Author Topic: What game did you last play?!?!?!?  (Read 1131997 times)

Miki Hoshii

• Sleeping Skill Level: Maxed
  • Celestial Guide
  • Crackin355
    • View Profile
Re: What game did you last play?!?!?!?
« Reply #19500 on: February 07, 2019, 07:43:43 AM »
Etrian Odyssey Nexus

I wasn't expecting to have the labyrinth boss fight thrown at me a few steps into the third floor, it had half the health but it was still like what the *bleep* that's not fair. I've pretty much used my skill points how I want to on my Arcanist for its Novice skill tree so I'll just save her points until the next one opens up. It turns out it really was just that single floor that was identical to EO4.. I don't know how much of it I have left but I imagine I'll be coming up against the full power boss of this labyrinth soon. I still think my team is sick. I tunnel vision on skills so hard that I tend to forget what my characters portraits look like, despite the portrait showing up every turn any time you have to use their action.

Fate/Grand Order

Valentines is here, I got Sith Lord Saber. This event always looked super confusing to me but I kind of get it. It's just basic farming with a stupid CE setup. I might grab a few of the Chocolate CE's and watch those scenes but practically they don't do much other than unlock the valentines dialogue. I might just get a few then go for mats that I really need. I was going to run through all my servants in the my room and unlock the birthday dialogue but I forgot, maybe I'll do it next year lol.

Cheeseburger in Paradise

• Nobody wants wants to get drunk and get loud.
  • King Bowser
  • George Jones
  • Founder of the Sharknado Clan, formed 2015
    • View Profile
    • My GameFAQs account
« Reply #19501 on: February 07, 2019, 04:11:00 PM »
Dark Souls Remastered.
I finally beat the Gaping Dragon, it is a hard boss. Got 20,000 souls by beating it. I also chopped off its tail for a powerful weapon.
  I am addicted to Felicia, the character in the image on the left.  R.I.P. George Jones, in the image in the center and J. D. Sumner, in the image on the right.

Miki Hoshii

• Celestial Guide
  • Crackin355
    • View Profile
« Reply #19502 on: February 07, 2019, 06:51:43 PM »
Etrian Odyssey Nexus

The boss fight against the Berserker King went about as well as I'd expect, having a War Magus to remove its strength buff helped a lot. Having no weakness to elements made my Zodiac and Highlander do less damage overall so I was pretty close to running out of TP. Unfortunately I was already spoiled on the surprise second boss fight but they let you heal and save before it. The Cernunnos fight was easier because of its Volt weakness, it hit harder and had a counter that I completely forgot about that wiped 2 of my front line but Paralysis landed twice and I had Shock Oils so when I was using normal attacks to conserve TP they were doing pretty good damage still.

Dream Stone Spirit

• Dry Bowser
  • YoshiFlutterJump
  • Fine! I'll be happy to...NOT TELL YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19503 on: February 08, 2019, 01:23:07 AM »
Super Mario Bros. 2: The Lost Levels (Wii)

This game is unforgiving.  That one word perfectly describes this game in a nutshell.  As such, unlike in my original run through SMB1, I'm gonna use warp zones.  I warped from World 1 to World 4, and that is where I currently stand at the moment.  I'm gonna try to get at least one star on the title screen before I move on to SMB3...but I bet that even with warp zones, it's gonna be a wild ride.

Louie

• ONLY FIVE CAN LADDER
  • King Bowser
  • NanoRim
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #19504 on: February 08, 2019, 01:43:52 AM »
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes (Nintendo Game Cube)

Last saved after defeating the Jump Guardian and getting the first Temple Key.

Miki Hoshii

• Celestial Guide
  • Crackin355
    • View Profile
« Reply #19505 on: February 08, 2019, 01:32:34 PM »
Etrian Odyssey Nexus

I feel like all my expectations on what to expect from an early dungeon are being flipped on its head. I wasn't expecting to be abducted into the final floor and unable to return to town, the biggest problem wasn't staying alive because of the free healing tent but my inventory was full really quick and I needed to get out and sell my spoils. It's nice that there seems to be npc's tied to each labyrinth, it gives each one its own little story.

I can go fight the boss now but I'm trying to update some of my armour. My Wyvern knowledge from the last few games tells me this boss will have a magic attack fully capable of ohko-ing a character so I might need to get some money for revives too. I do have a Highlander skill that boosts magic defense, I'll map out the area and save then see if that magic defense skill is worth its cost or if I still get one shotted. I don't have much confidence when it comes to the Wyvern. I'm nearly Lv20 so I could also just grind and unlock my next skill tree for it if I need to.

Esna

• Deserted water spirit
  • Star Spirit
  • A51 Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #19506 on: February 08, 2019, 04:26:04 PM »
Ever Oasis (3DS Demo)

It's a pretty fun game, and I'll replay the demo a few more times before I consider buying the full game. The game itself is an Action RPG developed by Grezzo (who made the 3DS remakes for Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask) and helmed by Koichi Ishii (known for Final Fantasy and World of Mana, who also runs this company).

Miki Hoshii

• Celestial Guide
  • Crackin355
    • View Profile
« Reply #19507 on: February 09, 2019, 02:31:16 AM »
Etrian Odyssey Nexus

I was afraid of the Wyvern until I found out Burning Ray was replaced with Feather Tickle Attack. I got to Lv20 before fighting it just by exploring a bit so I was able to get some handy skills from the new trees. I can attribute most of my success in that boss battle to it being paralyzed for roughly 60% of the entire thing and getting good rng on said paralysis. My Arcanist usually just throws down its Circles and defends but if it ain't broke.

This game leans towards brutal random encounters over boss fights. I haven't wiped in a random encounter but I sure have reset the game when the first fight I get into results in 2-3 of my party members dead after the first turn. It's usually just certain enemy configurations but there was one in Labyrinth 3 that kicked my ass every time, the Rainbow Slime + 2 Coconut Tree killer combo. AoE Sleep -> Multi-Hit Coconuts x2 for massive damage, no mercy only coconuts.

Shygul

• Nikaido Saki
  • Donkey Kong
    • View Profile
    • my new website plz check it out and share on facebook
« Reply #19508 on: February 10, 2019, 01:03:15 PM »
Red Dead Redemption 2

a train hit my horse so i proceeded to start killing everyone on it but uh bounty hunters showed up and got me. my next plan of vengence is to find an engineer, tie him up, and then run him over with his own train. my horse will be avenged

Miki Hoshii

• Celestial Guide
  • Crackin355
    • View Profile
« Reply #19509 on: February 10, 2019, 06:02:07 PM »
Etrian Odyssey Nexus

I did a sub-dungeon that had a lot of FOE's that has AoE Instant Death attacks but had low accuracy. It wasn't intentional but the easiest way to deal with their puzzle rooms was just to fight them and 2-turn kill them because they were extremely weak to Ice and Paralysis. FOE's shouldn't go down that easily but I unintentionally got a *bleep* ton of exp and money from just trying to progress. I don't have money problems anymore and I might be slightly over levelled.

The boss was the Golem who was an *bleep* not because he was hard but because he just spammed the same magic counter every turn which would always kill my Zodiac and Highlander. Hero could bypass the counter but I had to revive the other two numerous times. "He wouldn't dare use it a fourth time in a row" Golem used Reflection "*bleep*ing piece of *bleep*"

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

I wanted to test my new tv, good thing I did because I needed to change the settings around a bit to remove the input lag it had. Earlier in the day I had so many 3-stock reverse comebacks that made me feel real good about myself and I was riding that high until night where I got pooped on by everyone. I will always remember making the comeback at 110% with Ridley against a Plant with 3 stocks.

I was just playing with reflexes I didn't even know I had that morning compared to night where I was dropping my spaghetti all over the floor.

Baby Luigi

• Yeah, hahaha, a little bit more hand sanitizer and we wouldn't be in this mess.
  • Mushroom Attendant
  • 🇷🇺 Малыш Луиджи 🇷🇺 сырная бл🧀🧀🧀 Тарелка!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19510 on: February 10, 2019, 09:41:51 PM »
Singularity

Great game, love the concept of time manipulation on solving puzzles and killing things but the text really shouldn't be in faux Cyrillic, it's a nuisance trying to read some of the signs until you realize that it's actually gibberish and that it's supposed to just be Latin-ized Cyrillic characters.
RIP B. "Walkazo" Dalziel. December 16, 1991 to March 27, 2016.

Louie

• ONLY FIVE CAN LADDER
  • King Bowser
  • NanoRim
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #19511 on: February 10, 2019, 10:36:43 PM »

After a few failed attempts, I beat the infamous Boost Guardian and got the Boost Ball back. The Inglets were honestly more of a nuisance than the the boss itself just because they kept getting in the way when I was trying to maneuver around the stage and dodge the Guardian's boost ball attack, but thankfully at least the last Save Station wasn't too far back so even if I died it wouldn't be that long of a trek to reach the boss again. (From what I've heard, the Spider Guardian isn't as generous in that regard so I better tread carefully when I reach it.)

--

Pokemon Rumble (Nintendo Wii)

First time experiencing this game outside of the demo version although I have played later entries in the series like Pokemon Rumble Blast and a little bit of Pokemon Rumble World beforehand. It's just as fun and addictive as the others although the main "story" is rather short and simple: Basically in a world of living toy Pokemon that still retain their ability to use moves and battle each other (but are unable to grow or level up from it) exists a tournament to determine who is the most powerful of the toy Pokemon. One day a lowly Rattata decides to sneak into the tournament through a gap between the gates but swiftly gets it's head handed to it in the Battle Royale just as quickly as it got in and is booted back out to the terminal before the gap between the gates close. (I guess it wasn't top percent enough.)

You then travel through six areas battling and befriending stronger Pokemon before challenging the tournament again, succeed and head to the B-rank tournament, travel through the same six areas again but with even stronger Pokemon to befriend this time, rinse and repeat until you reach the S-rank tournament where you eventually battle Mewtwo (who might I add, has a pretty sweet boss theme here) and become the champion of the Battle Royale. Roll credits.

Gotta say I felt a little bad for Rattata the moment I had to swap it out for a stronger 'mon, knowing that it was perpetually unable to grow stronger and that I was unlikely to use it again. :/

Miki Hoshii

• Celestial Guide
  • Crackin355
    • View Profile
« Reply #19512 on: February 11, 2019, 01:17:03 AM »
Etrian Odyssey Nexus

I attempted to defeat Fenrir early before tackling the last floor of Waterfall Wood but I can't seem to finish him off once he's down to his last 10% of health. My whole team falls apart the moment someone dies near the end, I can't revive them without dying and the debuffs on Fenrir have usually worn off by then. Those reinforcements are a *bleep*ing pain in the ass. I haven't upgraded my equipment since the last dungeon so that's probably making it harder than it needs to be. I do have some Bravant's but I don't want to waste them on this stupid dog.

Shygul

• Nikaido Saki
  • Donkey Kong
    • View Profile
« Reply #19513 on: February 11, 2019, 03:11:00 AM »
Red Dead Redemption 2

so i did stop a train but i pussied out of trying to tie the driver up so i just shot him and made a run for it. got away successfully. also found this dude locked up in the basement of a gunsmith and being forced into some weird ass ageplay *bleep* so i killed the owner and liberated him and then walked around town greeting everyone in sight to raise my karma or w/e. which was all cool and going good but then this one dude i greeted called me an asswipe so i blew his head. the law of course tried to arrest me for this but i resisted and killed 3 of them before getting shot to death myself

good game

Miki Hoshii

• Celestial Guide
  • Crackin355
    • View Profile
« Reply #19514 on: February 11, 2019, 05:29:40 AM »
Etrian Odyssey Nexus

Finished up the last floor of Waterfall Wood and killed Narmer, he doesn't run away when you fight him this time. It's a good thing that I've aimed to give my backline more DEF than MDF because that Earthquake attack brought my backline into critical health every time. I was a bit worried I'd fail at the end because I didn't expect the fight to last so long but it all worked out. I also retried Fenrir but fought the reinforcements on the map beforehand, if you can't bring them all down to low health simultaneously you'll just have an infinite swarm of wolves to fight but they do disappear from the map as a result and it makes Fenrir as easy as he was in prior games where no reinforcements even reach him before he is dead.

Spoiler: mega catfish boss team (click to show/hide)

Also I unlocked the Vampire ring, now I can give people red eyes and immortality.

Louie

• ONLY FIVE CAN LADDER
  • King Bowser
  • NanoRim
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #19515 on: February 11, 2019, 06:26:46 AM »

I got lost for a bit in the Torvus Bog when I resumed from my previous save, I forgot what I was doing but I was in Hydrodynamo Station with no way to progress forward due to the water hindering Samus' movement and no way to open the purple hatch at the bottom so I decided to backtrack back to the Torvus temple thinking that maybe I might've missed some important dialogue from that Luminoth guy's hologram. Apparently I missed a missile upgrade that allows me to locks onto multiple targets at once which is needed for the purple hatches and decided to backtrack back to the Temple Grounds to go grab it.

I returned to the Torvus Bog afterwards and made my way back to the Hydrodynamo Station, spent about twenty minutes progressing through it only to die to the Alpha Blogg after obtaining the Gravity Boost and was promptly booted back to my last save. I am thankful that I at least had the common sense to save when I returned to Torvus Bog so I didn't lose the Seeker Missiles (or else I would've been a LOT more frustrated), but still a little annoyed that I'll have to go through the Hydrodynamo Station again.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 01:56:09 PM by Raphael the Raven »

Dream Stone Spirit

• Dry Bowser
  • YoshiFlutterJump
    • View Profile
« Reply #19516 on: February 12, 2019, 11:53:08 AM »
Kirby Star Allies (Switch)

Played through Heroes in Another Dimension again and got 106 Friend Hearts, which was enough to qualify for the good ending.  It's a fun mode and the challenge is welcome.  It is a bit of a shame that you don't have the fun of switching Copy Abilities, but I guess that just adds to the challenge, right?  Oh, and a shoutout to the overpowered Plasma ability for helping me defeat the Three Mage-Sisters without allies.

Cheeseburger in Paradise

• Nobody wants wants to get drunk and get loud.
  • King Bowser
  • George Jones
  • Founder of the Sharknado Clan, formed 2015
    • View Profile
    • My GameFAQs account
« Reply #19517 on: February 12, 2019, 09:27:28 PM »
Dark Souls Remastered.
So I went into this painting world from Andor Londo. I was stuck there for FIVE hours. I finally got the skeletons that literally attack using a wheel and rolls at you for a while. Eats at your stamina or health because of the long roll and can kill you easily in groups of two or more. I beat them up and got to an optional boss, Crossbreed Priscilla. You don't need to beat her to get outta the infamous painting, I decided to take the hard route. I defeated her and got out of that painting. I will NEVER go in there again with the horrors I have seen inside. And the boss is hard and I fought a hell of a fight to get out.
  I am addicted to Felicia, the character in the image on the left.  R.I.P. George Jones, in the image in the center and J. D. Sumner, in the image on the right.

Dream Stone Spirit

• Dry Bowser
  • YoshiFlutterJump
    • View Profile
« Reply #19518 on: February 13, 2019, 10:38:58 PM »
Kirby's Adventure (Switch)

Finally dealt with the internet problems my Switch had lately, so I updated my NES Online app so I could play this!  Haven't played too much yet, but I've already cleared Vegetable Valley.  Whispy Woods was easy even back then, it seems.  In fact, he was even easier than in the modern games!  But I'm having a lot of fun with this game outside of teasing Whispy Woods.  I plan to play a lot more soon, and play the Yoshi demo and Tetris 99.

Shygul

• Nikaido Saki
  • Donkey Kong
    • View Profile
« Reply #19519 on: February 13, 2019, 11:05:11 PM »
Read Dead Redemption 2

doing the main story quests as i've been just dicking around now for far too long lol. broke the micah dude out of jail and now im on my way to blackwater to rescue some other dude from bounty hunters. would've rescued micah sooner if i'd known i'd be able to duel wield pistols after breakin him out.