A Thought Experiment

Borp

Lakitu
I've already asked this on the Discord, but I decided I wanted more results so I made this thread.

Here's a thought experiment for y'all:

Assume they're making a Mario fighting game (as in, a proper fighter like Marvel vs. Capcom).

Assume the roster can only fit up to 28 fighters.

Assume the following fighters are already included:
Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Rosalina, Bowser Jr., Piranha Plant, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, King K. Rool, Yoshi, Wario

Who do you want for the remaining 16 fighters?

Simply make a list and I'll add to my running tally. Feel free to include explanations, but this isn't required. If you already voted on the Discord you don't have to vote again here. I won't post the current tally until after people here start voting.

ashley

Koopalings, Koopa Troopas, Goombas, Hammer Bros, Boos, other Mario enemies.

Waluigi, Kamek, Hammer Bro, Paper Mario, Geno, Mallow, Fawful, Cackletta, Pauline, King Boo, E. Gadd, Vivian, Dimentio, Funky Kong, Ashley, ....Toad

Daisy, Toad, Toadette, Koopalings, Boom Boom, Pom Pom, Birdo, Waluigi, Kamek, and Pauline

Assume the following fighters are already included:
Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Rosalina, Bowser Jr., Piranha Plant, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, King K. Rool, Yoshi, Wario
Smart. An anime girl, and makes sense considering the default is from the Smash roster, and Ashley's song plays on Wario's stage making her an actual consideration.

Toad, Toadette, Daisy, Waluigi, E. Gadd, Kamek, Birdo, Fawful, Pauline, and I can't think of anyone else so fill up the rest of the spots with the Koopalings.

Cynical me reckons they'd fill it out with alt colour Yoshis, Koopa kids or metal/tanooki/suit alts.

You listed 12 so these are the ones I'd expect after, assuming no dupes:
1. Mario
2. Luigi
3. Peach
4. Bowser
5. Rosalina
6. Bowser Jr.
7. Piranha Plant
8. Donkey Kong
9. Diddy Kong
10. King K. Rool
11. Yoshi
12. Wario
--------------------
13. Daisy
14. Waluigi
15. Toad / Captain Toad
16. Toadette
17. Koopa
18. Boo / King Boo
19. Birdo
20. Hammer Bro
21. Kamek
22. Baby Mario
23. Wart
24. Funky Kong
25. Monty Mole
26. Bob omb
27. Nabbit
28. Sprixie

Truly scraping the bottom of the barrel for some of them.

Decided to include a home stage just for kicks:

1. Wart - Subcon World 7

2. Dr. Mario - "Dr. Mario's Clinic" (original)

3. Funky Kong - Funky's Fly n' Buy

4. Kamek - Bowser's Castle (Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island)

5. Waluigi - Waluigi's Island (Mario Party 3) or a new version of Waluigi Pinball

6. Paper Mario - Ruddy Road

7. Dry Bowser - World 8 (New Super Mario Bros. Wii, with a more battle-styled remix of the world map theme)

8. Mr. L - The Whoa Zone

9. Gooigi - Last Resort Hotel

10. King Boo - Luigi's Mansion Rooftop (featuring a remix of that game's final battle theme)

11. Captain Syrup - Kitchen Island

12. Ashley - Diamond City

13. The Millennium Star - That arena you face him on in Mario Party 3

14. Tatanga (in that mech he pilots) - Sarasaland

15. Prince Peasley - Beanbean Kingdom

16. Super Team Robot - Stormship Stadium (despite not being playable in the game it comes from)

17. Airashi Furuya (I'm joking with this one; she's a Mario fan character of mine. I couldn't resist!)

The default 8: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, Toad, Koopa Troopa, Donkey Kong, Wario

Probably unlockable: Bowser, Daisy, Rosalina, Birdo, Toadette, Bowser Jr., Diddy Kong, Waluigi, Pauline, Koopalings, Baby Mario, Baby Luigi, Baby Peach, Baby Daisy, Boom Boom, Pom Pom, King Boo, E. Gadd, Kamek, Mii

Wishful thinking: Koopa Kid

Nonsensical: J, Siph, Z, Buggy, KK, Meralde, Millie, Marmalade, Kai, Lichen

Back