Video games that make you cry?

supermariofan

Dry Bowser
I cry more at movies than I do at games, but there are some games that make me tear up emotionally such as Kingdom Hearts III And Final Fantasy VII (No it’s not THAT scene).

I don't really play very dark games (darkest one I've played is Kirby 64, with that creepy death glare in the false ending and a little too much blood in the final boss), but Mario Galaxy's soundtrack did evoke a few tears from me.

A very specific scene during TTYD's endgame.

Also Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: EoD/EoT/EoS.

The ending of Mario Galaxy is like Toy Story 3's ending.

Thinking about it is simple, yet going through it playing onscreen without at least producing one tear is impossible.

I remember crying upon hearing the end credits in MKW way back when it was first released, due to how triumpant the music sounded to me.

I'm not really the type of person to cry at entertainment mediums but I'd be honest that at one point I did feel bad for Mystery Dungeon's and Super Mystery Dungeon's ending, but not enough to start crying at it. Aside from that, I don't recall anything that makes me like that.

The only time I cried because of video game was the thing that happened in Chapter 15 in FE: Fates Birthright if you failed to get an A rank with Kaze.

Back