For never was there a tale of more woe, than this mafia of Juliet and Romeo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marioguy1

Leo
Chat Administrator
Retired Wiki Staff
OK, everyone, the first thing I want to say is that I am soooo sorry. I just realized today that I would have to start my game immediately if I have a hope of finishing. So unfortunately, I’m going to have to abuse my power follow the lead of the other mods and skip the schedule.

Additionally I would also like to take this opportunity to announce that I am going to be going to Florida for three weeks starting February 18th so...ya. Don’t expect me to be active then.

FINALLY I’m just going to explain that when MCD’s Mafia 2011 ends, Villain’s Witch Hunt thing will be proceeding as planned. This game is an unfortunate bump in the row because I am inconsiderate of other people my game needs to be done in February or it won’t be a Valentine’s Day Mafia Game.

Now, on with the annoyingly early game:

Weeelcome to Romeo, Juliet and the Mafia! Just a few ground rules before we begin:

1. The rules from all my other mafia games, you know, the ones nobody ever reads? Well they all apply here.
2. By entering into this thread, you agree that Shakespeare is awesome. This means that any bashing of Shakespeare will not be tolerated. You will get a very ):< MG1 if you do that.
3. I will not be writing in Ye Old English. Why? Because I tried it out while I CAN replace “you” with “thou” and “why” with “wherefore”, the poetry component of Old English (the reason Shakespeare’s plays sound so good) is sorely lacking.
4. Um...I accidentally put this four here but I ran out of rules so...have fun?

The list of players:
1. Marioguy1
2. Rocker
3. Turtwig A
4. QuizmoManiac
5. BBY
6. Villain - Killed Night 1 (was the Apothecary, could use the herbs of life or herbs of death)
7. SM347
8. Ralphfan
9. New Super Mario
10. St00b
11. Major Mario Bloops - Killed Night 2 (was the Normal Villager, after being Friar John)
12. Garlic
13. Mijzelffan - Killed by Xzealio's bombing ability (Was Benvolio, the innocent vigilante)
14. MCD
15. Gamefreak75
16. Yoshiwaker
17. Xzealio - Killed by Mijzelffan's vigilante ability (Was Mercutio, the innocent bomber)
18. Zero777
19. Lily x - Lynched Day 2 (Was Annoyed Villager, the innocent roleblocker)

It is now Night 0

Post your butts off!

Devils Advocate

And I still haven't found, what I'm looking for.
Re: Romeo, Juliet, the Mafia and the Game Thread

Vote: Ninji

It's night, he isn't in the game, roles aren't out yet and the game hasn't gotten to day 1. So many things wrong with that vote, but can he be killed anyway?

Devils Advocate

Xzealio Exdementia said:
Vote: Ninji

It's night, he isn't in the game, roles aren't out yet and the game hasn't gotten to day 1. So many things wrong with that vote, but can he be killed anyway?
I kind of covered that he didn't.

Zero777

Middle Eastern Federation

Were there any roles given out?

Garlic Man

Name-change free since 2018

No, this game actually doesn't have any roles. We just peacefully speak amongst ourselves, killing each other (in good will) every once in a while.

Marioguy1

Leo
Chat Administrator
Retired Wiki Staff

This is the beginning post!

The group walked into the room. Just the day before, Romeo and Juliet had proclaimed their mutual love for eachother and now their two families and friends (and the prince for some reason) were gathering together, to celebrate Valentine’s Day!

Then suddenly, Lord Montague, Romeo’s father, broke forward and threw Romeo onto the ground! “You traitor!”, he screamed “You and that girl will die!” then he pulled out a sword and was about to chop Romeo’s head off when Mercutio flew into his side yelling “no!”

Lord Montague tumbled aside and fought against the onslaught of people. Even Lady Montague was attacking him! Then suddenly Lord Capulet started fighting on his side “what do you say we call a temporary truce?” he asked. Lord Montague responded “whateeeevrrrr”.

And so they joined forces and then...BOB CAME IN! Bob announced to the world “Shakespeare has released a new novel!” and then he pulled out “How to do stuff for idiots” and all the people in the room charged for it. Eventually in the resulting fight the book was torn apart, everyone got a sheet. And they ran off, adopting usernames and hiding throughout the village – every night, the mafia killed one of them and every day, they lynched someone. And this had been the procedure for a long time (they even lynched Shakespeare D:) . But now, with only 18 people left, they were getting worried.

Now let me explain the twist I added to this game. One innocent has the role “Romeo” and another has the role “Juliet”. If both Romeo and Juliet are dead at the same time, the game ends, the mafia win. And I promise I will give someone a godrole if they figure out how that relates to Pokémon (I took the idea off of an element in Pokémon FireRed).

Anyways,

Bob was trampled by all of the people, he was Shakespeare’s cousin and could announce that Shakespeare had written a book.

ROLES WILL NOW BEGIN BEING GIVEN OUT

ralphfan

Thank you based god

After dinner, I have a hilarious Shakespeare-related comedy skit you must see.

Gamefreak75

"The hated boss who beats you down..."
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Forum Mod
Retired Wiki Staff

Chorus said:
[And I promise I will give someone a godrole if they figure out how that relates to Pokémon (I took the idea off of an element in Pokémon FireRed).
Destiny Bond. Problem solved.

Godrole, please.

Devils Advocate

You said "a godrole". Does that mean you have more than one to give out?

Marioguy1

Leo
Chat Administrator
Retired Wiki Staff

GF: No :)

Xzealio: If someone solves it, I will just amplify the powers of their role (AKA the cop will be able to check multiple people per night)

But nobody will solve this. And also, I forgot to mention, do not raeg at the twist I added. There is something in Romeo and Juliet's roles that makes it hard for them to die.

Villain11

Katniss <3

I have no idea what that is, so I can't get the god role.

Devils Advocate

Yay a ridiculously hard riddle that is only solvable if you know how the person who made it was thinking. They are always fun to throw in. I will take a guess even though I haven't played Pokemon Firered.

Random guess: Did someone make a ROM hack version of it that involves Romeo and Juliet?

Marioguy1

Leo
Chat Administrator
Retired Wiki Staff

XD no

Anyways, a key to your role PM

The name of your character

If it is GREEN, you are innocent.
If it is RED, you are mafia.
If it is BLUE, you are a neutral party.

Devils Advocate

Let's see. Does it have anything to do with the Ruby and Sapphire that let's you trade with other games? I highly doubt it, but I don't have much knowledge of the game to work with.

Marioguy1

Leo
Chat Administrator
Retired Wiki Staff

lol you will totally never get this. And no, it has absolutely nothing to do with Ruby and Saphire.

Anyways, all Role PMs have been distributed. Confirm if you want, I won't hound you over it. Game will start tomorrow, probably at 8:00 EST but maybe at 10:00.

Devils Advocate

I realize I will never get it. I think you did what I did and made it so subtle that only someone who has played the game and thinks outside the box could solve. Also, Achievement Unlocked: Got your role!

EDIT: Wait, don't people refer to Nidoran (Male) and Nidoran (Female) as Romeo and Juliet? I mean, it's just as a longshot as any, but worth the bullet.

Marioguy1

Leo
Chat Administrator
Retired Wiki Staff

I did not rip this off of your idea D:<

I got the idea of making it a contest from your idea, but the idea of the two master roles was something I came up with a couple months ago.

Devils Advocate

There was an episode of Pokemon that dealt with two nidorans, called "Wherefore Art Thou, Pokémon?" Does that have anything to do with it?

If not, I have one more guess. Romeo and Juliet are a double battle set. It is the lovers class trainers which is reserved just for double battles, it contains a boy and a girl. The boy being Romeo and the girl being Juliet. They only have 1 Pokemon each, so once you defeat (kill) both Pokemon, you (the mafia) wins.

Oh,

Chorus said:
I did not rip this off of your idea D:<

I got the idea of making it a contest from your idea, but the idea of the two master roles was something I came up with a couple months ago.
I was talking about the contest part.

Marioguy1

Leo
Chat Administrator
Retired Wiki Staff

OMG xzealio. I should give you a godrole just for trying such creative things :P

But no, you're so far off...

Devils Advocate

Chorus said:
OMG xzealio. I should give you a godrole just for trying such creative things :P
I tried as much as I could think up. Right now, I have no more guesses, but if I think of anything else I will be sure to try more.

Marioguy1

Leo
Chat Administrator
Retired Wiki Staff

Let's just say a random NPC in one of the cities would be about the level of significance this thing plays in the plotline.

Status
Not open for further replies.