Author Topic: OFFICIAL USERPEDIA AWARDS II CEREMONY  (Read 25338 times)

Uniju

• Star Spirit
    • View Profile
    • uniju.com
Re: OFFICIAL USERPEDIA AWARDS II CEREMONY
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2009, 05:11:13 PM »
UNIJU'S REALM WINS WITH 254 VOTES, 51% OF ALL VOTERS VOTED FOR IT. Second place was the most popular write in, LEET TOWN which recieved 49% of votes. Now that that's out of the way, please enjoy not anticipating it at all for the rest of a crappy story that you really don't want to read anyway, but you know that those aren't actually the real voting results, so you're going to read through it anyway.

'Twas a dark and stormy night. A creepy Uniju was sleeping peacefully in bed, when an even creepier old Spanish dude broke down his door, and he woke up in terror. Not Uniju of course, I meant the old Spanish dude. He's terrified because he has no idea where the hell he is or why he was sleeping there, or more... sleep breaking down doors there. Uniju was still sound asleep. Despite the fact that he had no idea why he was there, the Spanish dude was still pissed that Uniju didn't wake up when he broke the door down, so he went over and tried to wake Uniju up ONLY TO FIND OUT THAT IT WASN'T ACTUALLY UNIJU SLEEPING IN THE BED. Uniju realized that his cover was broke, and jumped down from the ceiling attacking the old Spanish dude. After a long fight, the Spanish dude turned out to be El Wayoshius, the famous rich spanish businessman who runs the Super Mario Wiki awards!

Uniju, still angered at the fact that El Wayoshius had broken into his house, threatened to press charges against him. Fearing for his reputation, El Wayoshius said he would do anything to avoid going to court. El Unijius thought or a few moments, until coming up with a plan, a devious and evil plan. El Unijius told El Wayoshius that he must allow him to present awards for the Super Mario Wiki anniversery, despite having been banned from the Awards Committee last year. Distraught and desperate, El Wayoshius allowed Uniju to present four awards. Insert evil laugh smiley here.

And so, the day of the awards...

Everyone across the wiki had already heard that Uniju had been brought back to present U8, and so the stadium has mostly emptied out after someone's brilliant presentation of something. Man, who would have guessed the results on that one? Huge twist, didn't see it coming at all. Anyway, Uniju was late. As usual. And I don't say that because he's usually late, I say that because I don't really have anything else to say. Those security cameras look new... "Yeah, we are. Wayoshi just got us installed the day before yesterday." Oh, neat. So I guess you're the sentient kind? "Yeah, it's pretty cool." Yeah.

Oh look! There's Uniju! Thank god, the smell of this rotten tomato I've been holding since Xpike left was making me sick. AND THAN YOU FIND OUT THAT IT WASN'T ACTUALLY UNIJU WALKING ONTO THE STAGE, it was a fat man covered in expensive jewelry and wearing a shiny golden suit that only I mistook for Uniju. Embarassed and scared for my life looking at the new sentient security cameras, I ran out of the stadium crying like a little girl. "Ha ha!".

"*cough*, anyway..." the man said, as three butlers wiped the tomato off his suit. "Hello Super Mario Wiki, my name is Mark Acheson. I'm sure you remember me from last years awards presentation, and as the voice of Boris from the hit anime serious Black Lagoon. I'm here today to present the same award I presented last year, U8, or the Favorite Wikiverse Location award!". The crowd went crazy, making Boris Mark unable to continue for a few moments. And in that short period of noise, an even louder sound came from the opposite wall of the stadium. A gun shot, straight through Mark's forehead. Terrified, many of the people who had come back into the room after hearing that Uniju was not to be there all ran out of the room again, afraid for their lives. "Calm down!" a voice shouted from the ceiling, "It's just me!". Uniju jumped down from the ceiling onto the stage, which Mark ahd only just been dragged away from. "Now that we've got rid of that obnoxious character, let's start the REAL presentation of U8." As soon as he said "real", there was a storm of lasers and fireworks going off behind him, which set the entire stadium on fire. As everything in the stadium was engulfed, Uniju laughed. And than, a steel ladder dropped down from the sky. "Climb up here!" not able to see where it had fallen from, the people climbed it quickly thinking it to be from a rescue helicopter. Once they had climbed out of the smoke however, they saw differently...

It was the REAL first place award winner of U8, Smash Bros. Kingdom, which happens to float over this stadium every 376 years! El Unijius went tsk tsk as El DPius saved the general populous from his evil trap of fire, but he knew he had three more tries over the course of the rest of the day, so he quickly fled before the firemans came and discovered his very illegal contract with El Wayoshius, and left us with only the rest of the awards results:

Second place! Toy Town 18 (14%)
Third place! New Wikisburg 14 (11%)
Fourth Place! Cookie Island - 10 (8%)
Fifth Place! MWiki Subway - 10 (8%)
Sixth Place!RAP's Mansion - 10 (8%)
Seventh Place!Pwnz Place - 9 (7%)
Really God dang Lame! Trollston - 3 (2.3%)
Awful! MC Factory - 2 (1.6%)
Still doing really bad!Uniju's Realm - 2 (1.6%)
Didn't even matter! Shroob Space - 1
HA HA! Shy Guy Island - 1
This place sucked even when people liked it! Leet Town - 1
This signature officially occupied by the taste of ginger since August 14th, 2009.
Feeling down? You may already be a charge target.

Arend

• President of APIM Group and Patroller of SMWiki
  • Retired Wiki Staff
  • Goomba
  • The great Arend!
    • View Profile
    • Go to APIM Group's Userpedia page
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2009, 05:12:45 PM »
Still don't know where that place was for.

Wayoshi

• Yoshius Maximus
  • Luma
  • PM Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2009, 05:14:03 PM »
FAV NON-USER - U5 - SNACK NEXT

It seems I spoiled F1 and A23 early. Geez, this never ever happened before... :(
^ ^

Arend

• Retired Wiki Staff
  • Goomba
  • The great Arend!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2009, 05:15:11 PM »
FAV NON-USER - U5 - SNACK NEXT

It seems I spoiled F1 and A23 early. Geez, this never ever happened before... :(
Can happen. You actually need to argue to Plums. HE made the comic.

Stooben

• Stobin
  • Retired Wiki Staff
  • Star Spirit
  • Stooben Rooben
    • View Profile
    • The Xephyr Board
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2009, 05:17:37 PM »
Whoa, what happened, Wayo?

Oh yeah, nice presentation, Uniju. :)
Rest in peace, Walkazo.

Chihaya Kisaragi

• King Bowser
  • Snack
  • Bluebird; Even If Happiness Is Close By...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2009, 05:17:45 PM »
The man spoke in a dry, sarcastic tone of voice, and replied "Well, if you want it sure, it just has a few very small problems, namely the engine is a 1.8 liter diesel with no power, it's horrendously top heavy, the suspension is dreadful, it was flipped at sixty miles per hour by a race car driver, caught on fire, and now the...", SnackServ then cut him off.

"But it's a van, right?"

"Yes it is a van, and with luck it may actually run and carry your things somewhere".

"How much for it then?"

"Naught"

"I'll take it"

And so SnackServ pushed the van around front after finding it unable to start, withdrew an irate Rythem from the locker, and threw her in the driver's seat, and then they were off after kicking the engine several time and pouring in vegetable oil from their stdaroEgg'n'Sausage on French Toast breakfast into the tank. After a moment of silence, Rythem spoke up.

"Why am I driving?".

"You're the one with the van".

"But I'm not".

"Well you were, and I need a cute girl for fanservice reasons".

Rythem pondered the implications of that statement, but as a devoted Freemason, she is a pants-wearer, and thus has little to fear from potential "Accidental" upskirt shots, or infact, nothing to fear at all as she isn't wearing a skirt but pants, but perhaps it could still be said that she has SOMETHING to fear from PANTY shots, but it would require any "It was an accident!" pretense to be dropped, but this isn't really appropriate for this site, so again I digress.

The two soon realized that they needed to paint their van, so they returned home, inconviently running out of vegetable oil as they reached SnackServ's house, and unfortunately hiding the serious flaw in the car that the dry sarcastic man attempted to state, and which I will now attempt not to state.

Go ahead, try me.

Anyway, they pushed the car around back, spraypainted a crude picture of a SnackServ on, sat around, watched the start of the awards on TV, and went over their plans. "Ok, we need the van to be going the other way so that I can jump out facing the stage in this UK market van", stated SnackServ about his plans over a stdaroChicken Wrap Sandwich lunch. "But there is only an entrance on this side, so we need to do a hairpin turn after entering", we finished.

"Am I driving?", asked Rythem.

"Yes. Yes you are", was the reply.

So filled up the van with the vegetable oil from their lunch and drove away. Crossing the RabienRoll River on a side road, they soon entered the stadium parking lot, signaled the door operator, and accelerated into the side door, flying on to stage and hitting the brakes, slidding into their quick 180 degree turn, which quickly failed, sending the van on it's side, revealing the fatal problem to be the brakes.

If you skipped ahead to find out what the problem was the Curse of MIPS shall befall you.

So, of course, the van crashed and it really sucked, but I don't feel like writing this bit so whatever, everything turned out fine, or as fine as things could be after a what would have been deadly except for DEUS EX MACHINA, which is pronounced if you don't know something close to "Deh-oos Mach-ee-nuh", van crash, but I digress.

SnackServ exited the flaming wreckage, dodging fire hoses before realizing that he himself was on fire, after which he ran around trying to avoid SOMETHING, or, in particular, whatever it is that people who are on fire run around aimlessly to avoid. Anyway, the firemen happened to get a clear shot and saved SnackServ, and SnackServ then addressed the audience like he was freaking supposed to in the first place.

"Helllllloooooooooooooooo MarioWiki! I'm... I'm terribly sorry", he yelled out, and then looked at a piece of paper containing the awards results. Over his shoulder, Rythem looked at it as well, and couldn't help but feel disheartened over having recieved no votes, not even a single write-in mention!

"Is there seriously something so much cooler about Wiggy, sixth place with six votes, than me?", she lamented aloud, when a flying contractual obgligation came and told her that she had to talk about all the candidates, not just the ones that make it seem more like she is hopeless.

"Well, at least you placed higher than Burt, seventh place with two votes", SnackServ said, "My bad", he followed up "He beat you too", he said, finishing.

"Of course, even though I have to say that it's almost sad that Frijjle only got to fifth place with eleven votes", Rythem said, restraining the urge to punch SnackServ in the face for either being stupid enough to forget she got no votes, not even a single write-in mention, or mean enough to point out that she got no votes on purpose.

"And, how about we get more of a festive mood for this fairly festive occasion, and continue on to the TOP THREE BEST NON USERS!", Snack yelled. "Except it's only the best non users not named Rythem", grumbled Rythem under her breath because disagreeing with the awards results is against the rules, or the contract obligations, or something.

Not that I'M disagreeing with results, nope nope nope.

(Psssssst... I'll give you a mozzerela stick if you don't tell anyone)

But I digress.

"And in third place is Mastermind Troll, with a coincidentally fitting, or would seem so if you were superstitious, thirteen votes!", SnackServ yelled out, and passed a prize (Probably something crappy) to someone who isn't Mastermind Troll, because he is too big, evil, and actually pretty sucky a character to fit in the stadium.

"And in second, Iggly with 16 votes", he yelled out. After a short pause, fireworks shot off to herald the impending announcement of the first place winner, with stray fireworks making up for the shocking lack of disaster of the van crash, knocking out several people, including Uniju, who was immediately tended to by his staff of maids, and some other guys who probably died because they didn't have maids on hand, but I digress.

"In an upset victory for the dark horse candidate, the first place winner is Rythem with 53 votes!", Rythem yelled over the sound of people cursing Xzelion for their misfortune and vowing to destroy the evil and corrupt MarioWiki.

"...Except it's actually Dry Bones Jr. with 53 votes, what a twist!", SnackServ finished while a dejected Rythem sulked off into the corner looking at her knees and telling herself that people do love her.

Dry Bones Jr. took to the stage, and SnackServ handed him the MARIOWIKI GOLDEN FRIJJLE AWARD, ironically enough sponsored by Uniju, who had just been knocked out by fireworks, and Frijjle, who had just lost to Dry Bones Jr. himself.

"It's a very great honor to be here on this stage, holding this statue of Frijjle made of gold", Dry Bones Jr. said before returning to his seat. To spice up this obviously written at 12:30 AM on a fast approaching deadline after days of procrastination ending line, fireworks fired off between every word, which probably just made it more obnoxius. SnackServ then exited stage in a hail of smoke and lasers, laughing maniacally about the budget the producers gave him and yelling that he hadn't even used a quarter of his SFX budget, while security dragged Rythem off to her seat for the rest of the show.

Full Results;

1st place, Dry Bones Jr. - 53 (46%)
2nd place, Iggly - 16 (14%)
3rd place, Mastermind Troll - 13 (11%)
4th place, Twink - 12 (10.4%)
5th place, Frijjle - 11 (9.6%)
6th place, Wiggy - 6 (5%)
7th Place, Burt - 2 (2%)

TO BE CONTINUED

Stooben

• Stobin
  • Retired Wiki Staff
  • Star Spirit
  • Stooben Rooben
    • View Profile
    • The Xephyr Board
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2009, 05:19:35 PM »
Frijjle wasn't even in the top 3? ...'Sucks. I'm not surprised at DB Jr.'s and Mastermind Troll's positions, though.
Rest in peace, Walkazo.

Wayoshi

• Yoshius Maximus
  • Luma
  • PM Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2009, 05:20:30 PM »
This is a bit of a rocky start...sorry about that. Also note long presentations may be hard to read fully in the 5 minute schedule...so skim it and come back when it's all over!

To get back on track, I'm posting Jdrow's U3 right now! :)

Yo Wayo,
I might be able to make it to the ceremony after all, but it's not likely.

*Jd takes the stage*

Jd: It's the one you've all been waiting for - Favorite Comic!!!!!!!!!!

*audience is silent*

Jd: C'mon folks!

*audience is silent*

Jd: Whatever...

Jd: Well in third place is When Sysops Attack - a comic made by the ONE AND ONLY Toadbert101!!! Unfortunately we couldn't recover any issues...

*audience boos*

Jd: Ok, wtf.

Jd: In second place is the Shadow Chronicles, made by Black Hole Sun - and we couldn't get any issues of them either.

Jd: Finally, in third place...

*a cry of "wtf" is heard from the audience*

Jd: Ummmm, thank you, BB, but sticking your comic up there won't fool anyone...

Jd: The real winner is...

Jd: The Lost Adventures, by Uniju!!!

Jd: Uni, how do you feel about winning?

Uni: Great. I'm off to celebrate.

Jd: ...

U6. FAV RENAME OF USER - SNACK - you have 5 minutes. :)
^ ^

Arend

• Retired Wiki Staff
  • Goomba
  • The great Arend!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2009, 05:20:41 PM »
WOOT, IGGLY'S SECOND!

Wait a minute... The previous time Frijjle was second and Iggly was fifth... Now it's vice versa! Iggly's second and Frijjle is fifth!

Uniju

• Star Spirit
    • View Profile
    • uniju.com
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2009, 05:24:04 PM »
tLA! Nice. :P
This signature officially occupied by the taste of ginger since August 14th, 2009.

Stooben

• Stobin
  • Retired Wiki Staff
  • Star Spirit
  • Stooben Rooben
    • View Profile
    • The Xephyr Board
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2009, 05:24:38 PM »
I must now annihilate Userpedia since they were meanies and didn't let Death to Wiki win or be in second place or even in third place I'm so upset. :'( :'(

Well, we can't ALL be good sports. :P

Congrats, Uni!
Rest in peace, Walkazo.

Chihaya Kisaragi

• King Bowser
  • Snack
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2009, 05:26:45 PM »
http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/9029/comicfinal.png

Link only so as not to stretch the page, sorry.

Arend

• Retired Wiki Staff
  • Goomba
  • The great Arend!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2009, 05:29:16 PM »
THose prizes are funny!

You borrowed APIM Stadium?

Uniju

• Star Spirit
    • View Profile
    • uniju.com
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2009, 05:30:09 PM »
http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/9029/comicfinal.png

Link only so as not to stretch the page, sorry.

Freaking awesome comic.

Wayoshi

• Yoshius Maximus
  • Luma
  • PM Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2009, 05:31:19 PM »
BY SONICMARIO:

Okay here they are Wayo, Once again. Sorry for being late.

U4. Favorite Game (UP Awards)

Hi everybody in Userpedia. You guys know me as the host of User Soup. And if you count it, Indiana Jorge author. And I'm here to present the award for favorite game.

Games on userpedia have been there from the very beginning. People mostly copied from other games and replaced them with Users. Some have been smart enough to only do that within the title. As much as most game ideas sucked there have been some that have completely been original stories and nice ideas.... either that or they had great artwork. As most games are not real. So here we go.

There was only one other vote and that was for Super Mario Wiki: Different Parts of Italia. And I think I speak for everyone when I say "WHAT THE DUCK IS THAT GAME?"

So on to the ballot names. Here is the top 6 as there were only 6.

Number 6 was User Party (5 votes). That's really just Mario Party switched around alot. I think this one only made it because of the good looking artwork by Arend and stuff.

Number 5 is Exterminator (6 votes). And it is one I believe should have more votes then it did. And not just because my own bro made it. Out of all the nominees it was the only playable game, that is if you had game maker. Probably the only reason it didn't get much more vote was because it was not advertised very much by TehDman and isn't talked about nor is it worked on anymore. It had a pretty dark storyline and worked alot like a doom game. If it had been talked alot more and it was thus made less obscure to all guests this game would beat all the rest by a long shot.

Number 4 is Guitar Steward (15 votes). It's painfully obvious what's it based on, but actually all all except Exterminator and SMW: DPoI are not exactly Original names. Regardless it is popular with many users who are music lovers such as Stooben Rooben, Xpike, Master Lucario, and BHS. Information includes user versions of RL songs and have User Bosses to defeat. Stooby even made custom Guitars for most of the users.

Number 3 is (And I'm not kidding) The Legend of MarioWiki: Twilight Princess (27 votes). I don't need to say what this parodying right do I? Anyway, I believe this was made by Paper Jorge back when he was obsessed with Legend of Zelda in 2007/2008. I don't remember much about it and I don't know why it even got this many votes. So I'm done with that.

Number 2 is not quite as obvious but it was a Yoshi's Island ripoff named MarioWiki Island (32 votes) with all these different users go through courses similar Yoshi's Island. Once again this was on scribblewiki along with LoM: TP so it's hard to remember. And also like the previous I don't understand exactly why it got as many votes as it did but it did so too late.

And the number 1 userpedia game this year is once again Paper Lario.

It had it's own story and such, but I think this game only one because of one thing: All the artwork that was made for users. It had some of the most quality looking versions of Userpedia people ever seen. And unless something else comes along that beats it, it's ultimately the number of artwork and sprites that makes Paper Lario the winner of the userpedia game award twice in a row. Can Paper Lario threepeat next year? We'll just have to find out.

DUE UP: U9. FAV ARTIST - XPIKE
^ ^

Chihaya Kisaragi

• King Bowser
  • Snack
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2009, 05:31:41 PM »
THose prizes are funny!

You borrowed APIM Stadium?

Sorta. I did some work on it though.

Also thanks Uniju :)

Paper Jorge

• Edgelord Princess
  • Dry Bowser
  • who? am? I?
    • View Profile
    • pizza delivery service
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2009, 05:32:44 PM »
Friday Night Live didn't win.

Rage.

"Number 3 is (And I'm not kidding) The Legend of MarioWiki: Twilight Princess (27 votes). I don't need to say what this parodying right do I? Anyway, I believe this was made by Paper Jorge back when he was obsessed with Legend of Zelda in 2007/2008. I don't remember much about it and I don't know why it even got this many votes. So I'm done with that."

No, it wasn't made by me.
sad emoji, sad emoji, sad emoji

Xpike

• King Bowser
  • Xluidi
  • beep bep boop
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2009, 05:33:00 PM »
I was bored, that comic was made like 4 minutes before the presentation.

Arend

• Retired Wiki Staff
  • Goomba
  • The great Arend!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2009, 05:33:50 PM »
Sob....

Uniju

• Star Spirit
    • View Profile
    • uniju.com
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2009, 05:34:03 PM »
That sucked, Xpike. :(