Does anyone have trouble deciding on a favorite Mario character?

Xgouki

I am my own waifu
While sorting through my amiibo collection, I've had trouble deciding on a favorite Mario extended universe character out of several candidates. Other than Samus, Nintendo characters are like my children - I love them all and have so much trouble deciding which ones I love the best. Below are the ones I'm thinking of out of the Mario extended universe in particular:

:bowser: : Bowser is badass, 'nuff said. He calls himself the King of Awesome, and lives up to it, with 900 pounds of pure destructive reptilian girth, devastating fiery breath, and a lovable and hammy personality to boot. Yet, he's not straight-up evil, and can be a very effective hero when the situation calls for it.

Rosalina: One of the most subversive Mario characters, Rosalina looks a lot like her predecessors Peach and Daisy, but breaks the mold by being a serene, caring and powerful god-like cosmic entity. I love Rosalina because of what she represents for the franchise - creativity, love, family, innocence and hidden depths.

:wario: : Also a very subversive character, but in a different way. While Mario is just about everything you'd expect from the "happy-go-lucky cartoon character" archetype, Wario tries to be the opposite on purpose. He's greedy, lazy, obnoxious, smelly, and loves to revel in being a bad guy, and his has own adventures that are usually motivated by greed. He's also hilarious to play and watch in Smash. Though his grossness can be a point against him at times, as I get slightly triggered by gross things in real life.

King K. Rool: Basically Bowser on steroids. While he isn't nearly as iconic, he's far more evil and cruel while remaining humorously hammy. I never grew up with the DKC cartoon, but as a fan of both reptiles and Darth Vader, I found his DK64 portrayal to be very very cool and wish future games would build on it.

:peach: : The most iconic female in gaming, and that's all that you need to know. Peach does suffer quite a bit for almost always playing the damsel in distress and never living down her constant tendency to be kidnapped, but I found her role and character development in Odyssey to be amazing. She's also a great character in the RPG's.

One look at my username, and you can clearly tell that the answer for me is NO.

However, I do have some rather close runner-ups. I'll try to put together a top 10:

1. The username says it all...
2. Toadsworth
3. Kamek
4. Bowser
5. Luigi
6. Mario
7. Iggy
8. Waluigi
9. Bowser Jr.
10. Peach

Nope!

Here’s my top 10!

1. Toadette
2. Toad
3. Bowser Jr.
4. Yoshi
5. Rosalina
6. Cappy
7. Luigi
8. Mario
9. Daisy
10. Peach

Well I grew with Luigi, and Baby Luigi is a freaking awesome Mario Kart series ridiculous playable character (more ridiculous than Luigi) on top of being cute so it's a no-brainer.

Dream Stone Spirit said:
One look at my username, and you can clearly tell that the answer for me is NO.

However, I do have some rather close runner-ups. I'll try to put together a top 10:

1. The username says it all...
2. Toadsworth
3. Kamek
4. Bowser
5. Luigi
6. Mario
7. Iggy
8. Waluigi
9. Bowser Jr.
10. Peach

I love your choice of favorite character

If I had to pick a top 10, it would change every few days, but at this moment, it's probably as follows:

1. Wario
2. Bowser
3. Rosalina
4. King K. Rool
5. Peach
6. Mario
7. Pauline
8. Waluigi
9. Donkey Kong
10. Luigi
Bowsette should be in there somewhere oh wait she isn't canon

I usually stick with Fawful as my go-to favorite character, and if I was picking one that I want to see made playable in any of the roster-based games, it would be him. But really I think him and Dimentio are so close that it depends day-to-day which I'm more obsessed with. Count Bleck gets into that mix sometimes as well.

Nope

def no trouble on the number 1 spot (luigi!!!!!!!) but past this point i dont even know
i tried to sort em into a top 5 but dropped it recently because the sorting wasnt ever consistent and i had heckloads of favorites in general anyways
so i dont even know what my second most favorite mario character is, and whatever it is probably fluctuates based on my current obsession

I was going to joke that I have an extraordinarily difficult time deciding my favorite Mario character as I took forever decide on a username based on my favorite character, have no confidence how to theme myself, I never decided on a main for any Mario games and took too long to choose my first character, and I certainly make it hard for people to guess whom my favorite Mario character is, but I'll refrain.

Yeah it's obvious who's my favourite character. Here's my top 10 list:

#1: both you-know-who and Yoshi (tie)
#2: Luigi
#3: Bowser
#4: Iggy Koopa
#5: Cappy
#6: Count Bleck
#7: Tippi
#8:Rosalina
#9: Diddy Kong (even though he technically counts as a DK character)
#10: Petey Piranha.

I made a similar top 10 in my userpage, but I should change that list at some point.

I even should change my entire page.

If you asked me the topic question a decade ago or so I might've had some trouble, but for as long as I can remember now Wario has been my favorite character. I'm more partial towards his Wario Land depictions focusing on his greediness and tendency to do whatever it takes for treasure (i.e. the powerups where he's set on fire or turned into a zombie, or intentionally ignoring the princess in Shake It) than his WarioWare depictions that focus on his gross-out factor (with still some greed present of course), but I think he's great in both.
While she's lower on my list, I also think Peach is a fun character when she's allowed to actually do things on her own like in some of the RPGs and going around the world in Odyssey. It's a shame they don't show that off more often.

My top 10 would probably be something like:
  • Wario
  • Bowser
  • King K. Rool
  • Peach
  • Luigi
  • Kamek
  • King Boo
  • Rosalina
  • Toad
  • Waluigi

I kind of have this opinion because there is no character I can pinpoint as my absolute favourite, although Mario is the one that comes close to this mainly because he's practically the only character I am the most comfortable saying that he's my favourite. If you were to ask me if I have trouble choosing a character I dislike, I would agree with the sentiment, although I've already formed a response if someone were to ask me this.

Thank you for reading.

I've never been able to make a decision about who my absolute favourite is between Daisy and Shy Guy, but I've never really had any trouble deciding to have those two as the top. I think it's harder to decide on favourite characters than least favourite ones, though.

Not I; Mario's my favorite character period!

Nope, my favorite perpetually always has been and always will be the same.

Aim that filthy Vacuum Helmet somewhere else, ya loon.

I honestly have no idea what my favourite Mario character is

I'm not even sure it's Bowser. I only chose that persona due to vanity issues.

Yep, those Vanity Fair issues with Bowser were some of the best issues they released

Luigi will always be my favorite!!! :luigi: However he was not my first favorite; that was actually Mario, then Toad/Toadette, then Yoshi, and finally Luigi

Back