Peach's independence in games

Is it safe to say Super Mario 3D World is the second game to feature Peach being able to fend for herself? Because very VERY rarely, Peach has shown she's capable of tackling the bad guys and not relying on Mario to save her ass from Bowser. The only other game that I know of that shows her independence level is Super Princess Peach. What do you think?

uh, does the sports games count

Peach's ability to defend herself will come and go as the "plot" needs her to.

Does Peach's revolt and escape in Super Mario 3D Land count? Veering off topix, now that I think about it, wouldn't it be great if you can control Peach in intermissions like in Paper Mario, but they're platforming segments involving Peach escaping?

But honestly, I don't see how her role in Paper Mario 1 and 2 should be downplayed either. She's courageous and wonderful, being able to figure out the tricks and secrets in Bowser's Castle despite, well, it's Bowser we're dealing with, she's terrified of that monster. Mario really needed her help in those games, right?

Cartoondude135 said:
Dr. Baby Luigi said:
uh, does the sports games count

And.............. What sports games would you be referring to?

Dunno, games like Mario Strikers Charged in general, all Mario Party games, her winning tournaments in Mario sports, etc.

My headcanon is that her magic abilities and strength are drained when she's captive. Like some kind of comic book superhero weakness or something.

Mcmadness said:
Peach's ability to defend herself will come and go as the "plot" needs her to.

Pretty much this. She was created as the end goal, the damsel in distress. Yet she is fully capable of battling the likes of Bowser on her own anyway.

Headcanon is everyone is all actors and just making things fun for people. Only explanation how Mario and Bowser can be mortal enemies one moment and then best buds the next, which would also explain Peach's ability to just do whatever the heck she wants.

Headcanon.

Mario just likes to run and jump and doesn't need a princess getting kidnapped to do that.

Dr. Mario said:
Does Peach's revolt and escape in Super Mario 3D Land count? Veering off topix, now that I think about it, wouldn't it be great if you can control Peach in intermissions like in Paper Mario, but they're platforming segments involving Peach escaping?

But honestly, I don't see how her role in Paper Mario 1 and 2 should be downplayed either. She's courageous and wonderful, being able to figure out the tricks and secrets in Bowser's Castle despite, well, it's Bowser we're dealing with, she's terrified of that monster. Mario really needed her help in those games, right?

Well she did kick Bowser's ass once.

But not even Nintendo remembers that game. Does it really exist?

I do appreciate that Peach is willing to save the Sprixie Princesses in 3D World, since she was the first to go after him. How come Bowser kidnapped the Sprixie Princesses and not Peach? I assume it had to do with some powers the fairies had or something.

Peach can kick ass as we've seen her do in Super Mario Bros. 2 USA, Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, Super Princess Peach, Super Paper Mario, Super Mario 3D World, Super Mario Run, and more recently, Mario and Rabbids: Kingdom Battle. I don't care if some of those games were "side games" as Peach's haters call it. They still count. Peach is capable of fending herself out but then she needs to be the plot device for most of the time because Nintendo wants to maintain tradition as much as I am sick and tired of her being kidnapped. I just want Peach to show her haters "who's bad" like Michael Jackson. I am still waiting for a new Mario platformer where Peach is playable along with Daisy.

You make the most random comparisons.

I like Baby Luigi the way I like a Level 3 CPU Wario taunting and being pushed to a motion sensor bomb and then killing him.

Saltman said:
To be fair, a random ass comparison may sometimes be accurate.

Sure but.....Michael Jackson's Bad?

idk I thought he was joking. But if he was being serious, I still like him for making me laugh at the thought of Peach singing I'm Bad, dancing and grunting Michael Jackson style.

it was not a good comparison, done.

Also from the ''main'' games or at least that are platformers, aside from SMB2 and the advance remake , Super Princess Peach also exists.

We have 3D World, but in SPP you can only play as Peach and putting aside the ''steretypical'' mood swings in females topic, i think the game is great and showcases Peach's true potential as a sole protagonist.

As a side note, i always wondered why Peach's signature float wasn't in that game but i guess it would have been redundant with the Joy ability of flying...

Yeah. She can do it without a parasol and now that she has one it's suddenly not possible.

Still hoping for it to get a sequel one day but I ain't holding my breath.

Back