Author Topic: How do I put music on my SD card so it will appear on Nintendo 3DS sound?  (Read 115 times)

Hank Williams Jr.

• Hasta la vista, baby!
  • Dry Bowser
  • George Jones
  • Founder of the Sharknado Clan, formed 2015
    • View Profile
    • My GameFAQs account
I'm planning on putting some of my music from my CDs and a few Queen songs. Under what format do I need  in order for it to show up? Also do I need to go into my SD card's Nintendo 3DS files for it to show up?
  I am addicted to Felicia, the character in the image on the left.  R.I.P. George Jones, in the image in the center and J. D. Sumner, in the image on the right.

Princess Mario

• Mushroom Kingdom's Most 🦄Fabulous🦄 Wario Killer
  • Donkey Kong
  • LeftyGreenMario
  • R.I.P. Walkazo December 16, 1991 - March 27, 2016
    • View Profile
    • RationalWiki
You probably need .wav. I think putting them in whatever folder is fine, but you can use root of the SD card just for easy test.

Bandana Waddle Dee

• The Legend of Dee
  • Shine Sprite
  • YoshiFlutterJump
    • View Profile
Standard MP3s work afaik; MP4s work too.  There's a full list of supported formats in the 3DS Sound digital manual.

Also I believe you can put your music files anywhere on the card; I just put them in a folder titled "Music" under "DCIM".

Hank Williams Jr.

• Hasta la vista, baby!
  • Dry Bowser
  • George Jones
  • Founder of the Sharknado Clan, formed 2015
    • View Profile
    • My GameFAQs account
Yeah, I'm wondering what type the CDs have it filewise. I should of mentioned that in my original post.
  I am addicted to Felicia, the character in the image on the left.  R.I.P. George Jones, in the image in the center and J. D. Sumner, in the image on the right.

Bandana Waddle Dee

• The Legend of Dee
  • Shine Sprite
  • YoshiFlutterJump
    • View Profile
Yeah, I'm wondering what type the CDs have it filewise. I should of mentioned that in my original post.
Just rip the CDs and look at the file extensions.

Princess Mario

• Mushroom Kingdom's Most 🦄Fabulous🦄 Wario Killer
  • Donkey Kong
  • LeftyGreenMario
  • R.I.P. Walkazo December 16, 1991 - March 27, 2016
    • View Profile
    • RationalWiki
It's probably going to be in .mp3 but if it's any format 3DS sound doesn't support, you can probably use online converters or Audacity to convert stuff.