Post your Stages

Cell

Perfect
Pronouns
Kie/Mer
With Stage Builder being more artsty this time around, I figure we should have a topic for sharing them.

Don't expect one from me, though, my art skills suck.

Though, if Nintendo makes that Rosalina stage available for download for real, I am going to download that, it's really pretty, same for Small Bird

cokecan said:
I'll post some when I can, though note the builder isn't out just yet.

Gotta love how every single Smash YouTuber (and maybe some of us) were streaming at midnight thinking "Can't wait to play the update when it comes out!"

They should've told us the exact time with the video (unless I missed something in it).

Moldomré said:
cokecan said:
I'll post some when I can, though note the builder isn't out just yet.

Gotta love how every single Smash YouTuber (and maybe some of us) were streaming at midnight thinking "Can't wait to play the update when it comes out!"

They should've told us the exact time with the video (unless I missed something in it).
Considering it says 18th on the European websites it's probably releasing fairly late in the day.

I heard that it was bad in Smash 4. I hope it's better here. I'm also gonna make levels for the first time, as this is my first game in the franchise.

So to me basically it's available during sleep.

Perfect.

I've gotta convert my replays from the base game before I update to do the stage builder. And I'll do my artwork. Yes, I believe making your own stages is art.

Grassy area in the middle, surrounded by a rotating square of lave (with more grass in the middle). If you get stuck below the grassy area, prepare to bounce around until you glitch out of the area and die.

There's no single image that perfectly sums up my stage, but basically, there are two solid long ice platforms that are affected by gravity and respawn. On the top right, there's a circling lava cube that moves fast and the pivot is roughly where the HUD timer is. This lava cube ends up causing those long ice platforms to fly all over the place. On the top left is a rotating ice platform. There is also a smaller lava cube that falls and gets launched by the fast rotating lava cube. The rest is pretty self-explanatory.

DfTRvMM.jpg

ypCvogw.jpg

Al6rBZJ.jpg

NhRwYs5.jpg

Chaotic as hell, and sometimes, the small lava cube blocks the exit for the u formation on the left, so you end up taking heavy damage before you fly through the corners and die. Lava immunity spirit probably renders most of the pain moot, but still won't prevent the ice platforms that are constantly flying around from screwing you over. Sometimes, those ice platforms can shoot so high up they KO you through upper blast line, including Star/Screen KOs.

I've recreated some of the stages I made in 4 and Brawl, alongside making new ones.

Old:
SZ3fsge.jpg
ITmr4iq.jpg
5ExrlEh.jpg
1Aq9rL7.jpg

New:
OlrLGpv.jpg
y9D7L1d.jpg

I also tried creating a stage based on Gyromite, but all it did was make me want the ability to make moving platforms wait a set period of time before moving again.

D4bTYC5U0AAGSvX.jpg

For my first stage I immediately went to work with a Fawful pixel art. Then I realized I needed to place an actual stage so I put lava and platforms lol. Space background would've fit better but I hadn't completely decided on a theme when I initiated creating and what do you know, you can't change the background after building the stage, joy :/

There are walls of lava offscreen on both sides, so KOs only happen on the top.

D4eBI5OVUAATif8.jpg

And yes this is totally closed in for chaotic 8-player action: the only stage so far where I could make it with few enough objects to allow 8-player Smash

D4i4MShUcAAf548.jpg

Just a stage based on Castle Bleck. The stage capacity ran completely out on this one and I wanted to make the back wall have those square protrusions as well but for some reason when I started drawing THAT shape the capacity cut me off before I could complete it, even though it would've just been a single shape anyway :/ Bothers me in general that background elements affect how many players the stage can handle and there's still such a low limit for terrain/objects in general, no matter the layer

Also I don't like how the black terrain turns blue in the background but eh

wait - i don't own ultimate, but apparently it has a stage builder?

what limitations does it have?

Back