Mario & Sonic at the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games

https://nintendoeverything.com/mario-sonic-at-the-tokyo-2020-olympic-games-announced-for-switch/
mario-sonic-tokyo-olympic-games-3.jpg

Even the guys have outfits now.

at first i didnt really care for the new outifts but as soon as i saw eggman my mind was completely changed
too bad the game will probably be pretty lame

Toadette better be playable this time I swear-

I'm kinda at a lost on who they can add to the Sonic side of things, only thing I can think of is Storm, Chaos and the rest of the Deadly Six, Classic characters are forbidden to show up in Modern games, Infinite is said to be off limit to the IDW writers, so he's probably off limits, Boom characters can't show up with the same mandate beside Sticks.

On the Mario side of thing, Pauline is the most obvious, as well as the rest of the Koopalings, maybe they can add Dixie and E Gadd?

I'm sure it will be as boring to play but as nice to look at and listen to as ever.

I’m glad that the guys get new outfits for events now, even Peach is wearing something different meaning the other girls will get a change too

I wonder how many characters and events we’ll get this time?

It's kinda weird to think there will be a Mario & Sonic game in 2020, considering they skipped it for this year's Olympics.

But yeah, looking forward to it.

Cuphead said:
It's kinda weird to think there will be a Mario & Sonic game in 2020, considering they skipped it for this year's Olympics.

I hear that they skipped 2018 because of licensing issues, and that this will be the last entry in the series.

But Nintendo has a big presence in the real-life 2020 Olympics, so I'm not surprised that they made this one.

Team Kirby said:
I hear that they skipped 2018 because of licensing issues, and that this will be the last entry in the series.
Sega lost the license to the Olympics, as Ubisoft secured the rights to 2018 Winter Olympics for the DLC for Steep.

Team Kirby said:
Cuphead said:

But Nintendo has a big presence in the real-life 2020 Olympics, so I'm not surprised that they made this one.

As Infinite8 mentioned. Ubisoft had the license for the 2018 games. That's the main reason we didn't get one for the Korean olympics. As soon as we heard Sega had the license for 2020, we pretty much had to know this game was coming soon.

Where exactly was it confirmed that this will be the last one Sega will work on?

Also, you know for sure that I wish babies would compete in the Olympics. They can have Chaos as their rivals. It would just be the most adorable Olympics ever.

Baby Luigi said:
Where exactly was it confirmed that this will be the last one Sega will work on?

Also, you know for sure that I wish babies would compete in the Olympics. They can have Chaos as their rivals. It would just be the most adorable Olympics ever.
I thought that this was the last one Sega held the license for.

I hope Peach will have her bikini from Super Mario Odyssey without the sarong/towel when in the swimming events. It is very appropriate for swimming. She wore it in the Lake Kingdom and Seaside Kingdom in Odyssey. I mean, Peach can still wear her leotard for Gymnastic events as she did for previous games. I would love to see her bikini from Super Mario Odyssey put to good use in a sports game like this.

Sometimes a person reveals a bit too much about themselves when they post something.

I love Mario and friends in their new attire. Sonic just looks silly, but he deserves it for being able to parade around naked. Anyway, here's hoping the swimming stuff comes with the glorious swim trunks for Luigi.

Well she had Mario in swim trunks as her avatar so anything's possible.

And Mario in a wedding dress as another avatar.

Anyway I don't have high expectations, considering I haven't played any since 2014 Winter Games. But if it's good, great. If not, whatever. Not interested.

Back