Recent Forum Changes

Ghost Jam

A call to action? A call to arms!
Retired Wiki Staff
Because I know there will be a few questions about why a few things look different, here is a list of the recent changes made to the forum in the last 24 hours:

- Stooben, Ninji and myself are now Forum Administrators.
- Nintendo Wifi was changed to Online Gaming.
- Mario (board) and Donkey Kong (board) were deleted, their topics merged into Marioverse.
- There is now a Smash Bros sub-board for Marioverse.
- Chat Ops now have their own board.
- We have a new board theme, called Dark Bowser. You can access it by: Profile > Look and Layout > Current Theme

I have something else I'm currently working on board-wise that I think you'll all like (or maybe not, I don't know).

Questions, comments or concerns can be posted below.

Glad to see that new skin finally put to good use.

Thank you both for your compliments. :)

nice theme, we already needed a new one

I really like the new theme, but (on my PC at least) there's just a big empty black space at the top of the forum. It's great, otherwise.

Also, thanks for the Smash Bros. sub-forum. :)

Crow T. Robot said:
I really like the new theme, but (on my PC at least) there's just a big empty black space at the top of the forum. It's great, otherwise.
Well, Mystic Jade (the base template for this skin), tends to do that. I'll see if I can get it redesigned, but it probably won't happen.
Crow T. Robot said:
Also, thanks for the Smash Bros. sub-forum. :)
You're very welcome. =)

I like the new theme, not because it's Bowser, but because it has nice colors and makes the forum cooler looking.

I'm currently using the Bowser's Castle theme, it's nice because it's far better than the boring default.

BTW, I like it so much that it's also my theme on Xephyr. :)

Glad to see so many people like it. :)

We have four new Local Moderators.

General Discussion -- Shyguy27
Marioverse -- Master Lucario
Off-Subject Discussion -- Neurario
Mindless Junk -- Smiddle

Our forum was also upgraded to version 1.1.8 of SMF, for anyone who didn't notice.

$†øøߥ said:
We have four new Local Moderators.

General Discussion -- Shyguy27
Marioverse -- Master Lucario
Off-Subject Discussion -- Neurario
Mindless Junk -- Smiddle
Oo, neat.

Tucayo said:
im a chat op, and i cant access that board :(
The Ops agreed Patrollers should not be given auto-Op status.

I understand deleting the Mario forum, but why the Donkey Kong one? If WarioWare is considered to be a seperate franchise from the Mario series, then why can't Donkey Kong Country?

1. He actually is quite active. (Check his forum stats, if you don't believe me.)
2. Those boards are easily our busiest boards.

1. He's fifth-most active. Sure, a lot of users aren't too far behind him in activity, but there's more to it than just that.

2. Well, come to think of it, Forum Games is more active than General Discussion; but it's not like it needs any more moderation there than the G-Mods give.

1. Responsibility, a good attitude, experience. He met the criteria for a moderator.
2. A lot more topics get closed, moved, and the like in that board.

1. I'll admit to the fact that he's not as active as some users, but he has been quite active as of late, making several posts a day. I've seen him on for at least 3 hours a day.
2. Some were, yes. Others were topics that were made in the wrong board, or were completely unnecessary.

Okay, I'm in a good mood. What board do you see more in need of a moderator than General Discussion?

Back