Identifying Luck: Mario Party

ZoomZike

YouTube/ZoomZike
Heyyyyyyyya!! I've recently released an hour and a half long breakdown video of the original Mario Party. It explains the complexities of the game while teaching players how to best adapt their strategies to luck-based scenarios. I made a short introduction to this series that I'm calling Identifying Luck, but watching that introduction isn't necessary, just recommended.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nceU5D-E_PQ

If it's too much to watch in one sitting you can always use the timestamps in the description to mark where you're at in the video to come back to it later.

Hope this wasn't much of a bother! I just thought that people here might appreciate this kind of content being spread around.

Thanks for reading! :mario:

Unfortunately, that's not going to be easy. I just watched a video which demonstrates that there's no luck in Mario Party; almost everything's predetermined. Most of the subsequent Mario Party games don't have this weird ability, however.

Rin Nelek said:
Unfortunately, that's not going to be easy. I just watched a video which demonstrates that there's no luck in Mario Party; almost everything's predetermined. Most of the subsequent Mario Party games don't have this weird ability, however.

While MP1's dice block rolls are predetermined, that doesn't make it any easier for players to know what they're going to get. In every Mario Party 1-7, players can't know for certain what number it's going to land on, predetermined or not. The video I posted isn't about dice block rolls, it's about optimizing players' gameplay in the boards and minigames.

Hope that cleared some things up!

Back