Author Topic: OFFICIAL FAIL AWARDS CEREMONY  (Read 33590 times)

Stooben

• Stobin
  • Retired Wiki Staff
  • Star Spirit
  • Stooben Rooben
    • View Profile
    • The Xephyr Board
Re: OFFICIAL FAIL AWARDS CEREMONY
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2009, 06:34:24 PM »
Waluigi and Birdo are loved by some...but maybe the least? Daisy too, I guess. "HI I'M DAISY" is definitely annoying to me.
I have to agree with this. Birdo is...just plain weird; a good enemy, just weird. Waluigi gets no respect at all; Daisy is annoying as hell.

Nice presentation, McPlums. :)
Rest in peace, Walkazo.

Uniju

• Star Spirit
    • View Profile
    • uniju.com
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2009, 06:35:13 PM »
I don't hate birdo, but I can see why a bunch of 8 year old gamers would hate a pink dinosaur.
This signature officially occupied by the taste of ginger since August 14th, 2009.
Feeling down? You may already be a charge target.

Nerdy Guy

« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2009, 06:36:35 PM »
I think most of these awards are effected by internet jokes.

Wayoshi

• Yoshius Maximus
  • Luma
  • PM Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2009, 06:36:46 PM »
Here is F4 by ralphfan!

(A  very muscular teenage boy walks on to the stage to tumultuous applause.)

"Hi, everyone!  I'm Ralphfan.  Award shows suck.  People are always getting papercuts on stupid envelopes.  Tonight, I'm not opening envelopes.  I'm doing other things.  For this award, worst Paper Mario Sidekick, I'm throwing darts.  I have a gold dart for the winner, silver for second place, and bronze for the third.  This board has spaces for: Piccolo; Goombario; Ms. Mowz; Flurrie; Fleep; Sushie; Lakilester; Dashell; Parakarry; Watt; Goombella; Barry; Bombette; Thudley; Carrie; Tippi; Boomer; Koops; Kooper; and Vivian."

Tucayo: "KOOPER ROCKS!"

"I will now throw the bronze dart, signifying third place, with 18% of the vote."

Dramatic pause...

A drum rolls across the stage...

A rimshot is heard in respose to the rolling drum...

The dart hits...

MS. MOWZ!

"Now, for second place; 18.8%..."

Another dramatic pause...

The dart hits...

GOOMBARIO!

"And now, for the champion, with 21% of the vote!"

A very dramatic pause...

And another...

The dart hits...

KOOPER!

Tucayo: "DAMMIT!"

"Oh, crap!  I missed!"

The gold dart is re-thrown; it hits...

PICCOLO!

(Piccolo begins to play "We Are the Champions".)

BTW, 735 people voted on this award; Flurrie came in fourth with 13 percent.  Kooper received one vote.

Next up is F9. Worst Other Medium by SonicMario in a bit.
^ ^

Plumber

• Fantendo Founder
  • Retired Wiki Staff
  • King Bowser
  • Tenacious Trio
    • View Profile
    • Fantendo - Videogame Fanon Wiki
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2009, 06:38:55 PM »
Waluigi and Birdo are loved by some...but maybe the least? Daisy too, I guess. "HI I'M DAISY" is definitely annoying to me.
I have to agree with this. Birdo is...just plain weird; a good enemy, just weird. Waluigi gets no respect at all; Daisy is annoying as hell.

Nice presentation, McPlums. :)

Danke schoen, and Amen. "HI IM DAISY" GOD so dang dang annoying.

Surprised at the Birdo hate tho, she's weird and annoying, but not that much.

Piccolo? That's sad, did he even have a personality? Not like any of the Pixls did once you met them.
EDIT: Wait this is the FAIL Awards, LOL I'm too tired :P
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 06:40:31 PM by Plumber »
Rest in peace, Walkazo.

Nerdy Guy

« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2009, 06:41:00 PM »
What's a "worse other medium"? (Yes I know this is a bad time to ask)

Uniju

• Star Spirit
    • View Profile
    • uniju.com
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2009, 06:42:11 PM »
What's a "worse other medium"? (Yes I know this is a bad time to ask)
Other medium = cartoons, comics, etc. mediums other than video games.
This signature officially occupied by the taste of ginger since August 14th, 2009.
Feeling down? You may already be a charge target.

Yoshi Boo 118

• Boo and Yoshi will RULE THE WORLD! Bwa ha (cough)
  • Goomba
  • I'm scary, right...RIGHT!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2009, 06:42:53 PM »
Good thing Piccolo was an optional partner. Seriously, could you even IMAGINE what would happen if Piccolo was the first Pixel you got? :P

Northern Verve

• Princess of Magic
  • Star Spirit
  • SonicMario
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2009, 06:44:03 PM »
F9. Worst Other Medium

Hello I am back again. This Time I am doing a fail Award. The one I got here is the Worst Other Medium. There are characters you hate, and there are games you hate. There are items you hate, there are Attacks you hate. But what do you guys all hate the most that boils you down to the core and can even kill your childhood. Yes these are the other medium. Shows, Movies, and even comics has featured Mario as their main character. Most of them being total dog crap. So here we go.

Just like the last 2 awards, I'll say the other votes. The ones only a few people thought sucked more then the ones we put on the ballot. Both other votes actually tied so there's not much to say on who though was worst.

O. Donkey Kong (TV) - 2
O. The Great Mission to Save Princess Peach - 2

Donkey Kong's TV show and an obscure Anime Mario Movie are these 2 other votes. I think the anime was was too rare to find and I'm not 100% sure but from what I know it was only in Japanese language. So maybe there were 2 Japanese fans that visited that place and even they thought that anime was bad. But then again we have all those otakus here in America and the Donkey Kong show is self explanatory.

So on out actual ballots. There were not 10 choices as there were only 5. So we can arrange it into the top 5 Worst Other mediums

In 5th, is The Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3 (45 votes) who is very similar to the other 2 cartoons that are also in this countdown.

In 4th, is The Super Mario World cartoon (47 votes) just barely beat out  SMB3's by only 2 votes so to votes most people think of these the same way. Though I do believe Super Mario World gave us the famous Internet Meme/Hundreds of Youtube Poops with the Mama Luigi episode. But that's probably one of the only reasons it's good it existed. Or even worse if you hate common overused Youtube jokes

In 3rd, is the Club Nintendo comics. .....I can't really say much. I've never seen these comics and if they are really that bad to get 3rd here with 79 vote then I might never (Unless there's a free scan of them all somewhere on the internet >.>)

In 2nd, is the Super Mario Bros. Super Show. I believe this was the first Mario Show. and it seems due to this poll the first is worst. Many reasons why the Super Show failed were plenty like the opening that was a Rap song, the Live action Mario and Luigi skits, and some of the most annoying voice actors in Video game show history. Mostly Toad, because after this show he must of got so annoying that they replaced him with Yoshi in the next 2 shows. ...Well maybe that wasn't much a change as Yoshi's voice is almost just as high-pitched and annoying but regardless. In the public eye, SMBSS is the worst Mario cartoon. But it is not enough to be the worst medium in this awards. And up next is why.

The number 1 worst Other medium of the Mario series is the Super Mario Bros. Movie (456 votes). I agree that this was probably the worst planned other media for the Mario series. The cartoon shows got bad but at least they were ever closer to the games this movie ever was. They totally twisted the story, made Luigi alot younger looking then Mario (Then tried to make him the heart-throb and the romance guy along with Daisy). Yoshi looked like a Jurassic Park reject, King Koopa/Bowser was not a Koopa at all. And the Goombas were huge monsters with small heads. The plot is the strangest you'll ever see and almost everything about it is total crap. Even the actors in the movie hated having to do this movie as they expressed the difficulties making the movie. The actor of mario has even f-bombed about the movie and is the only part of the wiki where it is shown uncensored despite large, LARGE debate. SO congrats to The SMB movie for completely sucking enough to win

Here is the the nominees in list form

Super Mario Bros. The Movie – 456 (61%)
Super Mario Bros. Super Show – 123 (16%)
Club Nintendo Comics – 79 (11%)
Super Mario World (TV) - 47 (6.3%)
Adventures of SMB3 - 45 (6.0%)
O. Donkey Kong (TV) - 2

Plumber

• Fantendo Founder
  • Retired Wiki Staff
  • King Bowser
  • Tenacious Trio
    • View Profile
    • Fantendo - Videogame Fanon Wiki
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2009, 06:45:31 PM »
F9. Worst Other Medium

Super Mario Bros. The Movie – 456 (61%)

Super Mario Bros. Super Show – 123 (16%)
Club Nintendo Comics – 79 (11%)
Super Mario World (TV) - 47 (6.3%)
Adventures of SMB3 - 45 (6.0%)
O. Donkey Kong (TV) - 2

ZOMG WHAT A SURPRISE :eekdance:

My whole reality has been shaken by this shock. I cannot believe it, I was sure it was not butter.
Rest in peace, Walkazo.

Wayoshi

• Yoshius Maximus
  • Luma
  • PM Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2009, 06:47:07 PM »
Still today the actors regret making the film. Apparently the directors didn't have a good vision of the series. :posh:

I will be posting F2. Favorite Platformer by Gigyas shortly.
^ ^

Nerdy Guy

« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2009, 06:48:03 PM »
I knew the movie was going to win when I heard there was going to be a Fail Awards.

Stooben

• Stobin
  • Retired Wiki Staff
  • Star Spirit
  • Stooben Rooben
    • View Profile
    • The Xephyr Board
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2009, 06:49:44 PM »
What the hell? The Super Mario Bros. movie was easily one of the greatest films of all time. Whoever voted it to be the worst other medium obviously has no idea what they're talking about. :|
Rest in peace, Walkazo.

Chihaya Kisaragi

• King Bowser
  • Snack
  • Bluebird; Even If Happiness Is Close By...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2009, 06:50:14 PM »
I'm pretty sure the problem was that the directors sucked actually.

Looking through the wikipedia page there are a lot of people connected to some fairly big names. It seems sorta weird how it managed to fail so badly.

And of course there is Miyamoto's opinion... That it was TOO close to the games.

Yoshi Boo 118

• Boo and Yoshi will RULE THE WORLD! Bwa ha (cough)
  • Goomba
  • I'm scary, right...RIGHT!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2009, 06:51:01 PM »
I haven't seen the movie, but you don't have to to know it sucked. >:(

Marioguy1

• 'Shroom Core Staff
  • Shine Sprite
  • Leo
    • View Profile
    • Userpedia - The Wiki about MarioWiki Users
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2009, 06:52:02 PM »
I take it this is all being said on chat too? Anyhow, I don't like the movie. All the characters have horrible looks. Honestly, the Goombas are bigger than Mario! :goomba: :goomba: :goomba: :goomba: :mario: :o

Wayoshi

• Yoshius Maximus
  • Luma
  • PM Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2009, 06:52:57 PM »

Here I will present the candidates for F2, worst platformer.  In no particular order: Super Mario Bros, Mario is Missing, Hotel Mario, Wario: Master of Disguise, Wario Land (VB), Super Mario Bros.: Lost Levels, Yoshi Topsy-Turvy, Super Paper Mario, and finally, Super Mario Bros. 2.

So, There are 6 Mario games, 2 Wario games, and only 1 Yoshi game in that award.  Interesting. Also, a total of 824 people voted on this category. We also had some guesses as to the top three for this category. They are: 1) Hotel 2) Missing 3) Typing 1  So, anyway, I’ll present the top three winners along with the loser. Although in this case, the loser IS the winner. So here we go. In third place we have…

Ralphan: Wait! Aren’t you supposed to make this interesting?
Huh? I made a stinking sprite!
Ralphan: Erm, yeah. It was very, good?
Well, I had a user interrupt. Moving on.
In third place, with 12% of the votes, that’s 99 votes by the way, so we have……..

YOSHI TOPSY TURVEY! :Yoshi:
Next we have second place. This next game took 12.7% of the votes, or 105 total votes, which isn’t a lot more than the last game! So, in second place is……

Super Mario Bros. ….. 2!
Well, that’s a love or hate game, and I happened to hate it. Here we go for the top voted for category for the worst platformer. With 59% of the votes, and…

Ralphan: Hold on! Shouldn’t we do something?
Well, I didn’t want to do this, but we must. Ralphan, get ready to do number 19.
Ralphan: What’s number 19?
Don’t you know? It’s the Big Mac combo! *badum ching!* Really, I think we have enough. But if you insist….. Here comes more sprites.

Okay. Now I can say that in first place ……. Is…….

HOTEL MARIO!!!!!!!!
So, yeah, this game got 59% of all votes, that’s 488 points. BTW, in last place is a tie between Wario land and Wario master of disguise. It looks like the voters only got one right! Sorry! Well, see you on the next award!

Next up is F7 Worst Enemy, I will post that for ralphfan as well.
^ ^

Rin Tohsaka

• Head of the Tohsaka Family
  • Retired Wiki Staff
  • Power Star
  • Super-Yoshi
  • #1 Magecrafter
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2009, 06:55:02 PM »
lol

hee heehee hee

Marioguy1

• 'Shroom Core Staff
  • Shine Sprite
  • Leo
    • View Profile
    • Userpedia - The Wiki about MarioWiki Users
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2009, 06:55:41 PM »
Man, I like Hotel Mario. I like any game with Koopalings :(

RAP

• Whomp
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2009, 06:57:01 PM »
What the hell? The Super Mario Bros. movie was easily one of the greatest films of all time. Whoever voted it to be the worst other medium obviously has no idea what they're talking about. :|

Actually during the process of creating the film, there were some unique stuff involved in making the flim... such as the movie script was originally going to be video-game based instead of all those weapons, and cars, and that city! It's too bad that the flim failed very badly.