Mafia All-Star Game - THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

ralphfan

Thank you based god
Rules

1. This game will be played in real time, in forty-eight hour increments. Day is the period of time where players vote and send in special power lists. Execution occurs as soon as Day ends, and it is then that whatever player has the majority of the votes on them is executed. Night occurs immediately after execution. Night is the period of time in which evil teams attack players, and it is also when most special powers are activated. The next Day starts immediately after Night.

2. Day will end at 10:00 pm Eastern unless stated otherwise. Vote and send in messages to me before that time.

3. Some players have special powers that are detailed on their role sheet. In order to use a special power, a PM must be sent to me before the end of Day that fulfills the conditions detailed in your role. Also, please specify the name of the special power you are using in the PM. Special powers do not disappear over time unless stated, and do not have a limit of use unless stated.

4. A player may not, under any circumstances, directly quote their role PM in any way. They may tell other players their role and powers if they wish, however directly quoting text from their role PM is not allowed in PMs or in the game thread itself. They may not create fake role PM quotes, either. This also means no directly quoting the host. Players are also not allowed to directly quote any messages (PM, IM or otherwise) they’ve exchanged with other players of the game that pertain to the game.

5. Once a player is dead, they may not reveal any information about the game that was not known publicly before their death. No exceptions. Dead players must also keep their posts in the Lounge thread. Likewise, living players are not allowed to post in the Lounge thread until the end of the game.

6. Players may not impersonate the host or other players in any way. (This is due to the possibility of unfair extortion of information.)

7. Players are expected to participate in the game. If a player has not shown any activity for a couple of days, I may end up replacing or modkilling them. Inactive players can make the game less fun for everyone.

8. Failure to follow these rules may result in penalties or complete disqualification. Cheating will result in immediate removal from the game and a blacklisting for my future games.

9. If you are on a side that is going to win the game at the end of a phase, don't announce it. People with killing roles can mess things up for you, and everyone will know your role then.

10. Do not change your name during this game. If you change your username during this game, you will be modkilled and replaced. I am not kidding.

11. Please, take this game seriously and put in some effort. Don't just randomly vote for someone, please apply thought and common sense and be strategic.

12. You can vote "no lynch," but if there is a tie in votes between no lynch and a player, the player dies.

Players:
1. Mijzelffan -- Shot; Night 3; Miner Doctor
2. Villain11 -- Lynched; Day 3; Rival Leader
3. ChaosNinji (λ-11) -- Lynched; Day 2; Normal Miner
4. Stooben Rooben (Stooben) -- Normal Miner
5. MrConcreteDonkey (Grand Wheelie) -- Shot; Night 3; Normal Miner
6. Marcelagus (President Iwata) -- Rival Roleblocker
7. Gamefreak75 (adiosToreador) -- Shot; Night 2; Normal Miner
8. Xzealio (Xzealio Exdementia) -- Shot; Night 1; Miner Cop

It is now Night 0. Day 1 will begin tomorrow.

NOW DON'T CHANGE YOUR NAME

Devils Advocate

And I still haven't found, what I'm looking for.
Re: Mafia All-Star Game Thread - Night 0

If I didn't like my user name, I would change it to Xzealio just becatuse, but it's the thought that counts.

ralphfan

Thank you based god

Oh yeah, one other thing...

You can vote for no lynch, but if there is a tie between no lynch and a person, no lynch loses.

Devils Advocate

Atlas said:
NOW DON'T CATNGE YOUR NAME
I've no intention of following this.
This is the only mafia game I wouldn't think would need that rule because there is only 8 people, so it is easier to keep track of.

Garlic Man

Name-change free since 2018

Xzealio Exdementia said:
This is the only mafia game I wouldn't think would need that rule because there is only 8 people, so it is easier to keep track of.
Basically what I was thinking too.

Role get.

edit: I just realized I already confirmed in the lounge, whatever.

ralphfan

Thank you based god

Villain11 said:
Everyone confirmed...
I was away. Day 1 will begin mid-day tomorrow and will end Tuesday night.

Ernest Fine

Dreamboat
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Forum Mod
Retired Wiki Staff

I'm gonna miss Day 1, then.

I'll be back Night 1, hopefully.

I might use my phone to get to the internet.

ralphfan

Thank you based god

Repeat: Phases will be 48 hours. The Night post will come along with the end of day.

Example:

Day 1 starts today. It ends Tuesday.
Day 2 lasts from Tuesday to Thursday.
Repeat.

Garlic Man

So when does Day 1 start

ralphfan

Thank you based god
Re: Mafia All-Star Game - Day 1: Here we go </budlightadvertising>

Intro

Code:

TIME: 17:00 PACIFIC STANDARD TIME, FEBRUARY 20, 2011
Of all the places where someone would ever be murdered, one of the last places a person would think of would be Mountain Pass, a tiny unincorporated mining community in the mountains of the Mojave Desert in southeast California. But yet, people were dropping like flies. A few months ago, our population was at 30 people who worked in the rare earth mine. However, as the days to Halloween trickled away, two of the miners became very sick and died on Halloween. A couple weeks later, another miner went missing, only to be found weeks later, strangled in one of the caves in the mine. In the days around Thanksgiving, another two miners took ill and died of respiratory problems. In early December, three more miners had been stabbed to death, and on Christmas Eve, one was found in the mountains after dying from a gunshot wound. Three days later, two more were founded dead in a mine after head injuries, and on New Year's Eve, when the remaining miners went to Las Vegas to celebrate, another two miners were drowned in a hotel pool. January was even worse. On the third day of the year, a miner fell out of a window to his death, and two more died on the fifth after being shot. Still, there was never any trace of the murder. Over the next few weeks, five more miners were killed by various methods, leaving just nine in the town. Unless something was done, the town would soon be gone. As the foreman, I decided to take charge.

As the sun set over the desert and another cold winter night began, I assembled the townspeople together in my living room. I spoke, "when two of our colleagues took ill and died, it was a tragedy. Since then, though, another nineteen have died, and someone is behind all of this. But who, and why?" Villain said, "maybe it's miners from another company, sent here to take our minerals." The townspeople nodded in agreement. I said, "well, we can't just sit here and let them do this to us. I've been considering multiple methods to solve this problem. It appears the best solution is for the eight of you to vote for a person to kill each day. Hopefully, you'll make a good choice and we'll exterminate the rivals as quickly as possible. However, this could go horribly wrong. Remember to make a good vote and hopefully, things will be back to normal soon."

It is now Day 1. This phase will end on Tuesday night. Those of you with nightroles, be sure to send them before the end of the day.

we're seven and a half hours into the future oô

Villain11

Katniss <3

So who's the blind stab? Should we vote no lynch since every innocent really counts?

Stooben Rooben

Star Spirit
Chat Administrator
Retired Wiki Staff

Villain11 said:
So who's the blind stab? Should we vote no lynch since every innocent really counts?
If there are three Mafia (and five miners/innocents) in this game, then this would be the safest option. If we lynch an innocent on Day 1, and then the Mafia kills another on Night 1, the game will be over. o_o

But I'm going to assume that Ralph only put two Mafia (and six miners/innocents) in this game for the sake of fairness. That still doesn't give us much room to work with, so voting No Lynch might be the best choice unless we can get a really good lead.

Garlic Man

I have to agree with Stooben here.

The difference between there being 3 mafia and 2 mafia is huge, too. 3 means if two of us die before we kill one of them, they win. 2 means they have to kill 4 of us before we get one of them.

Assuming there are 2, I would actually say the odds are in our favor as long as we don't shoot ourselves in the foot by lynching innocents.

Devils Advocate

I cat

we mock

Ninji.

Mijzelffan

Looking forward to Odyssey!

I say we vote no one, and wait for the cop to check someone. With only 2 mafia in the game (because if it's 3 Ralph is stupid and then the innocents can as well forfeit immediatly), I don't think there would be a godfather, thus making all checks legit. In that case there would be a 2 in a 7 chance for the cop to catch mafia.

Anyway, that's why I say we vote: no lynch. Don't raise unless you know you have a good hand, you know? You can hope for the right cards to appear, but if the odds are against you, then it's best to just check instead.

Garlic Man

Well now that we've basically agreed that we won't lynch anybody for the moment, the best thing probably would be to think about who to check.

Thoughts?

Devils Advocate

I highly doubt we will get lucky and catch a mafia so No Lynch sounds like a good first day choice.

ChaosNinji

Shine Sprite

Xzealio Exdementia said:
I highly doubt we will get lucky and catch a mafia so No Lynch sounds like a good first day choice.
Don't believe this man's wretched lies.

ralphfan

Thank you based god

You changed your name.

Unfortunately, nobody else has backstabbed me as well as you guys. Had MCD not been called in to replace MG1, he would've replaced you.

Garlic Man

So I guess we wait silently for 2 more days. cool.

ralphfan

Thank you based god

I have all the night actions. I will give people until 8 pm EST (in 2 hours, 50 minutes) to change them.

Status
Not open for further replies.