Smash it Up! - Jorge Edition

Paper Jorge

who? am? I?
Hello everybody I'm Paper Jorge. You all know me and I shouldn't say anything else. A few of you, maybe only me, have gone to IGN.com and seen the "Smash it Up!" articles. Well, what are they about? In each article, they list possible characters that could be in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, a long with background information of them, what their moves could be and even their first game appearance and the most recent game they've been in!

Well for the Jorge Edition of Smash it Up, I kinda did the same thing. Except with this Smash it Up! I think of possible stage ideas for Brawl. Each stage idea will inclide the first game it appeared on, the latest game it appeared in, how the stage will look like, and any obstacles.

Bah, enough talking. Let's start:

Flipside
First Appearance: Super Paper Mario, Wii, 2006
Most Recent Appearance: Super Paper Mario, Wii, 2006

Bowser kidnapped the princess, Mario went out to save her, blah blah blah, but then it happened. Count Bleck, some guy from an other dimension, came and warped Mario to another dimension and that was Flipside. Flipside is the main location in that game, and this place is also connected to a copy of Flipside called Flopside. It has clones of the people living in Flipside, except with different names and different personalities. This place could do well in Brawl. Imagine yourself fighting, and then, the screen suddenly flips around and then you fight in 3D mode! Then the screen starts scrolling, you make it to the mirror place, go inside the mirror, and then you go to Flopside! You fight in Flopside and the screen turns 2D again. Then you go 3D again and go to Flipside. Repeat. What about adding some ? Blocks and Brick Blocks as well?

SimCity
First Appearance: SimCity, Amiga, 1989
Most Recent Appearance: SimCity DS, Nintendo DS, 2007

The first version of SimCity wasn’t on a Nintendo console but that doesn’t matter since the SNES version of SimCity isn’t considered third-party right? I mean we got Dr. Wright! Anyway, would you like fighting on a city based on SimCity with houses and buildings there and there? The houses and buildings would act as platforms and if you fell off the houses or buildings, you would land on the street. There, cars can drive over you. Just like Onett, right? Well here’s something new...what if, sometimes, a plane would fly down and crash where you’re fighting? Then, half of the stage is covered in fire and plane pieces while you fight on the other half of the stage!

Faron Woods
First Appearance:
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Wii, 2006
Most Recent Appearance: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Wii, 2006

Faron Woods was the first Twilight Realm area that Link went through. After Link put some light in this place, he also had to go through here to get to the Forest Temple. Faron Woods could be a pretty good stage. With Deku Babas trying to bite you, or maybe the monkeys in the background talking to you or something. Faron Woods would be a pretty calm place if It did got in Brawl, since there probably won’t be any dangers. Platforms could be floating logs, like the ones in Smashville.

Green Hill Zone
First Appearance: Sonic the Hedgehog, Sega Mega Drive, 1991
Most Recent Appearance: Sonic the Hedgehog, GameBoy Advance, 2006

The first level in the whole Sonic the Hedgehog series, this is just like the Sonic version of Mario’s World 1-1. Since this is Sonic, this stage would be considered third-party. And it’s only game appearance wasn’t in a Nintendo system so it can’t be in Brawl...or at least you think. Sonic the Hedgehog was re-made in Nintendo systems a few times-in Sonic Mega Collection and in Sonic the Hedgehog for the GameBoy (all the one I can think of right now). This place has a lot of green. What about adding some walls, that if you run fast enough, you can run on them! That would be a very strange element in a Smash Bros. game but think about it! How fun would it be running away from your enemies! The stage could have two walls, each on the side of the stage. Then is the center, and then a platform made out of grass. Also on top of both walls, is a platform that you can only get to, if you run up the wall or if you use the Bunny Hood.

Drake Lake
First Appearance: Wave Race 64, Nintendo 64, 1996
Most Recent Appearance: Wave Race 64, Nintendo 64, 1996

Go ahead and laugh at this idea, but I don’t care. Anyway, one of the courses in Wave Race 64 was Drake Lake. And to me that’s probably my favorite courses. The Nintendo guys fighting in the water wouldn’t be such a good choice, so why not the Nintendo guys fighting in that little island in Drake Lake? That island is a kinda small, but still good enough to fight in. I don’t think platforms could be used in the stage, but eh, that’s just me. The stage could start out all foggy, and it makes it a bit hard to see. After a while it will clear. Then it will become foggy again and it repeats. If you look at the background, you might see the Wave Racers...racing. Sometimes a Wave Racer will accidentally drive into the island attacking your opponents.

So uhh...what now?

Do characters!

Smiddle: A few on the characters on IGN's Smash it Up! are third-party. A few.

Dry Bones: I arleady did. I may post the characters if I'm not lazy. Oh and plus I'm currently working on items. Can't think of an awesome assist.

Hmm...nice idea. However I wish I had more ideas for characters outside of Mario. That will do for now.

Bleh. Today I feel like posting the characters I wouldl like for Super Smash Bros. Brawl. At least one of them will surprise you.

Banjo-Kazooie
First Appearance: Banjo-Kazooie, Nintendo 64, 1998
Most Recent Appearance: Banjo-Pilot, GameBoy Advance, 2005

Banjo and Kazooie lived a peaceful life in their homes, until one day, the evil witch Gruntilda kidnapped Banjo’s sister, Tooty. Banjo and his friend Kazooie set out on a mission to save Tooty. Banjo and Kazooie were once members of the Nintendo crew, however one day Nintendo sold Rare to Microsoft. This broke everyone’s hearts. This was the end of Banjo in Nintendo systems. Banjo and Kazooie just won’t be able to get in Smash Bros. Brawl unless Nintendo gets a clever way of buying Rare back...or Banjo! Banjo and Kazooie have both been shown to be a great teamwork. From Banjo using Kazooie as a gun, to Banjo smashing Kazooie on the ground, they both have awesome moves.

Paper Mario

First Appearance: Paper Mario, Nintendo 64, 2001
Most Recent Appearance: Super Paper Mario, Wii, 2007

He’s the papery version of Mario, who first appeared on the Nintendo 64 game Paper Mario. When Bowser stole the Star Rod and kidnapped Peach, everyone knew who the hero was going to be. Of course, Mario...I mean Paper Mario. He set out to save Princess Peach, with the help of some partners and the Star Spirits. Later, he appeared in the Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door where he again saved Peach, however this time from the X-Nauts. And finally he appeared in Super Paper Mario, where this time he saved the whole world-no, wait ALL WORLDS. He is not a different character than Mario; however Paper Mario has moves that that the Mario you know and love doesn’t have: HAMMER! He can also use the Pixls he got from Super Paper Mario, though I think they’re back in Flipside. Since he got a trophy in Super Smash Bros. Melee, this means that Sakurai knows he exists as a different character than Mario.

Wolf Link
First Appearance: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Wii, 2006
Most Recent Appearance: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Wii, 2006

When Link entered the Twilight Realm for the first time, he was very surprised. He had now turned into a wolf and worse he was captured in a dungeon! With the help of Midna, Wolf Link escaped the dungeon and found Princess Zelda who told him what was going on. Later in the game, Link can turn into Wolf Link whenever he wants to-however it has been revealed that one of Link’s moves will not be turning into Wolf Link. Could Wolf Link be a separate character for Link? Could Midna be riding Wolf Link, or would Wolf Link fight alone?

Sonic

First Appearance: Sonic the Hedgehog, Sega Mega Drive, 1989
Most Recent Appearance: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Wii, 2007

From the very first Sonic game, Mario and Sonic became enemies...Nintendo and Sega also became big enemies. A few years later, Sonic started appearing in Nintendo systems and then...it happened. Mario and Sonic were confirmed to appear both in the same game. Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games, the upcoming Wii and Nintendo DS game. Nowadays Nintendo and Sega aren’t enemies anymore (not a lot). Sonic has a very high chance in Smash Bros. Brawl, even if he is third party. Plus, he is probably the top requested character for Brawl. I’ll be surprised if he’s not in the game. Of course, Sonic is a very fast character who has a very famous move called the Homing Attack. He can also spin around while in a ball similar to the Screw Attack move, and he can also roll up into a ball and then be sent flying like a bowling ball. Sonic is a guy who’s got an attitude.

Mii
First Appearance: Wii Sports, Wii, 2006
Most Recent Appearance: Big Brain Academy Wii Degree, Wii, 2007

Miis are you. You’re a Mii. The Wii includes a channel called the “Mii Channel” where you can create cute little versions of yourself. They can be used as avatars and as playable characters in some games. What does this mean? If they are in Brawl, you can play as yourself! Many people don’t want them in the game because they have no real background story in games and don’t have real moves. However is using tennis rackets, boxing gloves, bowling balls, baseball bats and stuff like that good enough moves?

Animal Crosser
First Appearance:Animal Crossing, Gamecube, 2002
Most Recent Appearance: Animal Crossing: Wild World, Nintendo DS, 2005

It’s almost just like a Mii-it’s an Animal Crosser from the Animal Crossing series! Animal Crosser live a not-so-normal life. They live in a town full of animals! It’s very hard to imagine Animal Crossers fighting Mario and Link. But good moves could be using a shovel, net, slingshot and...even worse...the Axe. However, if an Animal Crosser is in Brawl, what would he look like? Could you customize him? Would he be a boy? Would his Alternative Costumes be a boy or a girl? We must wonder.

Isla Undisonous
Appeared in Impossible Creatures, PC, 2002, and never again.

A lot of snow, the stage is kind of slippery. Sometimes, random enemy creatures attack you. There is also ay special item: The neurotoxin dart gun! It fires neurotoxin darts (OMG RLY?) which damage a lot, but also takes a lot of damage to reload. Stage has an irregular shape.

Smiddle please. No stages or characters from a PC game. Only consoles and handhelds. Even then it has to have appeared to a Nintendo console at least once.

Ridley
First Appearance:Metroid, NES
Most Recent Appearance: Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, 2007

Metroid desperately needs a villain. Why not Ridley? If Charizard made it, why can't Ridley? The gliding update just begs for Ridley even more

Doopliss
First Appearance: Paper Mario 2
Most Recent Appearance: Paper Mario 2

Doopliss can be in too. Although his chances are almost zero, he could have an interesting moveset. His transformation techniques would be part of his PS. He would transform into an opponent, and turns them into a shadow while he assumes their identity. During this period, Doopliss has all of the opponent's moves, power, speed, weight, and grabs. Taunting changes you back. Getting KOd also undoes this.

Hmm...

Bowser Jr.
First Appearance: Super Mario Sunshine, Gamecube, 2002
Most Recent Appearance: Mario Strikers Charged, Wii, 2007

When Mario was on a beatiful vacation in Isle Delfino, his beatiful vacation became horrible. He was accused of polluting the island, and if that was not enough, his love was kidnapped by a mysterious creature that looked just like him! Witht he help of a talking water pump, he found out who was behind all this: Bowser's son, Bowser Jr. Bowser Jr. has the bility to paint goop, turn into Shadow Mario (Super Mario Sunshine), hide in his shell to shield (New Super Mario Bros.) and do loud roars (Strikers Charged). His moves have to be even more creative than Mario's.

This won't end well.

Koopa Bros.
First Appearance: Paper Mario, N64, 2001
Most Recent Appearance: Paper Mario, N64, 2001

When Mario first started his paper adventure, he met these four troublemakers. They were originally inhabitants of Koopa Village, but were tired of the boring village and went to Koopa Bros. Fortress, where they met and befriended the native Bob-ombs. However, they grew corrupt and imprisioned all of the Bob-ombs. They were given the first star spirit, Eldstar, and Mario made his way to the fortress to rescue him. They fought and lost to Mario, but showed impressive moves. For Brawl, each Ninjakoopa has an ability and you can switch at any point. Their final smash has them pulling off their ultimate move: Summoning Mecha Bowser!

Hope that was good.

They appeared in the Manga a month b'4 PM was released! :P No Koopa Bros.!

Paper Jorge said:
Hmm...

Bowser Jr.

When Mario was on a beatiful vacation in Isle Delfino, his beatiful vacation became horrible. He was accused of polluting the island, and if that was not enough, his love was kidnapped by a mysterious creature that looked just like him! Witht he help of a talking water pump, he found out who was behind all this: Bowser's son, Bowser Jr. Bowser Jr. has the bility to paint goop, turn into Shadow Mario (Super Mario Sunshine), hide in his shell to shield (New Super Mario Bros.) and do loud roars (Strikers Charged). His moves have to be even more creative than Mario's.

Yays!

Paper Jorge said:
Hmm...

Bowser Jr.

what would be the point of shadow mario
it should be

Bowser jr.
shell, roar, fire and turn into shadow mario

Shadow mario
paint moves, and turn into bowser jr.

Alphaclaw11 said:
Paper Jorge said:
Hmm...

Bowser Jr.

what would be the point of shadow mario
it should be

Bowser jr.
shell, roar, fire and turn into shadow mario

Shadow mario
paint moves, and turn into bowser jr.
Right! Also Shadow Mario will be faster, yet slightly weaker.

Back