Villain's suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Mario Bros.

Oh boy! Haha!
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
Villain said:
I think it would be cool if we had mafia awards.

Some categories could be:
Best/Worst Game
Best/Worst Host
Best/Worst Player
Best/Worst Mafia Team
Best/Worst Role
Best/Worst Fake Roleclaim
Best/Worst Third Party/Faction
Best/Worst Theme

I think it would be really cool. And mafia players could vote on the winners.
No, I'm most certainly not suggesting that we plan this out or anything or that we host it for our show.

What I'm thinking, however, is what if we let another group of Mafia players (or hosts... I don't know) try to plan this out and possibly hold their own ceremonies before (or after) all of our planned ceremonies in conjunction with the Anniversary? From what I gather, they wouldn't need to hold polls since they are targeting the Mafia players only (which would probably mean sending in votes via PM or whatever), so the collecting of votes would not interfere with our 60 polls we're having up. They would be responsible for creating or collecting their own scripts, and if all goes well, then it could attract more people to our ceremonies.

Of course, this doesn't have to be the case. I don't care whichever way we go on this, but it sounds like an interesting idea that could have benefits and so I felt it necessary to bring this up.

ralphfan

Thank you based god
Re: Villain's sugestion

I feel this is something that will be best if one person runs it and collects votes and runs the show. Obviously it won't be part of our show. We can't go beyond 60.

Super Mario Bros.

Oh boy! Haha!
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff

Well, I was thinking perhaps have a separate committee of Mafia hosts that plan the awards and stuff (that could also be used for other things regarding Mafia policy and stuff I guess) and have several of the hosts receive the results (to ensure that there is no tampering of the results and such). All hosts would be invited to join the committee/board, but they would not be obligated to join. I know this idea branches out a bit beyond the original idea that Villain stated and a bit beyond the concept of Mafia awards in general, but I also just had this thought myself and am posting for the first time.

In regards to the ceremony, perhaps the Mafia Awards could be held a day before/after the awards amongst the Mafia players and observers. In which board, I don't know. Perhaps the Awards board if we make it clear to the other committee or whoever runs that ceremony that it is not directly tied to the ceremonies but is just so that they have a place for their ceremonies. That way, it could also be a sort of compliment to the anniversary festivities, but it wouldn't directly interfere with our Awards attendance or festivities.

Garlic Man

Name-change free since 2018

When the hell did Villain say his idea was meant as part of the Mario awards show?

ralphfan

Thank you based god

1) Yes, Garlic. Good point.
2) SMB, it would be completely separate. We can't handle any more.

Super Mario Bros.

Oh boy! Haha!
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff

Garlic: I never said that he did. I was simply bringing up an idea I had that is sightly in conjunction with his.

Ralph: Alright, understood.

ralphfan

Thank you based god
It would be fun, but not as part of the Mario Awards. It can be a separate thing. We can't go past 60 awards.

Status
Not open for further replies.