Poll

Which Mario Kart games do you have/want to see a tournament for?

Super Mario Kart
5 (10.2%)
Mario Kart: Super Circuit
7 (14.3%)
Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
8 (16.3%)
Mario Kart DS
7 (14.3%)
Mario Kart Wii
10 (20.4%)
Mario Kart 7
12 (24.5%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author Topic: Mario Kart Time Trials tournament choices  (Read 375 times)

Alex95

• NIWA Nut
  • Wiki Administrator
  • Dry Bowser
    • View Profile
    • Power Master Games
Mario Kart Time Trials tournament choices
« on: March 02, 2019, 05:16:45 PM »
Last year, I hosted a Mario Kart 64 Times Trials tournament, and I think that did really well! Wanting to do it again, this time with a different Mario Kart game, but I need to know what games you have for that!

So vote which Mario Kart games you have, or you can vote which game you want to see the tournament be used for (even if you don't actually have that game). Game with the most votes will be the subject of the tournament. Mario Kart 64 is removed because it's boring to do the same game twice in a row :P

Rules will be similar to previous tournament, but actual sign-ups and more information will occur at a later date. I myself have all of them except Super Circuit, DS, and 8 Deluxe, but I can still host the tournament should either of those come out on top. Actual copies of the game (regardless of region), Virtual Console versions (also regardless of region), and unmodified emulations can count.

The tournament will require you have every unlockable course available, as all courses are chosen at random. Regarding Mario Kart 8 DLC, that will be a separate poll should that game win this poll.

Also, check out a similar event with Kirby Air Ride!

I'll close the poll at some point.

EDIT:
Talking to Lakituthequick about his upcoming Mario Kart 8 Deluxe tournament, I decided to remove Mario Kart 8 and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe as choices for this Time Trials tournament. We both decided having two different games would add more variety, and would just make sense considering Mario Kart 8/Deluxe can just be raced online anyway. So can Mario Kart 7, but connections have been spotty during past tournaments, so it will remain on this list.

If you voted for Mario Kart 8 or Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, please cast a new vote if that changes anything!

Do check out Lakituthequick's MK8DX tournament once that's up as well! ^^

Yoshi the SSM

• (Space Station Manager)
  • King Bowser
  • I'm Yoshi the Space Station Manager from the wiki.
    • View Profile
Re: Mario Kart Time Trials tournament choices
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2019, 07:45:39 PM »
I have two questions. What are you going to do about retro tracks that appear in Super Circuit (all SMK tracks) and Mario Kart DS and onwards? Similarly, the DLC tracks in Mario Kart 8 (Deluxe) (more important for 8 since it is paid while in Deluxe it is part of the original)? I am asking since retro tracks are part of the game, but were part of previous games. Not only that but they are totally separate from the nitro tracks. So, they have their own first track and last track. And the DLC tracks of 8 are extensions to the right of both of them and have both kinds of tracks, yet they are obviously separate.
I don't have time to give you a ride, I am managing a space station. And ask me something here:www.marioboards.com/index.php?topic=38633.msg1934343#msg1934343

fantanoice

• Vee vee
  • Power Star
  • I can see through time
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2019, 07:49:49 PM »
Double Dash let's go.

I think any tracks that are locked behind DLC should not be part of the tournament.
RIP B. "Walkazo" Dalziel. December 16, 1991 to March 27, 2016.

<< Watch Pokemon Let's Go! Eevee Nuzlocke Stream >>
Ask Me Stuff

Alex95

• NIWA Nut
  • Wiki Administrator
  • Dry Bowser
    • View Profile
    • Power Master Games
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2019, 11:28:03 PM »
I have two questions. What are you going to do about retro tracks that appear in Super Circuit (all SMK tracks) and Mario Kart DS and onwards?

Any Retro courses will be available for selection along with the regular Nitro courses. I suppose I should say to make sure you have every unlockable course available, so I'll put that in the OP.

Similarly, the DLC tracks in Mario Kart 8 (Deluxe) (more important for 8 since it is paid while in Deluxe it is part of the original)? I am asking since retro tracks are part of the game, but were part of previous games. Not only that but they are totally separate from the nitro tracks. So, they have their own first track and last track. And the DLC tracks of 8 are extensions to the right of both of them and have both kinds of tracks, yet they are obviously separate.
Double Dash let's go.

I think any tracks that are locked behind DLC should not be part of the tournament.
I was not thinking of DLC, so good points. I'll bring that up should the original Mario Kart 8 win the votes. Will be a separate poll.

MediaWilkinsVideoEditor2019

• Cheep-Cheep
  • MVE856
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2019, 09:06:50 PM »
MK8 Deluxe PLZ!

Because its better for tournaments. If you thought i was Gonna chose you know what, You are wrong!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 09:12:10 PM by MVE856 »

Dream Stone Spirit

• Dry Bowser
  • YoshiFlutterJump
  • Fine! I'll be happy to...NOT TELL YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2019, 09:59:28 PM »
I'll probably be able to buy any Mario Kart game the community decides on, but I'd prefer playing one I already own and am familiar with (Wii, 8, 8 DX).

Marie

• The best squid girl
  • Dry Bowser
  • Luigi 64DD
  • If you find any good Marie fanart, send it here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2019, 03:26:24 PM »
Voted MK:DD. I would vote MK8D, but I'd rather have that be a standard online tournament like last year instead of a time trials tournament. Also, I assume someone else is gonna run that tournament.

Credit to several artists for my avatars, see this post. Also click the above image for nice music!
Userpage | Ask | Art

Cheeseburger in Paradise

• Nobody wants wants to get drunk and get loud.
  • King Bowser
  • George Jones
  • Founder of the Sharknado Clan, formed 2015
    • View Profile
    • My GameFAQs account
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2019, 11:26:10 AM »
I'm thinking Mario Kart 8 DX. I like it better for tournaments.
  I am addicted to Felicia, the character in the image on the left.  R.I.P. George Jones, in the image in the center and J. D. Sumner, in the image on the right.

Alex95

• NIWA Nut
  • Wiki Administrator
  • Dry Bowser
    • View Profile
    • Power Master Games
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2019, 01:49:31 PM »
Talking to Lakituthequick about his upcoming Mario Kart 8 Deluxe tournament, I decided to remove Mario Kart 8 and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe as choices for this Time Trials tournament. We both decided having two different games would add more variety, and would just make sense considering Mario Kart 8/Deluxe can just be raced online anyway. So can Mario Kart 7, but connections have been spotty during past tournaments, so it will remain on this list.

If you voted for Mario Kart 8 or Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, please cast a new vote if that changes anything!

cokecan

• quencher of thirst
  • Spiny
  • Parakoopa144
  • a delicious beverage
    • View Profile
    • home
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2019, 10:40:30 AM »
I would love an MKSC tourney! Probably my favourite MK game! If SC loses the vote then I'd still be up to host an SC tourney.
sip sip sip