Would you want to see a Smash Bros. edition of Monopoly Gamer?

Xgouki

I am my own waifu
Given the format of the Super Mario and Mario Kart games, and considering that there are 70+ playable characters, I have a feeling that a Smash edition of Monopoly Gamer could make for an interesting collectible miniatures game of sorts.

Granted, I haven't played Monopoly Gamer yet (I own a copy but haven't had a chance to play against anyone), so I'm not sure how the rules would work (would anyone be able to weigh in on that?). But "unlocking" characters could work just like in the actual game: the base game comes with character tokens of the 8 starting characters, and unlockable characters are released in "waves" where each one has a different rarity. Characters unlocked early like Inkling and Zelda could be more common, while characters unlocked late like Mewtwo and Palutena could be more rare. Chase tokens could be alternate costume versions of the starter characters, like Wedding Mario and Tunic of the Wild Link.

The "collector's edition" could come with an extra token of a DLC character, likely Joker due to his popularity.

That would be very interesting to see, but I doubt they’ll want to release all 70+ characters.

Star-Lord said:
That would be very interesting to see, but I doubt they'll want to release all 70+ characters.

That's why it'd be halfway between a collectible miniatures game (like HeroClix) and a board game. They wouldn't release all 70+ at once, but would have different blind-packed expansion sets.

It'd also be interesting to think of how Pokémon Trainer could work. Maybe they could release a "Pokémon Trainer Collector Set" that comes with the male Trainer and his three Pokémon, where you move both the Trainer and one Pokémon simultaneously with the ability to swap them out. Aside from that, the Trainer could have a team-supporting ability of some kind, and each Pokémon would have a different ability. The female Trainer could be a chase figure in the concurrent booster set.

Sure. When two people land on the same property, instead of paying rent, they go to the stage the space represents and battle to see who pays the other just to prolong the game even more.

Moldomré: The Crossover Episode said:
Sure. When two people land on the same property, instead of paying rent, they go to the stage the space represents and battle to see who pays the other just to prolong the game even more.

I imagine it would be a dice roll sort of deal, and the characters would have different stats and abilities so the battles work like in HeroClix.

Update:

The Overwatch edition of Monopoly Gamer just came out. I was super excited for it, seeing as the Mario editions are super neat and the tokens make nice little collectibles. But the Overwatch tokens (which depict realistic humans) are really underwhelming. Whereas the Mario tokens had generally great paint jobs (save for the Bowser in the Special Edition) and captured the characters perfectly, the OW ones have no faces and only 2 or 3 colors and generally look like dollar-store blind bag figures, with sloppy and imprecise paint detail. Which is a shame, since the sculpted detail on them is generally very very nice (kudos to the D.Va for featuring a full tiny sculpted D.Va torso with head and arms inside her mech cockpit).

If Hasbro were to make a Smash edition of Monopoly Gamer, I really hope the same fate doesn't befall the realistic humans of Smash, and we get a Link that looks roughly the same as the super undetailed, boring and cheap rider version of him on the Rider Link amiibo. Wizards of the Coast (a division of Hasbro) has made collectible miniatures before, and while some of them looked kinda crappy, they were still leagues ahead of these new Overwatch figures.

Star-Lord said:
Wait, how would DLC Figures work? Would it be the same as normal figures, or do you have to pay extra?

(And I will change your mind. Endgame. Do I need to say more?)

They'd probably be the same as normal figures. The Special Edition of the game could probably come with a Joker figure as a bonus.

(Endgame is the better movie of course, but Bumblebee is more blessed because it gave us an amazing, heartfelt Transformers movie in a series that satisfied itself on phoning it in, providing dumb mindless action and destroying the Transformers franchise with it. Whereas the MCU was already good.)

Back