Mario Kart vehicle aesthetic tier list

LeftyGreenMario

Working toward a diva-free community
Wiki Administrator
Pronouns
she/her
MarioWiki
Mario
Mario Tier: top notch design, pleasing to look at or fun to be on, use it on most sessions of Mario Kart, Mario's choice of kart when I use him.

PrancerBodyMK8.png
800px-MK7_Royal_Ribbon.png
682px-Mkdd_heart_coach.jpg

S Tier: top notch design, pleasing to look at or fun to be on, sounds great.
FlameRiderBodyMK8.png
WildWing-DiddyKong.png
Sugarscoot-Daisy.png
MK8CityTripper.png
Hunter_Bee.jpg
WildWigglerBodyMK8.png
Turbo_Dolphin.jpg
GLA-MK8.png
TinyTitan-DryBones.png
MKAGPDX_Mario_Special_9.jpg
MK8PWing.png
Blooper_Diver.jpg
JetBikeBodyMK8.png
MKAGPDX_Mario_Special_4.jpg
Mach_Pegasus.jpg
300SLRoadster-MK8.png
TheDukeBodyMK8.png
Honeycoupe-KingBoo.png
MKAGPDX_Mario_Special_1.jpg
Sprinter-BowserJr.png
MKAGPDX_Mario_Special_11.jpg
MachBike-Peach.png
SportBikeBodyMK8.png
DolphinDasher-DiddyKong.png
800px-Hurricanemodel.png
SportsCoupeMK8.png
MK8BoneRattler.png
Paradekartart.jpg
Jetsetter-Wario.png
MK7_Blue_Seven.png
MKAGPDX_Mario_Special_2.jpg
MKAGPDX_Mario_Special_10.jpg
JetBubble-Toad.png
CircuitSpecialBodyMK8.png
MiniBeast-Toad.png
MK7_Soda_Jet.png
MK7_Growlster.png
BadwagonBodyMK8.png
Ultra_Leon.jpg
Hamburcar.jpg
Sneakster-Luigi.png
StandardATVBodyMK8.png
800px-Wario_Car_MKDD_art.jpg
Daytripper-Mario.png
Waluigiracer.jpg

A Tier: great design, like the sound, use occasionally, might be set back by other minor things (especially if it's restricted to a weight class I can't use so I can't appreciate it) or just don't like quite as much as the top tiers
678px-GooGoobuggy.jpg
Spear-DryBowser.png
Quacker-BabyDaisy.png
MrScootyBodyMK8.png
Phantom-KingBoo.png
MKAGPDX_Mario_Special_8.jpg
ShootingStar-Rosalina.png
MKAGPDX_Waluigi_Kart.jpg
MKAGPDX_Mario_Special_7.jpg
CatCruiserBodyMK8.png
MKAGPDX_Bowser_Kart.jpg
Tanooki-Buggy.png
800px-Mkdd_koopa_king.jpg
MK8MasterCycle.png
MK8D_Master_Cycle_Zero.png
Toadkart.jpg
800px-Zipper.png
BitBike-KoopaTroopa.png
MKAGPDX_Wario_Kart.jpg
MK7_Bolt_Buggy.png
800px-MK7_Pipe_Frame.png
Steel_Driver.png
MK7_Tiny_Tug.png
MKAGPDX_Mario_Special_3.jpg
MK7_Bumble_V.png
MK7_Zucchini.png
ZipZip-Birdo.png
MK7_Barrel_Train.png
Barreltrain.jpg
MK7_Toad-Standard_Kart.png
W25SilverArrow-MK8.png
LandshipBodyMK8.png
MKAGPDX_Luigi_Kart.jpg
BoosterSeat-BabyLuigi.png
800px-Streamlinermodel.png
800px-PowerFlowermodel.png
TrispeederBodyMK8.png
800px-RedFire.jpg
FlameFlyer-Bowser.png
MK8Streetle.png
MK8BlueFalcon.png
800px-Royalemodel.png
754px-Dragonfly.png
Bulletblaster2.jpg
SneakerBodyMK8.png
CometBodyMK8.png
Parawing.jpg
800px-Mkdd_koopa_dasher.jpg
714px-Wildlife.png
586px-GoldMantis.png
800px-Brute.png
BlueFalcon-BabyMario.png
505px-ROBLGSmodel.png

B Tier: largely inoffensive but doesn't wow me either; it's okay but probably needs more going for it for me to like it such as better engine sounds
StandardBikeS-BowserJr.png
MKAGPDX_Bowser_Jr._Kart.jpg
800px-4WheelCradle.png
MKAGPDX_Mario_Standard.jpg
MKAGPDX_Peach_Kart.jpg
MKAGPDX_DK_Kart.jpg
VarmintBodyMK8.png
Mach8BodyMK8.png
PipeFrameBodyMK8.png
ClassicDragster-Luigi.png
800px-Banisher.png
Offroader-Waluigi.png
MK8DX_Koopa_Clown.png
MK7_Koopa_Clown.png
MK8DX_Splat_Buggy.png
MK8DX_Inkstriker.png
800px-Cucumber.png
MarioGP.jpg
MKAGPDX_Don-chan_Kart.jpg
MK7_Cloud_9.png
MKAGPDX_Mario_Special_6.jpg
StandardBikeBodyMK8.png
StandardKartBodyMK8.png
100px-StandardKartS-BabyLuigi.png
Mario_Special_5.jpg
MKAGPDX_Pac-Man_Kart.jpg
800px-LightTripper.png
800px-DryBomber.png

C Tier: looks pretty ugly and not something I'd love to drive but has a few qualities that don't make it as bad as D tier such as good engine noises or stats to play around with or just being not ugly enough
800px-StandardKartMR.png
FlameRunner-FunkyKong.png
WarioBike-Wario.png
BulletBike-DryBones.png
Gold_Standard.png
MK7_Gold_Kart.png
800px-Poltergust4000model.png
800px-ROBBLSmodel.png
Piranhapipes.jpg
MK7_B_Dasher.png
ZeldaMK8Bdasher.png
MKAGPDX_Toad_Kart.jpg
800px-BDasher.png
799px-Mkdd_turbo_yoshi.jpg
Turbobirdo.jpg

D Tier: looks terrible, perhaps uninspired too, wouldn't be caught dead driving in it.
800px-Mkdd_dk_jumbo.jpg
612px-Mushmellow.png
SuperBlooper-Yoshi.png
800px-RambiRider.png
800px-Tyrant.png
PiranhaProwler-DonkeyKong.png
MK7_Egg_1.png
CheepCharger-BabyPeach.png
Magikruiser-Toadette.png
MKAGPDX_Yoshi_Kart.jpg
TeddyBuggyBodyMK8.png
MK7_Cact-X.png
BiddybuggyBodyMK8.png
711px-EggOne.png
YoshiBikeBodyMK8.png

Shooting Star Tier: NO.
800px-Shooting_Star.png

It looks boring and it's completely outdone by the Vacuum Star.

MKAGPDX_Luigi_Kart.jpg

The Shooting Star just doesn't make any sense. The bottom of it is completely thin and flat, but we only get to see the top half of the character's body, meaning that to drive on the car your body must be cut in half first.

Dream Stone Spirit said:
Is it bad that I think the Shooting Star looks really good?
Yes.

It's just a star with a star trail that's shaped like a box and has wheels. It's extremely generic, very very boring, has awfully mediocre stats, the absolute worst unlock in Mario Kart DS, and it's the ugliest in the entire series when you combine those traits together.

Shy Guy on Wheels said:
The Shooting Star just doesn't make any sense. The bottom of it is completely thin and flat, but we only get to see the top half of the character's body, meaning that to drive on the car your body must be cut in half first.
Unless you are Toad or Dry Bones, that is. Also, just look at the kart from the back, which is most of the time you'll see it. It looks like a box with wheels.

Whatever...but tell me, who paid you to put the Magikruiser in D Tier? Or that giant mushroom thing? And don't try and tell me that it wasn't Yoshi bias that made you put all his karts in D Tier...

And most importantly, just WHY is the Super Blooper in D Tier? That's my favorite kart in Mario Kart Wii! Period!

Magikruiser just looks lame and dorky, but not dorky enough to make it fun to race with. I just don't like its overall 3D design, like the broom thing juts out too much, shoes look dumb on it. I think I also just have an aversion to Magikoopas.

The Giant Mushroom thing just looks lame. It's literally a Mushroom with wheels. The design is too... spherical and even-looking for it to look interesting. There are better ways to design vehicles around Mushrooms too, just don't be lazy.

Mushroom_body.png

Yoshi vehicles tend to suffer from a similar problem. Also, three of those Yoshi vehicles are literally eggs with wheels, which, again, tends to make for boring karts. The Yoshi kart from Double Dash has more of a thing going on, but Yoshi just doesn't translate well to kart form. The Yoshi Bike also has some things going for it, such as the waving arms and whatnot, but it was my first unlock in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and so fuck that vehicle. It also has a tailpipe sticking right out of its ass, and how your character mounts it looks mighty uncomfortable as the back end of the vehicle just doesn't seem to be shaped right.

And also, yes, there's a way to design egg-themed vehicles without making it look lazy and boring too.

Egg_body.png

The Super Blooper is, again, a lazy vehicle. It is just a Blooper with wheels, honestly. And it's way too small, like middle weights look bigger and heavier than the kart they drive. And I doubt it's for comedy reasons unlike the Mr. Scooty or Quacker. It does have a few things to make it more vehicle-like such as the back part of the vehicle and some moving tentacles, but for a Mario vehicle, it doesn't do enough to make it more than just "Blooper but with wheels". There are ways to also make cool-looking designs with Blooper as a base.

Blooper_Spaceship_stamp_MK8.png

The spaceship from Rainbow Road in Mario Kart 8 would make for a fantastic Blooper-themed kart IMO.

Blooper_Diver.jpg

And this is the Blooper Driver, which looks really cool. Maybe it should have eyes, I don't know, but it looks so much more interesting than the Super Blooper, as there's quite a bit going on in the 3D design. It also looks like a spaceship too, but it's still quite different from the aforementioned literal spaceship.

So when those two vehicles exist, it's hard for me to recommend the Super Blooper.

Sure, it'll look so much better if someone like Bowser or Wario ride it. I did put some "silly" vehicles up there after all. But IMO I think the Mr. Scooty, the ROB LGS, and the graceful girly vehicles do "silly" more

Shy Guy on Wheels said:

Like you know how I always say that Mario doesn't have to make sense at all?

I present to you an exception.

Mario Kart 7 does the Pipe Frame much better than Mario Kart 8 IMO (it's more true to the original), so that's why it got the edge.

PipeFramePrototypeMK8.png

wish they stuck with that

Funky's Bike being ranked so low is disgraceful.

I also love how you hate Wario but you rank his fabolous car really high.

because it IS a nice ride

Cadillacs are awesome vehicles

Oh now I understand it all.

You two torture Wario daily through different ways so that one day he finally dies and you can stay with his car.

Saltman said:

Funky's Bike is ugly, though. I mean, I guess it's not as ugly as the Magikruiser, but I just don't care all that much for it.

His car is pretty damn good looking, but I keep thinking it must be really smelly to ride in, and I don't like its color scheme.

His bike, however, is another story. What a mess of pipes.

Saltman said:
Oh now I understand it all.

You two torture Wario daily through different ways so that one day he finally dies and you can stay with his car.
and we get to mod the car too, though again, the P-Wing is kinda already Mario's answer to Wario's car.

It's nice that the Wiggler buggy is one of your favourites! I like to combo that one with Waluigi.

I'm surprised you ranked Wario's car at a high spot. I thought you affectionally dislike Wario?

If a vehicle has Mario's head on the front (think the Turbo Yoshi and Turbo Birdo, except with Mario's head), where would it be ranked?

Thank you for reading.

Wiggler buggy is one of my favorites because it's themed after one of my favorite enemies in the series. I generally make Mario ride on it, it's a great combo of two of my favorite characters. And Mario looks better on a Wiggler than on a Yoshi. Makes him more imposing.

I do dislike Wario, but I don't dislike his car. I have a thing for more realistic cars in Mario Kart games, as you see that a lot of the S tiers resemble cars. I do think there should be some... changes to his car such as changing the color, removing some Wario motifs, and so on, maybe make it red :mario: or something?

A vehicle with Mario's head on it will probably hover around bottom tier, especially if it's like Mario's "Face"ship. It's too ugly and stupid looking for me to really like it, and it'll look awkward, have a bad color scheme (flesh color is not a good vehicle color) If they can pull it off like how Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed did with Reala (though Nights looked awful), then maaaybe it wouldn't be bottom tier. Would be hilarious if the car made Mario noises though.

LeftyGreenMario said:
Saltman said:

Funky's Bike is ugly, though. I mean, I guess it's not as ugly as the Magikruiser, but I just don't care all that much for it.

I see *munches hamburger*.

However the Rayal Ribbon is ugly as sin and the Dry Bomber is much much better in every way too.

It also confuses me how you hate the Shooting Star more than karts that literally are characters turned into karts. That's just... no. It's lazy and doesn't look good. With the Shooting Star at least they tried to come up with something marginally more original than slapping an entire character in a kart. Thing doesn't control horribly either.

Back