoff or a crossover?
crossover

A28: Favorite Mini-Boss
Octopot - He was from Yoshi's Island.
keep (also he's from yoshi SAFARI)

A30: Favorite Game
SSB, SSBM, SSBB - Not really Mario games.
exclude

Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3 - Same as A4. No need to vote twice.
k

U1: Favorite User Design
Uniju - We took him off of being a nominee for his actions.
exclude
 

ralphfan

Thank you based god
My problem with including Uniju is that if we ban him from being a nominee, we should ban him altogether.
 

Turboo

Shine Sprite
Wiki Administrator
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
We didn't ban him as far as I know, we removed him from that award due to lack of votes.

Either way, I don't even want to make my own list, so just add all of 2257's votes a second time.
 

Smasher

Smasher
Forum Moderator
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
My votes on the new things:

A6: Favorite DK Game
Exclude

A9: Favorite Multiplayer Experience
MK

A29: Favorite Place
Outer Space

F7: Worst Enemy
Keep

F14: Worst Location
Exclude

Also if you put me back on the list as Smashy I will kill you

Edit: Why do you always do this.
 

2257

Star Spirit
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Retired Wiki Staff
A6: Favorite DK Game
Mario vs. DK March of the Minis/Minis March Again - Spinoff game?
keep

A9: Best Multiplayer Experience
Mario Kart Wii - Include as MK?
mk

A29: Favorite Place
Any Galaxies - Outer Space or exclude?
no. just include them

F7: Worst Enemy
Tiki - DK enemy.
keep

F14: Worst Location
Various MK Courses - Only in spinoffs.

F14. Worst Location

The Waterfall
Corona Mountain
Flipside/Flopside
Banshee Boardwalk
Star Carnival
Subcon
 

Tyrell Badd

"The hated boss who beats you down..."
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Forum Mod
Retired Wiki Staff
A1: Favorite Soundtrack
Mario Kart Wii Opening Theme - Count as an MKWii vote or exclude?

EXCLUDE


A4: Favorite Platformer
Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3 - Count as its own game or SMB3? Same as A30. No need to vote twice.

SMB3


Super Paper Mario - Again, the Platformer/RPG question.

KEEP


A6: Favorite DK Game
Donkey Kong - You can't play as DK, he's the main enemy.

EXCLUDE


Mario vs. DK March of the Minis/Minis March Again - Spinoff game?

EXCLUDE


A9: Best Multiplayer Experience
Mario Kart Wii - Include as MK?

INCLUDE


A15: Hardest Boss
Bowser with Koopa Clown Car - He was only fought in the Koopa Clown Car in SMW, right?

BOWSER


A17: Favorite MK Item
Triple Mushroom, Triple Green/Red Shell, Triple Banana - Include as main item or as a triple item?

MAIN ITEM


A25: Favorite Spinoff
Mario Kart (series), any other sports game - Was this award meant to include sports games? Same as A30.

EXCLUDE


SSB/SSBM/SSBB/SSB (series) - Is this a spinoff or a crossover?

CROSSOVER


A28: Favorite Mini-Boss
Octopot - He was from Yoshi's Island and Yoshi's Safari.

KEEP


A29: Favorite Place
Any Galaxies - Outer Space or exclude?

EXCLUDE


A30: Favorite Game
SSB, SSBM, SSBB - Not really Mario games. Same as A25. No need to vote twice.

CROSSOVER


Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3 - Same as A4. No need to vote twice.

SMB3


F7: Worst Enemy
Tiki - DK enemy.

INCLUDE


U1: Favorite User Design
Uniju - We took him off of being a nominee for his actions.

EXCLUDE, also for the fact that he got little votes last year
 

2257

Star Spirit
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Retired Wiki Staff
Brick Tamland said:
A29: Favorite Place
Any Galaxies - Outer Space or exclude?
Outer Space: Smashy, 2257
Exclude: Ralphfan
Um, no? This isn't what I said at all. Outer Space is huge and covers a lot of diverse locations. Folding every single galaxy into "outer space" when most of them have little or no thematic connection to space makes no sense.

Bubble Breeze Galaxy, for example, is a very small region of a large planet. You never leave the surface of the planet, and space plays no role in the setting aside from sitting up in the sky, where you can't even see it because of the atmosphere. If you consider that "outer space", you might as well classify the entire Mushroom Kingdom as part of "outer space", because it's in the exact same situation.
 

Super Mario Bros.

Oh boy! Haha!
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
Brick Tamland said:
U1: Favorite User Design
Uniju - We took him off of being a nominee for his actions.
Keep: NSM, Smashy, MG1
Exclude: Ralphfan, 2257
I vote to exclude Uniju on the basis that we removed him from the ceremony for his actions and also for the low amount of results he got last year.
 

Marioguy1

Leo
Chat Administrator
Retired Wiki Staff
Super Mario Bros. said:
Brick Tamland said:
U1: Favorite User Design
Uniju - We took him off of being a nominee for his actions.
Keep: NSM, Smashy, MG1
Exclude: Ralphfan, 2257
I vote to exclude Uniju on the basis that we removed him from the ceremony for his actions and also for the low amount of results he got last year.
I still strongly disagree with excluding Uni because we're angry at him.
 

Super Mario Bros.

Oh boy! Haha!
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
Prison Dog said:
Super Mario Bros. said:
Brick Tamland said:
U1: Favorite User Design
Uniju - We took him off of being a nominee for his actions.
Keep: NSM, Smashy, MG1
Exclude: Ralphfan, 2257
I vote to exclude Uniju on the basis that we removed him from the ceremony for his actions and also for the low amount of results he got last year.
I still strongly disagree with excluding Uni because we're angry at him.
It's not that: it's that he has dishonored the awards with not-so-excellent behavior (not to insult him, but it's true: it's even why he was banned from the forum and removed from the Awards Committee). Why should we honor him if he has done this?
 

Marioguy1

Leo
Chat Administrator
Retired Wiki Staff
Super Mario Bros. said:
Prison Dog said:
Super Mario Bros. said:
Brick Tamland said:
U1: Favorite User Design
Uniju - We took him off of being a nominee for his actions.
Keep: NSM, Smashy, MG1
Exclude: Ralphfan, 2257
I vote to exclude Uniju on the basis that we removed him from the ceremony for his actions and also for the low amount of results he got last year.
I still strongly disagree with excluding Uni because we're angry at him.
It's not that: it's that he has dishonored the awards with not-so-excellent behavior (not to insult him, but it's true: it's even why he was banned from the forum and removed from the Awards Committee). Why should we honor him if he has done this?
We're not honouring him. I didn't vote for him, I don't think anybody else here did.

But whoever did obviously doesn't share our opinion of him (there's no proof he voted for himself either). We can't just exclude someone else's opinion because we don't like him.
 

Smasher

Smasher
Forum Moderator
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Prison Dog said:
Super Mario Bros. said:
Prison Dog said:
Super Mario Bros. said:
Brick Tamland said:
U1: Favorite User Design
Uniju - We took him off of being a nominee for his actions.
Keep: NSM, Smashy, MG1
Exclude: Ralphfan, 2257
I vote to exclude Uniju on the basis that we removed him from the ceremony for his actions and also for the low amount of results he got last year.
I still strongly disagree with excluding Uni because we're angry at him.
It's not that: it's that he has dishonored the awards with not-so-excellent behavior (not to insult him, but it's true: it's even why he was banned from the forum and removed from the Awards Committee). Why should we honor him if he has done this?
We're not honouring him. I didn't vote for him, I don't think anybody else here did.

But whoever did obviously doesn't share our opinion of him (there's no proof he voted for himself either). We can't just exclude someone else's opinion because we don't like him.
MG1 took the words right out of my mouth.
 

Super Mario Bros.

Oh boy! Haha!
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
You're actually assuming I don't like Uni, which is not the case. I don't hate him, and actually consider him a sort-of-friend, but I just don't really feel that he should be given an award for something when he has done something wrong (and actually never came back and owned up to doing something wrong, either).
 

Super Mario Bros.

Oh boy! Haha!
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
Well, just drop my opinion. I really don't have much more to say to justify it, and I honestly don't care much either way this goes.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top