Your team of 6 species from throughout the Mario series, in the vein of Pokemon?

winstein

Justice is not limited, it is a universal quality
Awards Committee
MarioWiki
winstein
The Mario series has a very interesting roster of monsters introduced throughout the games, under the label "enemies". Despite this though, there hasn't been a dedicated game that focuses on raising a selection of them, unlike what a few games did, such as Dragon Quest (Monsters series), Final Fantasy (World of Final Fantasy) and obviously Pokemon. I guess the "Bowser's Minions" portion of the Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga remake (and the Bowser Jr.'s Journey portion in the Bowser's Inside Story remake) is the closest to fulfilling the concept, but since I never delve into that game I can't say for sure.

Anyway, let's imagine for a moment that there is a game where you can have a team of Mario monsters, similar to how Pokemon lets a player have 6 Pokemon in a team at any one time. In that case, what would be your choices?

I suppose it's fair that I should start first, since I am after all the one who started this topic. I will probably go with the following:
- Koopa Troopa
- Yoshi
- Skipsqueak
- Big Boo
- Lakitu
- Flutter

Thank you for reading.

Imma name my team as well: Shell Stoppers (pun on Show Stoppers)
- Koopa Troopa
- Buzzy Beetle
- Spiny
- Terra Cotta
- Koopatrol
- Tub-O Troopa

oh thats a super interesting question.... ill be going with just enemies here
  • dry bones beause dry bones is wonderful and also they can just keep fighting on
  • sledge bro as the local Absolute Unit. a Tank.
  • parabiddybud for team mascot also it flies
  • gushen as a Super Fast method of travel
  • ninjis can sneak up on things i think. could be useful
  • oh crap i need a ranged fighter.. uhh....a magikoopa?

koopa paratroopa
amp
boo
buzzy beetle
goonie
dizzy dandy
blargg

Bear
Boo
Crazee Dayzee
Milde
Bumpty
Spindrift

~ Koopatrol
~ Broozer
~ Duplighost
~ Chargin' Chuck
~ Rex
~ Blargg

Ray Trace said:
koopa paratroopa
amp
boo
buzzy beetle
goonie
dizzy dandy
blargg

That's 7

no it's 4

Is 4 seven in russian

cardinal or ordinal?

.......yes

fun fact: you can make an entire team out of frogs
Bopping Toady, Frog Pirate, Kleptoad, Frog, Jumper, Pea Frog

also crabs
Sidestepper, Maizō, Clawdaddy, Crab, Crabber, Huckit Crab

it would have been funny if i just said one of those was my team and that was my whole post but i actually want to make a real one so i'm going to ruin the joke
also Onnanoko is listed as an enemy so she technically counts and is very tempting but i'm pretty sure she's an individual and not a species so it wouldn't really be in the spirit of the thread

Crazee Dayzee
Bumpty
Blooper
Pattan
Frog
Crab

Honorable mentions:

Spindrift, Sherm, Mr. Blizzard, Bandit, Bob-omb, Shy Guy, Whale, Thwomp

You ever play Puzzle & Dragons: SMB Edition? That sounds like what you're looking for, as you recruit a group of enemies, level them up, and evolve them. Only catch is that it plays completely differently from Pokemon.

Anyway...

-Galoomba
-Koopa Paratroopa
-Boo
-King Bill
-Rex
-Bob-omb

YoshiFlutterJump said:
You ever play Puzzle & Dragons: SMB Edition? That sounds like what you're looking for, as you recruit a group of enemies, level them up, and evolve them. Only catch is that it plays completely differently from Pokemon.

Anyway...

-Galoomba
-Koopa Paratroopa
-Boo
-King Bill
-Rex
-Bob-omb

I did play that game. In fact, I played both the Puzzle & Dragons Z and the Mario version. While they indeed have this, I am more so referring to the concept of a trainer training all the monsters, similar to Pokemon (and Dragon Quest Monsters).

Thank you for reading.

Back