Author Topic: What game did you last play?!?!?!?  (Read 1085674 times)

Santa Yoshi

• The Christmas Yoshi
  • Dry Bowser
  • YoshiFlutterJump
    • View Profile
Re: What game did you last play?!?!?!?
« Reply #19340 on: December 01, 2018, 02:49:52 PM »
Kirby Star Allies (Switch)

I guess the new Heroes in Another Dimension isn't that hard if you don't focus on Friend Hearts...but I did, and it sure was tough.  The parallel bosses in particular are much harder than their normal counterparts.  I only had 84 Friend Hearts by the end, giving me a rather disappointing rank C.  The final boss was very, VERY hard, and is easily the hardest boss I've fought in this game.  But I did beat it, and I unlocked the ability to replay dimensions, as well as a new Soul Melter Extra difficulty on The Ultimate Choice.  I'm honestly kind of dreading Soul Melter EX, but I'll try it once or twice and see just how hard it is.

Рождественский Малыш Луиджи

• Nick, you need to find a woman who hates herself, she'll love you.
  • Awards Committee
  • Mushroom Attendant
  • Baby Luigi
  • 🇷🇺 Малыш Луиджи 🇷🇺 – Патриотическая
    • View Profile
« Reply #19341 on: December 01, 2018, 03:27:00 PM »
Metro 2033 Redux

I have a lot to say about this game, being the first survival horror game I've ever played. I adore the game's atmosphere and the method it uses to scare you (more desolate, more tense, etc. and less so on jumpscaries...it's actually much more depressing than it is scary for me so far). I've been up to the level where you're in the Dead City, my favorite level in the game so far because of how beautiful, yet utterly depressing Moscow is. Graphics and set pieces in general are amazing. Enemy monsters aren't really all that scary, just more"Come out so I can kill you.", playing as someone who doesn't really play horror games otherwise but they are still pretty threatening to deal with. I'm playing the game in Spartan Normal mode so probably the easiest mode considering that I'm entirely new to this genre but I'm enjoying the game in that mode so I win.

It's also one of the most Russian games I ever played, and I love it. Love the accents in the English version, love some guys singing in Russian, love the little communities, and I'd want to play the game in Russian language too.

"Some people call them demons, I call them *bleep*es."

Once I'm done, I'll be playing Last Light. I'll definitely be looking forward to Exodus.
RIP B. "Walkazo" Dalziel. December 16, 1991 to March 27, 2016.

Miki Hoshii

• Sleeping Skill Level: Maxed
  • Celestial Guide
  • Crackin355
    • View Profile
« Reply #19342 on: December 02, 2018, 03:38:09 AM »
Fate/Grand Order

The best node for stockings opens up tomorrow but the second best one is available so I'm gonna get what I can from that. Using TamaLancer as my third is helping me 4-5 turn it. I haven't got a single CE drop yet so I think I won't be getting many boxes compared to Nero Fest.

Dragalia Lost

Levelling up is kind of a pain in the ass, the raid boss is a lot longer now so it takes like an hour to burn through your natural regen and then you level up and you're stuck for another hour. The best place to get bronze emblems is the 5 stamina one so you can get stuck there for hours if you do it that way. I think I'm just gonna use my stamina on dailies until the fgo event is over.

I had another epithet run with some randoms, everyone bringing Dragon Prep x3 is really the big difference. You can destroy the hands before he launches off any long animation attacks and then he's broken and immobile for most of the fight after that.

They handed out a free tenfold because the pity rate text was wrong. I forgot this even had pity rate so that's fine by me.

winstein

• Shine Sprite
  • Justice is not limited, it is a universal quality
    • View Profile
« Reply #19343 on: December 02, 2018, 09:49:42 AM »
Tembo: The Badass Elephant (PC)

So far I have beaten two Zones (in Mario terms, a Zone is equivalent to a World), and two levels in Zone 3. I think the game is nearing completion after beating 2 more levels in Zone 3 and a Boss, followed by what is most assuredly a final Boss.

Thank you for reading.
(Credit goes to Alex95 for this signature)

Amy Rose

• "Have no fear, Amy Rose is here!"
  • Poll Committee
  • Cheep-Cheep
  • MsRetroGeek
    • View Profile
« Reply #19344 on: December 02, 2018, 02:03:40 PM »
Pokemon: Let’s Go, Eevee!

I’m currently playing the newest Pokémon game to come to the Switch. It’s been pretty fun so far. I really like mechanic of having the Pokémon really use their move. Instead of it just being a normal stand still battle. There no longer is a random encounter feature to the game. Allowing you to easily try and run into a Pokémon you really want to capture. In my opinion this causes for a much more challenge in trying to gain experience points. The new added feature of having the trainers you battle give you pokeballs is another cool added bonus. Oh and of course playing with my Eevee is a great bonus feature that I’m glad they added <3.

A few days ago I managed to defeat Lt Surge. Thank god for poison. This morning I played through it a bit and I’m currently on my way to Lavender Town.

Miki Hoshii

• Celestial Guide
  • Crackin355
    • View Profile
« Reply #19345 on: December 02, 2018, 10:59:56 PM »
Fate/Grand Order

Best lottery node starts today, time to grind. I need to tweak my team a bit but I maxed out Rider Kintoki's charge skill for this so hopefully it goes well. I might have to settle with a 6 turn set up unless I get enough CE drops to limit break one of them. 100 stockings per run is good. 8 runs to clear a box, 2 less runs per box than the last node. I'm gonna aim for 30 boxes but anything more would be icing on the cake.

Kazuma

• Pedo-NEET
  • Star Spirit
  • Icemario
  • "yes I'm kazuma"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19346 on: December 05, 2018, 02:16:39 PM »
Splatoon 2

Tried to recover the meter I lost from connection issues yesterday, then proceeded to lose a bunch of matches on Blackbelly Skatepark (zones) because I still don't really know how to play that combination of map and mode effectively enough when at a disadvantage so my efforts were in partial vain.

In other news, the new Salmon Run map is amazing. A bit awkward using a charger in it feels like, but I love all the rails that sprawl about. I also really like the new Undercover Brella, that's been very good to me on Tower Control.

Miki Hoshii

• Celestial Guide
  • Crackin355
    • View Profile
« Reply #19347 on: December 05, 2018, 06:47:43 PM »
Fate/Grand Order

fat grind order is over. I only got to about 37~38 boxes but it's more than my goal so that's fine. I avoided burnout this time by taking it easy and having breaks occasionally. It won't be enough bones to satisfy Altera/Raikou but it's a good start, the other mats that were in it are also pretty annoying to get a hold of so time well spent.

My team was only able to 6 turn at best which really screwed over how quickly I could spam apples but I didn't have any good AoE assassins and/or double Waver so it couldn't be helped. I think I used up 50-60 full regens, I hit the level cap too. I feel bad for the guy that changed his message from 'rapid firing apples' to 'choking down quartz'; must've ran out of regen and started using currency for it.

Jumping right into Babylonia once maintenance is over, no brakes. I've got some tickets with Gorgon's name on it. It feels like the past week has been exciting in general with the new jp chapter and the imminent na chapter. I put Dragalia aside for a while but its events go for a long time so I'm safe to ignore it and still be able to complete it.

Pheromosa

• Extradimensional bug princess
  • Star Spirit
  • A51 Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #19348 on: December 06, 2018, 04:22:03 PM »
DK64

Finished a 101% run in 9 hours and 20 minutes, still hoping to get less than 9 hours someday

Miki Hoshii

• Celestial Guide
  • Crackin355
    • View Profile
« Reply #19349 on: December 06, 2018, 06:54:04 PM »
Fate/Grand Order

Merlin is funny as *bleep*. I've been trying some other characters out, Drake is nice. I'm glad I got her since she's never on rate-up. All these skill gems came in handy. My support screen is looking a little different now, I forgot I had Nitocris for too long. It's just good to have another chapter, 5 minutes of story before and after every node.

MarioFan632

• Koopa Troopa
    • View Profile
« Reply #19350 on: December 06, 2018, 11:27:34 PM »
Mario Kart: Double Dash!!

I haven't played this game in over a year. I played one round of All-Cup Tour on 50cc with the Purely Random Items code enabled, and I played with two controllers. My two teams were Peach and Paratroopa (P1), and Koopa Troopa and Baby Mario (P2). It's so fun playing with the Purely Random Items code, because you can get any item in any position which means you can get powerful items in 1st place. However, you can also get weak items in the lower places. I also like playing with two controllers because I can play as more characters.

In the end, Peach and Paratroopa (my first team) were in 1st place with 160 points, and Koopa Troopa and Baby Mario (my second team) were in 2nd with 128 points. Team Bowser and Bowser Jr. were in 3rd place and they were the only CPU team at the awards ceremony. I had fun playing this game, and I would like to play with Purely Random Items and two controllers again sometime.

Miki Hoshii

• Celestial Guide
  • Crackin355
    • View Profile
« Reply #19351 on: December 10, 2018, 03:13:59 AM »
Dragalia Lost

I finished the event, I kind of ignored it for 4-5 days and did the daily bonus stuff every day. I'm glad they're not that much to grind, I didn't go for anything past 3k gold because it's just exp after that. Got enough eldwater from the emblem ladder to promote Karina. I don't know if I'll promote someone else now or go for maxing Vanessa. I'm at Lv99 now, close to triple digits and 100 stamina cap. I'm curious what type the next event will be, if it's a Water facility then I'm ready to go.

Fate/Grand Order

I'm gonna spend apples to finish this, it's getting interesting but people are way ahead of me so I gotta avoid spoilers. Kind of sad I didn't get Ishtar from tickets now. If people weren't trying to get Merlin because he's op they would be trying to get him because he's such a good character. I like Ushi this chapter too, she was already good during Onigashima but she's making it clear. Every character is good, the *bleep*ing npc's are good.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

when quickplay is the most reliable way of getting 1v1's with low input delay but getting 1v1's at all is unreliable. FFA king right here. I might just play other games until they patch this into something usable. I should just do world of light while online is *bleep* but I like stickers just as much as I liked them in Brawl; i like to forget they exist.

Captain America

• Steve Rogers
  • Donkey Kong
  • GalacticPetey
  • Avengers Assemble
    • View Profile
« Reply #19352 on: December 10, 2018, 11:40:16 AM »

It's a good game.

Amy Rose

• "Have no fear, Amy Rose is here!"
  • Poll Committee
  • Cheep-Cheep
  • MsRetroGeek
    • View Profile
« Reply #19353 on: December 11, 2018, 05:50:53 PM »
Super Smash Bros Ultimate

It took me about three days to get every fighter on my roster. I'm currently playing World of Light, and I'm stuck on the Yarn Yoshi stage.
The stages in World of Light can be fairly challenging. I agree with GalacticPetey, it's a great game and would definitely recommend it.

Miki Hoshii

• Celestial Guide
  • Crackin355
    • View Profile
« Reply #19354 on: December 11, 2018, 06:58:30 PM »
Fate/Grand Order

When you beat the final boss but all it does is kill all your homies and turn your story into a alien horror massacre.

Snoadgamer

• Always ready for Christmas
  • King Bowser
  • Toadgamer
  • Snoad also known as Snow Toad.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19355 on: December 16, 2018, 03:06:30 AM »
Kirby Star Allies

So I beat Heroes In Another Dimension, but not with all hearts. And I take back what I said when I said Parallel Woods was difficult. Kracko wasn't too hard, neither was Meta Knight, since I didn't die to him. Dedede wasn't that easy, since I died at least once. I'm kinda happy they made Hyness' fight challenging, but it's a little too challenging. Even the first phase. And HOO BOY was the Mage Sister's battle hard! I only died once since I took the OPest ability in the game: Stone. So at the second attempt, I took the stone ability and three Magolors since Magolor is OP, but even then, it was extremely difficult. So I guess next time I play maybe I'll try Soul Melter EX, or maybe I'll try getting every heart in HIAD.
I need questions! | My wiki page
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone!

Miki Hoshii

• Celestial Guide
  • Crackin355
    • View Profile
« Reply #19356 on: December 16, 2018, 05:35:52 AM »
Fate/Grand Order

Babylonia was amazing, the bomb gets dropped and all of sudden it goes nuts. Everything is going to hell and nothing is effective, everybody is dead by the end but the master plan finally works and then the sickest sequence of battles start. None of them were hard but that was the point. I was wondering why people considered this the best Singularity during the first half but it definitely is. Camelot was more consistent overall though. Babylonia had more comedy and goofing around to balance out the apocalypse.

I used tickets to get Gorgon. Hopefully I can get Merlin but I guess it wouldn't be too bad to miss out since I expect a lot of my friends list to have Merlin the day he's out.

Dragalia Lost

Looks like there's a bunch of stuff coming very soon. Bow and Lance buffs are good, free 5* voucher and a new chapter. The half-cost story is helpful, I've been getting a ton of wyrmite from hard story mode. You can just auto it if you're busy and have built your 5 teams up decently. I've got a bunch of vouchers ready for Christmas Nef. Cleo is cute too but Nef. I'll get the dragon because I'm a dragon magnet. They've ditched new 3 star characters because barely anybody uses them and even if they want to their co-abilities and damage are gimped by their rarity even after promotion.

I got to play 7-player smash with some co-workers, it's pretty hectic. I think only one other person there really played it much. It was pretty fun though, I think one or two of them were taking it too seriously but I think they'd do that with every game.

Santa Yoshi

• The Christmas Yoshi
  • Dry Bowser
  • YoshiFlutterJump
    • View Profile
« Reply #19357 on: December 16, 2018, 11:46:09 AM »
It's been ages since I last posted here, but I'll give updates for three games in particular:

Kirby Star Allies (Switch)

Since I last posted here, I found all 120 Friend Hearts in Heroes in Another Dimension and got the perfect S Rank.  Then I played and finished four Guest Star runs as Magolor, Taranza, Susie, and the Three Mage-Sisters, respectively.  I also replayed the last section of the Guest Star runs for Adeleine and the Animal Friends so I could open their block rooms.  So now I've done a Guest Star run as every Dream Friend, and found all the block rooms.  All that's left now is Soul Melter EX in The Ultimate Choice, and I've gotten all the way to the Three Mage-Sisters fight with a team of the Three Mage-Sisters, Magolor, Marx, and Adeleine.  So yeah, I'm pretty close!

Mario Tennis Aces (Switch)

I got this game for my birthday, and since then I've collected two Power Stones in Adventure Mode, and played a bunch of matches with my brother.  I've also tried the minigames in Swing Mode, but the motion controls...really aren't great.  I've been a bit bugged by some other things as well.  Why can't I play more than one set in Exhibition when the game is clearly capable of those in Adventure Mode?  Why don't they make court selection simpler, and why can't I choose doubles partners?  The controls have been a bit tricky as well, but I'm starting to get used to them.

Super Mario Party (Switch)

I got this game for my birthday as well, and have played it a whole lot with my siblings since then.  I already have the Gems of Tenacity (Mario Party), Spirit (Sound Stage), and Courage (River Survival).  The remaining two Star Gems are from Partner Party and Challenge Road.  I also unlocked Dry Bones and DK, and I also unlocked all the minigames required to play Challenge Road.  Oh, and I forgot to mention that I love playing as Bowser and seeing him actually being constructive to the party for once.

Рождественский Малыш Луиджи

• Nick, you need to find a woman who hates herself, she'll love you.
  • Awards Committee
  • Mushroom Attendant
  • Baby Luigi
  • 🇷🇺 Малыш Луиджи 🇷🇺 – Патриотическая
    • View Profile
« Reply #19358 on: December 16, 2018, 09:39:27 PM »
Metro 2033 Redux

i killed nazis
RIP B. "Walkazo" Dalziel. December 16, 1991 to March 27, 2016.

Snow J

• J-Yoshi64
  • Dry Bowser
  • J-Yoshi64
  • Always remembering Walkazo
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #19359 on: December 16, 2018, 11:02:13 PM »
Smash Ultimate, of course. I unlocked Ken as the last fighter, so that was neat.
May Walkazo always be remembered on MarioWiki for years to come.
Follow me because I'm not a narcissist: https://twitter.com/JYoshi64 https://www.deviantart.com/just-call-me-j