Members for 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

ralphfan

Thank you based god
Well, we need to decide on people to invite. I have asked all of last year's members (except Uniju) if they would like to return. Here is their status:

Me - Yes
SMB - Yes
MG1 - Yes
Fawfulfury65 - No
Tehchomps - Yes
SonicMario - Yes
RAP -
Wayoshi -
Edofenrir - No
Stooben - No
Tucayo - No
Gamefreak75 - Yes
Uniju - No

Please give all people who reply "Yes" the Awards Committee membergroup and access to this board.

As you can see, we will have a few holes to fill. I would like to hear suggestions on who to invite (we will invite people to try to fill up spots and if those people can't do it, we'll open it up to everyone. I have a few ideas:

MST3K
Aldo
BMB
MCD (only problem for him is meetings are at 1 am his time)
Mason

I'd like feedback on the members I suggested.

Tyrell Badd

"The hated boss who beats you down..."
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Forum Mod
Retired Wiki Staff
I think they'll be good.

I doubt Wayoshi would join, and RAP seems to have disappeared.

Super Mario Bros.

Oh boy! Haha!
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
Sharks Territory said:
MST3K
Aldo
BMB
MCD (only problem for him is meetings are at 1 am his time)
Mason

I'd like feedback on the members I suggested.
MST3K is good, but he might not attend chat meetings (considering he forgets the chat even exists at times). But if worse comes to worse, he could always just give input on the forum (seeing as we have people, such as Smiley, who aren't on the committee and more than make up for the missing committee members with the amount of effort they put in).

2257 is always on chat, and he's actively checking the forums. I have no concern towards him becoming a committee member, so he should be one of the first to ask when we start looking into filling in vacant spots.

Aldo is active on chat, but I don't see him around the forum too often. So Aldo's situation is kind of like MST3K's, but vice versa (if what I am saying makes sense).

I don't know if BMB frequents chat a lot, since I'm almost always never in #mwchat. It seems that #mwchat is where he is found, so somebody who is in there a lot would have to tell me about his chat activity. He is active on the forum, though.

With MCD, the one issue with him is exactly what you mentioned: the fact that meetings are not exactly as easy for him to access as much as for you and me. I see him on the forum often as well.

I see Mason on chat for UP meetings, so he at least comes on at a weekly basis. He's obviously active on the forum. He might be in there with 22 as a "definitely ask when we need to fill in vacant spots" candidate.

And yeah, I know I didn't express support or opposition to 3K, Aldo, BMB, and MCD. This is pretty much because I'd like to hear some input from you on this issue, Ralph:

Obviously, the preference would be that our members are pretty active on both chat and the forums. But do you feel committee members can operate in this staff properly if they are only active on either chat or the forums? Some of the members here on the forum are crazily active and responsible, yet they are not on chat. Some members are extremely active and responsible in chat, yet are not to be found on the forum.

Some non-AC members can pick up for those who are not active in the chat meetings (as mentioned above), and some can pick up in the public board for those not active on this forum. In which cases, it would be fine (in my eyes) to allow such members into the committee. But once again, this really depends on how you see it and which direction you want to go.

adiosToreador said:
I doubt Wayoshi would join, and RAP seems to have disappeared.
I share the same opinion on Wayoshi as you. However, RAP is mostly active on the NIWA forums. If you were to invite him back on to the committee, it would probably be best to ask him via PM on their forums.

ralphfan

Thank you based god
I can contact Wayo via YouTube, and Aldo can check the forums if he has to.

I have other ideas:
Toadbert
Turb
Garlic

Garlic rarely chats, and the other two are seen on the forums from time to time.

Super Mario Bros.

Oh boy! Haha!
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
United States of America said:
But do you feel committee members can operate in this staff properly if they are only active on either chat or the forums?
I would like more of an answer to this than anything, please. It's important to know this.

Sharks Territory said:
I can contact Wayo via YouTube, and Aldo can check the forums if he has to.

I have other ideas:
Toadbert
Turb
Garlic

Garlic rarely chats, and the other two are seen on the forums from time to time.
Now that you mention that, I do remember that Aldo does check the forum when asked and when he needs to, so I can say yes to his joining the committee.

Garlic is a "maybe." I'm inclined to say "yes" about Toadbert101 and Turboo.

Tyrell Badd

Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Forum Mod
Retired Wiki Staff
I'm a little iffy on Garlic, but I agree with having Turb and Toadbert.

ralphfan

Thank you based god
What about Bean and/or Plumber?

EDIT: Tehchomps has confirmed his return to the committee. Please give him access to the board and the AC membergroup.

Super Mario Bros.

Oh boy! Haha!
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
Sharks Territory said:
What about Bean and/or Plumber?
Bean, perhaps. Plumber is really inactive, though. He's not on chat unless you ask Bean to get him on, and he spontaneously checks the forum. There are people who are more active that would probably be more proactive than him, so I'm not sure. Besides that, he would be good.

Also,
United States of America said:
But do you feel committee members can operate in this staff properly if they are only active on either chat or the forums?
?

ralphfan

Thank you based god
You do make a good point there. But as long as they are active enough in the AC board and on Friday nights in #mwikiawards, it wouldn't be a problem. I don't think Plumber would be able to, but I think Bean could.

Super Mario Bros.

Oh boy! Haha!
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
Sharks Territory said:
You do make a good point there. But as long as they are active enough in the AC board and on Friday nights in #mwikiawards, it wouldn't be a problem. I don't think Plumber would be able to, but I think Bean could.
Well, perhaps. But we should probably consider our more active users first. I wouldn't be opposed to Plumber or Bean, but we shouldn't consider them ahead of, let's say, Aldo. He's more active in the community and just as trustworthy, therefore he'd be a better candidate for committee membership, no?

ralphfan

Thank you based god
I agree. Could you please give Chompy access?

Also, in case the Anniversary page on the Wiki hasn't been unprotected and re-added to the sidebar, could you please do so?

Super Mario Bros.

Oh boy! Haha!
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
Sharks Territory said:
I agree. Could you please give Chompy access?

Also, in case the Anniversary page on the Wiki hasn't been unprotected and re-added to the sidebar, could you please do so?
I will right now. To both. :P

ralphfan

Thank you based god
We don't have one yet.

Fawfulfury has confirmed she is too busy to attend meetings and will not be an AC member this year.

Super Mario Bros.

Oh boy! Haha!
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
Sharks Territory said:
We don't have one yet.

Fawfulfury has confirmed she is too busy to attend meetings and will not be an AC member this year.
Okay.

And aw man. :( Well, there's another spot we have to fill.

Tyrell Badd

Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Forum Mod
Retired Wiki Staff
Hmm, so we're down four members from last year (uniju, Edo, FF65, and Tucayo).

Should we start pestering people now?

Super Mario Bros.

Oh boy! Haha!
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
I don't think we should until everybody responds (or until a reasonable amount of time passes and the person doesn't respond, so that we can count them out). Then we could perhaps consider just exactly who we need to fill in the slots.

ralphfan

Thank you based god
I'll write up an invitation letter so we can send it out. Is this list of recipients good:

Aldo
MCD
MST3K
Turb
Toadbert
BMB
Mason

I'd like to do it today since I'm going to be a bit busy this coming week.

Super Mario Bros.

Oh boy! Haha!
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
Sharks Territory said:
I'll write up an invitation letter so we can send it out. Is this list of recipients good:

Aldo
MCD
MST3K
Turb
Toadbert
BMB
Mason

I'd like to do it today since I'm going to be a bit busy this coming week.
Well, how do we know we need that many people? We shouldn't go getting somebody's hopes up in the case that the other former members accept their invitation.

ralphfan

Thank you based god
There's no reason we shouldn't have more than 13 members. We don't need a limit on the number of members.

Super Mario Bros.

Oh boy! Haha!
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
Sharks Territory said:
There's no reason we shouldn't have more than 13 members. We don't need a limit on the number of members.
Oh, well that's fine then. I don't want a limit of members either, so okay. :P We just have a minimum goal of 13 members, right?

Tyrell Badd

Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Forum Mod
Retired Wiki Staff
I was just about to suggest that maybe we could expand the committee.

ralphfan

Thank you based god
I think 11 would be the bare minimum, and 13 would be an OK number. I'd prefer to have an odd number of members.

Status
Not open for further replies.