Mafia Complaint

Status
Not open for further replies.

Villain11

Katniss <3
Recently, the amount of activity in mafia games has decreased significantly. What happens is that people sign up and then never post in the game thread or maybe are active for one or two phases. This is infuriating, especially when you're hosting. Now, I understand that things come up and you may not be active every day, but you make a committment when you sign up. Don't just sign up to fill a spot, sign up to play.

Also, the "expert" players are always taken out first, making for a boring and inactive game as the game progresses.

Basically, the point of this post is to ask users to only sign-up if they intend on being active. I know modkills can help, but the numbers of inactives in mafia games is too high to modkill everyone.

Also, if I host again, I will only invite active players. They could be of any skill level, as long as they are active.

Have a nice day.

ralphfan

Thank you based god
Villain11 said:
Recently, the amount of activity in mafia games has decreased significantly. What happens is that people sign up and then never post in the game thread or maybe are active for one or two phases. This is infuriating, especially when you're hosting. Now, I understand that things come up and you may not be active every day, but you make a committment when you sign up. Don't just sign up to fill a spot, sign up to play.

Also, the "expert" players are always taken out first, making for a boring and inactive game as the game progresses.

Basically, the point of this post is to ask users to only sign-up if they intend on being active. I know modkills can help, but the numbers of inactives in mafia games is too high to modkill everyone.

Also, if I host again, I will only invite active players. They could be of any skill level, as long as they are active.

Have a nice day.
QFT

When I host my Mafia for Beginners, I'm gonna tell them all how they have to be active.

Villain11

Katniss <3
SpinyMaster347 said:
I haven't been the most active person, I apoligize, I was busy in real life.
At least you voted. I saw people online who didn't even look at the game thread.

I agree Villain.

Sorry I haven't been too active. I have been very busy this last week and am trying to stay on schedule, but I think I'm good now, at least after next week when the basketball season is over. Then I'll be on the mafias more active then I was.

Lily x

Goodbye
I agree, take a look at Zelda mafia, yes the stories were lacking, but it turned out nearly every mafia member was active but not many innocents were including one who got banned.
I must say I have been less active in mafias but I can explain.
I seem to be getting invited in to lots of mafias so I get confused and I have less time.
Also life is getting more busy for me due to schoolwork because I am doing my maths GCSE early.

Toad48

Dry Bowser
Villain11 said:

Have a nice day.

I agree. I think I've been active....

Devils Advocate

And I still haven't found, what I'm looking for.
Looking at the mafia games, I feel that one of the causes of inactivity may be the fact that there are so many mafia games. When you sign up for a game a month in advance, you might forget about it by then, or if you are in three games at once you are splitting your attention across multiple games causing you to be less active. The best way to solve this would be for the players to only join what they know they will pay attention to, rather than every game they can.

On a side note, if something comes up that will cause you to be away for a phase or two, you might want to PM the host to let them know, while possibly telling any role actions you want to do, depending on if the host will allow it.

Stooben Rooben

Star Spirit
Chat Administrator
Retired Wiki Staff
Do you guys think we should decrease the limit of simultaneous Mafia games? Like, maybe we should only have 2 going on at once?

Mijzelffan

Looking forward to Odyssey!
I really think the problem would solve itself if people wouldn't always insist on killing the "experienced players" before anything else. I don't even know why it would be that much better, they have the same chance of having a good (or bad) role as everyone else after all.

Garlic Man

Name-change free since 2018
Good players are critical to victory regardless of their role.

Villain11

Katniss <3
Mijzelffan said:
I really think the problem would solve itself if people wouldn't always insist on killing the "experienced players" before anything else. I don't even know why it would be that much better, they have the same chance of having a good (or bad) role as everyone else after all.
I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.