How would you envision a perfect Pokémon game?

Jigglypurin

My cursor has blood on it.
Banned User
Title says all.

My idea would be an open-world game with the length of Johto and Kanto, the rival's attitude of Blue and Silver,the art style of Black, the battling mechanics of Pokkén, and the difficulty of...uh...no pokémon games have been that especially difficult so just go with an rpg from a different series Final Fantasy X.

An American release of Pokemon Green.

Dream Stone Spirit said:
You do realize that Japan's Pokémon Green was our Pokémon Blue, right? The one that wasn't brought over was Japan's Blue.
Alex95 said:
Pokemon MMO, yo
YES PLEASE OMG

A Pokemon game that focuses on difficulty and story. Scrap catching Pokemon, you have a party of a few select Pokemon, the rest can be Enemies, Bosses, and NPCs.

Just make a normal RPG, gimmicks such as catching Pokemon just ruin the series for me.

Dream Stone Spirit said:
Creature from the Depths of Hell Itself said:
Dream Stone Spirit said:
You do realize that Japan's Pokémon Green was our Pokémon Blue, right? The one that wasn't brought over was Japan's Blue.
But the box isn't green and it's not called Green... :(
Ohhh, so you find a blue treasure chest which has tons of gold inside, but instead you're uninterested because the chest is painted blue instead of green? ‍♂️

Give us the game with all the regions in it, so you can start in Kanto or some place, go to Johto, then to Sinnoh in the north, then to Unova, then to Kalos, then head down the sea towards Hoenn, then to Alola, then to whatever the new region is, you could even visit orre and other side games

With that I'd increase the level cap to about 300, that'll give the player more challenge when it comes to facing off against the other gyms

It could even be an MMO or something, you'd probably have to release it on PC anyway

The Stanley Parable Adventure Line™ said:
Dream Stone Spirit said:
Creature from the Depths of Hell Itself said:
Dream Stone Spirit said:
But the box isn't green and it's not called Green... :(
Ohhh, so you find a blue treasure chest which has tons of gold inside, but instead you're uninterested because the chest is painted blue instead of green? ‍♂️
As long as the chest is green, I could care less what's inside :P

Most RPG's stick to a limited set of characters in a party, Chrono Trigger has six, Final Fantasy VII has nine, Octopath Traveller has eight, and then Pokemon has more then 800 potential party members. The act of choosing which characters you want in your party ultimately ends up becoming stressful, as you have to know which Pokemon to catch and use out of over 800 of them.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon.

Have it set after some kind of apocalyptic event during which humanity has wiped itself out and Pokémon inherit the Earth. They build a new society from the ashes of the previous one. A somewhat tribalistic society that largely revolves around the idea of Pokémon banding together and forming guilds around common interests both personal and social, which they colloquially refer to as "Exploration Teams". There are no humans left in this world, only Pokémon dealing with their own Pokémon society issues. Pokémon Trainers are just an obscure myth from the past; a cautionary tale of people-snatching bogeymen that parents tell to their misbehaving children. Maybe there could be a cool story that is actually plot-driven and has nothing to do with collecting the arbitrary number of tokens held by some guys so you become eligible for the cool guy contest and defeat the five members of the elite 4 guys so you can become the Guy. There could be some kind of shifting alleigance thing where the guy you thought was the villain actually turns out to be on your side and you've just been fed misinformation. Maybe there could be an interesting ending that makes you feel an Emotion™. And maybe it could leave you with some sort of feeling like "Wow, who would have thought that a cool unique world would be able to host a charming little story instead of just the same formulaic collectathon seven-something times".

I'm sure that will never happen though.

Back