Explore Maps in Mario Games at Noclip Website

winstein

Justice is not limited, it is a universal quality
Awards Committee
MarioWiki
winstein
mario-circuit-from-mario-kart-wii.900x.jpg

Specifically, this website allows you to do so: https://noclip.website/

This website has 3D maps from several games, most of them from Nintendo consoles. In fact, there are even Mario games here! I wasn't sure where to post this, but I put it here since I am sure this is the board that gets the most activity. Here's a list of games that you can find:
- Mario Kart Wii
- Super Mario Galaxy
- Super Mario Galaxy 2
- Super Paper Mario
- Luigi's Mansion
- Mario Kart: Double Dash
- Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
- Super Mario Sunshine
- Mario Kart DS
- Super Mario 64 DS
- New Super Mario Bros DS (World Maps only)
- Luigi's Mansion 3D
- Donkey Kong Country Returns
- Super Mario Odyssey

Here are the camera controls, experimented by yours truly:
B: Reset camera position
Q: Move camera down
E: Move camera up
W: Move camera forward
S: Move camera backward
A: Pan camera left
D: Pan camera right
Hold mouse button and move mouse: Rotate camera

Thank you for reading.

At last, now it's secrets will be mine to invade.

Lakituthequick said:
ZelenPixel said:
sounds super interesting but the link seems to not work :[
What seems to be the problem?
image.png

"couldnt get access to the site" or somethign like that
i coulda gotten screwed over because im russian oh well

maybe use a proxy, it might be some stupid country restriction

Someone should make a CodeWalker esque for this and let you replace textures for you to use in your modded Mario games.

The fact that this has cracked the Paper Mario model format and yet there's no public download for the models in a usable format or any sort of public method to edit or convert them bothers me, this would be HUGE for modding TTYD and SPM and making their assets more widely available for miscellaneous uses

Still fascinating to explore the maps on the site, though the site is entirely broken on the Macs at school, in which the site isn't blocked but the models will only load as a glitchy mess or flat-out black screen, depending on the browser. However thanks to the site's ability to navigate Odyssey models I was able to make this masterpiece :P

probably more of an issue with the macs rendering 3D stuff, not a problem with the browser, I think

Looks like Dreamy Luigi because his legs look short.

Yes that's god.

Finally, someone who doesn't look at the purple toothpick and call him god.

Or the goat stuck in a fence.

And yeah I saw that Mindless Junk thread ya bugs

it suddenly freed me from gay baby jail so im just poking around cascade kingdom here and its rad
i wish you could open maps you have saved though. id love to recreate harry potter 2 maps in minecraft and this seems to be the best map exploring tool to help with it. ive been looking for something lik that for over a y ear lmao.

I've looked into the inner workings of this site a bit and am even more impressed.

This site doesn't just show map models, it actually loads the raw source files that are straight from the game to your browser, processes that and then renders everything.
For example, if you load a Mario Kart Wii, Splatoon or other map in that format, it downloads the actual SZS archive file and uses some format-specific magic to show that.

In other words, it does what BrawlBox does to open the files, then renders the files better than BrawlBox ever could.

Back