What would your reaction to a Mario puppet show

Cell

Perfect
Pronouns
Kie/Mer
... And I mean with an actual budget, instead of the Cat Mario Show.

I think it could work pretty well, but I see it working mostly for a Yoshi show considering the recent fabric theme, but I wouldn't be opposed to one at all, if anything, Nintendo worked with the Jim Henson Company before, plus, it could work with the Mushroom Kingdom setting in general

give me any modern mario cartoon and i will latch onto it
especially. Especially. if martinet is in it. the cat mario show speciifcally doesnt interest me as much as it would because what the heck are those voices???

If it was good. Cool. If it wasn't. Oh well. Just Toss it in the bin with all the other not good Mario things.

I think I'd prefer a Luigi puppet show.

An ultimate one in fact.
SuperDimentio.jpg

Real talk. It wouldn't take much to top the Cat Mario Show, just have the established VAs and you have something bearable at least.

ZelenPixel said:
especially. Especially. if martinet is in it. the cat mario show speciifcally doesnt interest me as much as it would because what the heck are those voices???

Are you talking about the British one, or the American one(The one I prefer)?

If it features more than the main Mario characters (Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, Bowser and Toad), I would be more impressed because I only genuinely like Mario, and to a lesser extent Yoshi and Toad. Let other regulars like Donkey Kong, Daisy, Wario and Waluigi have a chance to shine too!

Of course, the voice acting would be a great thing to nail down, where the voice actors of the characters are used instead of using different ones.

Thank you for reading.

Toadettefan14 said:
ZelenPixel said:

theres a difference?? im assumign the only ones i watched were european ones but i dont really know

ZelenPixel said:
Toadettefan14 said:
ZelenPixel said:

theres a difference?? im assumign the only ones i watched were european ones but i dont really know

Yeah, the European ones have the characters speaking in a British accent and has lasted longer than the American one(which is based on the European one), although the American one does have the better voices in my opinion(cat Peach sounds like Bijou from Hamtaro in the British version, while cat Mario’s voice is deeper than it is in the American version), even though it was short lived.

Here are episodes of both:

The American one!

The British one!

See the difference now, Zelenpixel?

Ah, if you want Super Mario Logan on YouTube, then you'll know that sorta exists.

It's not official, but Nintendo could do something slightly similar.

I hope not.

That stuff is shit.

Toadette said:
ZelenPixel said:
Toadettefan14 said:
ZelenPixel said:

Yeah, the European ones have the characters speaking in a British accent and has lasted longer than the American one(which is based on the European one), although the American one does have the better voices in my opinion(cat Peach sounds like Bijou from Hamtaro in the British version, while cat Mario's voice is deeper than it is in the American version), even though it was short lived.

Here are episodes of both:

The American one!

The British one!

See the difference now, Zelenpixel?

Peach sounds quite a bit like her canon self in the American one and that makes me happy. But seriously, how hard would it have been to get Martinet to reprise his role as Mario? The British voices are even more off and are hilarious.

Oh well. It's just a bit of forgotten media narrowly aimed at kids so won't matter in the long run.

Back to the topic at hand, I think the best idea for a Mario puppet show would be a Bowser or Wario parody talk-show type thing as a web series. Here's why:

-Bowser and Wario lend themselves a bit better to the puppet format than the rest of the main Mario cast. Bowser is a big monster, and Wario looks more like a goblin than a human. Both have huge mouths that would lend themselves easily to a Muppet-like design (hell, they even sell an official Bowser hand puppet).

-Mario himself sort of has a "vanilla" personality and is defined by the world around him. Having him as the star of a puppet show would make for a show that's mostly bland, cheerful and happy, and would seem to be for small children at least at first glance even if not intended as such (as opposed to the games; puppet shows in general are often seen as a "kiddie" thing thanks to Sesame Street). A Yoshi show in particular would probably be preschool cringe, seeing as the games themselves are aimed more at kids than the main Mario games. Having a snarky, hammy character with attitude at the helm would make it clearer that the show will have a lot of attitude and personality of its own, and lots of snark and all-ages humor to draw in the Mario franchise's diverse fanbase.

-Mario barely talks; it's more or less conjectured that he CAN talk, but he's mostly mute in his games (likely as a stylistic/storytelling choice). Meanwhile, Bowser and Wario have extensive dialogue, and both have had fully-voiced appearances (Bowser in Sunshine, and Wario much more recently and professionally in WarioWare Gold).

-If it's a Wario show, it would likely be centered around WarioWare, which would provide even more potential for the wackiness and charm that would tell most people "this isn't a kiddie puppet show".

-The talk-show format could provide for some interesting "guest stars" from different Nintendo franchises, including other animal/monster characters like Kirby, Piranha Plants and Ridley. Human guest stars like Link could be nice, but I don't see them being a thing, considering that they would have to either be a) CGI (too much medium blending), b) live actors (which Nintendo barely ever does - when was the last time you saw Treehouse members in cosplay starring in a video?), or c) more puppets (which could end up very creepy if done wrong - see: the Japanese Link's Awakening commercial).

id be like "oh, thats neat" and then forget about it until some clip of a funny moment shows up on youtube

thats how i was with sonic boom

Xgouki said:
-Mario himself sort of has a "vanilla" personality and is defined by the world around him. Having him as the star of a puppet show would make for a show that's mostly bland, cheerful and happy, and would seem to be for small children at least at first glance even if not intended as such (as opposed to the games; puppet shows in general are often seen as a "kiddie" thing thanks to Sesame Street). A Yoshi show in particular would probably be preschool cringe, seeing as the games themselves are aimed more at kids than the main Mario games. Having a snarky, hammy character with attitude at the helm would make it clearer that the show will have a lot of attitude and personality of its own, and lots of snark and all-ages humor to draw in the Mario franchise's diverse fanbase.

-Mario barely talks; it's more or less conjectured that he CAN talk, but he's mostly mute in his games (likely as a stylistic/storytelling choice). Meanwhile, Bowser and Wario have extensive dialogue, and both have had fully-voiced appearances (Bowser in Sunshine, and Wario much more recently and professionally in WarioWare Gold).
but no one else is better suited for that job than...

qFOMAhf.gif

brought to you by the the game for its completely unrivaled edge

sorry, I can dream about a puppet show where Mario acts like a friendly punk and trash-talks his enemies, he'd be like Sonic but better or like Kirby from Kirby's Avalanche.

Back